2024 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

4 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Can we start a “Tranfer Portal Quarterback wishlist” that Freeze could go ahead and start tampering with? 

Be sure to include Grayson McCall at the top…especially after getting carted off the field in an ambulance 

Edited by AUINSY
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, AUINSY said:

Be sure to include Grayson McCall at the top

I’ll road trip to Coastal and pick him up after graduation.  

I’d rather have one year of McCall than another year of this mess. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

I’ll road trip to Coastal and pick him up after graduation.  

I’d rather have one year of McCall than another year of this mess. 

If Mcall came in and run this style of offense then u would get another year of this mess

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

Can we start a “Tranfer Portal Quarterback wishlist” that Freeze could go ahead and start tampering with? 

With it being the NIL ERA, I prefer NCAA free agency.

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

Started that thread last week.....it was renamed (not by me) the "way too early portal transfer thread" but like you I think it is much needed after what we've seen on the field this year.

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Be more to it than that   like...... 💰 

that was assumed along with a 🏎️ and perhaps a private 🛫

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

Edited by HAPvsOA

5 hours ago, PikesEagle said:

I haven't seen a running list of potential visits this week, do or is there one out yet?

@PikesEagle Mostly just AU commits and recruits from later classes for this one. One interesting note though. 2025 4* LB Jadon Perlotte (UGa commit) is expected back for his 3rd AU game this season.

The Iron Bowl is the next big recruiting weekend.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@PikesEagle Mostly just AU commits and recruits from later classes for this one. One interesting note though. 2025 4* LB Jadon Perlotte (UGa commit) is expected back for his 3rd AU game this season.

Should we be concerned about PT taking the ACT in regards to qualifying?

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

Should we be concerned about PT taking the ACT in regards to qualifying?

@AUwent if we aren't already talking about the player then I need a full last name at minimum.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

@AUwent if we aren't already talking about the player then I need a full last name at minimum.

Perry Thompson. I know he said he plans to enroll in January (it's the free part of the article so I don't think I'm rule breaking), but yeah.

Edited by AUwent

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Perry Thompson

My guess would be no since no AU recruiting analyst has mentioned qualifying issues with him. Normally they would have mentioned something by now.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Sounds good E and thanks for the clarification. 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2023 at 5:40 PM, ellitor said:

One 2025 visitor was Ryan Montgomery, 4* QB fro Ohio.  He gushed about his visit in exit interviews as most do.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, dilligas said:

One 2025 visitor was Ryan Montgomery, 4* QB fro Ohio.  He gushed about his visit in exit interviews as most do.  

@dilligas I know. It's covered in the RM thread. RM is not on commit or flip watch though. Perlotte is.

On 10/22/2023 at 8:37 AM, AUINSY said:

Be sure to include Grayson McCall at the top…especially after getting carted off the field in an ambulance 

Grayson McCall was carted off for a helmet to helmet hit. The head coach stated he will be fine but unlikely to suit up for Coastal Carolina again. I think he means that McCall will not play again this season and will transfer after the season.

So he absolutely needs to be on the watch list. With over 10,000 yards thrown and 88 TDs, I wouldn't be mad about it. 

• Like 1

Also has offers from Arkansas, Mississippi State, Purdue and several FCS Schools

Edited by Paladin
  • Like 1

We also offered the #1 Juco DL in the class today. Antonio Alfano. He was the #1 overall recruit in the 2019 class. He's been at 2 colleges, 2 Jucos, & 3 high schools in his playing career. Even with all that turbulence he picked up 7 new P5 offers today. Some damn strong highlight film must have hit the net today.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

We also offered the #1 Juco DL in the class today. Antonio Alfano. He was the #1 overall recruit in the 2019 class. He's been at 2 colleges, 2 Jucos, & 3 high schools in his playing career. Even with all that turbulence he picked up 7 new P5 offers today. Some damn strong highlight film must have hit the net today.

We haven't had a bunch of luck with players that have bounced around this much. Posse, then basketball's Purifoy had his share of difficulties. Still, I guess this one is worth a shot. Offers don't cost much.

• Like 6