Geriner Could Start at QB

AU-24

43 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Guys... Guys... Guuuyyyyysssss.... Don't do it... resist it..... Fight it....

I see what you did there. You ain't sliding that by this guy. No siree.

• Haha 4

hell duke it out! take no prisoners. we can let mr 24 officiate as that would just be more entertaining............lol but i will say this from past experience........NEVER EVER piss off bird. he took twenty pounds of my behind if he took an ounce.....lol. true story

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

Wow, a few things...

1. Your deflection into Harsin is transparent and pathetic. In no way is it relevant to anything anyone has said, nor does it remove any humor about your daddy.  You are a cliche that acts as expected. War Damn Gus! Amirite?

2. How much is Harsin paying in rent in your head? (Yeah, sounds dumb...we know)

3. To answer you question with a question, how many of those 20 transfers made a significant impact to their transfer school?

(It's not a number that looks good for your deflection)

A lot of the Pro-Gus crowd or the Pro-Harsin crowd don't get the fact that some of us feel both should have been fired and an indictment on one isn't support for the other. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, CCTAU said:

If you are going to wreck the ship, at least go down with the guys that want to be on the ship. As it turned out, the foundation that was left will be the beginning of something special. I wish the ones who left much success and happiness. 

The foundation that was left after two years of Harsin ain't much. Starters at Ole Miss, Florida, Oregon, Kentucky and Indiana are just a few of those who that bailed out on Harsin. Can you blame anyone for leaving a sinking ship?

I'm wishing Freeze all the success in the world but he won't win with what Harsin left here or recruited. It'll be Freeze's own recruits and transfers that are critical to winning, if winning is forthcoming.

Remember, the average number of coaches that a school at Auburn's level goes through is about 4.5 before one is settled on. Freeze is just our #2. Will we be lucky? Time will tell.

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

Remember, the average number of coaches that a school at Auburn's level goes through is about 4.5 before one is settled on.

Dye...

1. Tubs 

2. Chiz 

3. Gus 

4. Harsin 

...Hugh

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

The foundation that was left after two years of Harsin ain't much. Starters at Ole Miss, Florida, Oregon, Kentucky and Indiana are just a few of those who that bailed out on Harsin. Can you blame anyone for leaving a sinking ship?

I'm wishing Freeze all the success in the world but he won't win with what Harsin left here or recruited. It'll be Freeze's own recruits and transfers that are critical to winning, if winning is forthcoming.

Remember, the average number of coaches that a school at Auburn's level goes through is about 4.5 before one is settled on. Freeze is just our #2. Will we be lucky? Time will tell.

I will say it for him (since he refuses) and then we can all move on:

Mikey this is Bird… I always thought we could do better than Gus, especially with things like victories over our closest rivals, O-line recruiting, bowl games etc. The Tennessee loss at home still hurts and was beyond ridiculous. That’s why I didn’t like Gus.

But Mikey, I must say you were/are correct, we never should’ve fired Gus, if Harsin was the replacement. Especially when one considers, Gus was the third or fourth best coach, in the toughest conference in all of college football, the SEC! To include three victories over Lil Nicky in eight years.

Mikey, I now believe the Freeze era will be much better than the Harsin and Gus era. Just my opinion but we should’ve hired Freeze two years ago.

Kindness regards, Bigbird.

OK, it has been put in writing, so let’s all move on!

• Like 1

i applaud your peacemaking efforts but talking for other people often does not go over well. hope you are well 24.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Dye...

1. Tubs 

2. Chiz 

3. Gus 

4. Harsin 

...Hugh

Tuberville and Gus were both keepers. You omitted Bowden and his 47-17-1 record because? Your list doesn't make any sense. Even Chizik won a national championship. Auburn has been very, very lucky in hires since Coach Jordan retired. Three of the four you listed and Bowden were all successful here. Only your boy Harsin was a total failure. Is our luck going to hold or has it run out?

In the unlikely chance that you want to understand what I wrote, check out Florida since Meyer, Texas A&M since Slocum, Bammer between Stallings and Saban, FSU since Bowden, the list goes on. Odds are very much against hiring a successful coach on the first few tries.

If Freeze is successful and beats the odds here, we'll be lucky once again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Tuberville and Gus were both keepers. You omitted Bowden and his 47-17-1 record because? Your list doesn't make any sense. Even Chizik won a national championship. Auburn has been very, very lucky in hires since Coach Jordan retired. Three of the four you listed and Bowden were all successful here. Only your boy Harsin was a total failure. Is our luck going to hold or has it run out?

In the unlikely chance that you want to understand what I wrote, check out Florida since Meyer, Texas A&M since Slocum, Bammer between Stallings and Saban, FSU since Bowden, the list goes on. Odds are very much against hiring a successful coach on the first few tries.

If Freeze is successful and beats the odds here, we'll be lucky once again.

You're right, I did forget Bowden. My apologies.  However if you think Bowden was a successful coach then that's where you're wrong.  A successful coach doesn't flame out like he did and never return.

Bowden was a good coach that couldn't recruit and the personal issues

Tubs was an avg coach that developed great players and never evolved 

Chiz was a below avg coach that had Cam, a huge ego, and an innovative offense

Gus was an avg coach that had Marshall and couldn't evolve or strategically recruit or develop players

Harsin was a bad coach that refused to recruit or adjust. 

Explain their greatness again?

Also, besides me being the one that said it, how do those 5 failed coaches not fit your criteria of going through ~4.5 coaches before landing on a home run?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Your right, I did forget Bowden.

you should have said overlook since he was so short.............lol. i loved terry until the end.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Your right, I did forget Bowden.

Gus was an avg coach that had Marshall and couldn't evolve or strategically recruit or develop players

Also, besides me being the one that said it, how do those 5 failed coaches not fit your criteria of going through ~4.5 coaches before landing on tla home run?

This evaluation of each coach is exactly how I feel. And in my opinion, is spot on. We haven't had an upper level coach since Dye. Again, in my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, AUnCullman said:

This evaluation of each coach is exactly how I feel. And in my opinion, is spot on. We haven't had an upper level coach since Dye. Again, in my opinion. 

Opinions notwithstanding, Bowden, Tuberville and Gus stayed multiple years on the job and had winning records here. Chizik won a national championship. None of these can be called a failed hire. Only Harsin fits that description, or if you want to go back before Dye, then Barfield wasn't successful. Call it luck or skill, we have been much more successful than the typical four or five unsuccessful hires most schools go through before landing a coach who is successful..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Opinions notwithstanding, Bowden, Tuberville and Gus stayed multiple years on the job and had winning records here. Chizik won a national championship. None of these can be called a failed hire. Only Harsin fits that description, or if you want to go back before Dye, then Barfield wasn't successful. Call it luck or skill, we have been much more successful than the typical four or five unsuccessful hires most schools go through before landing a coach who is successful..

I'm not totally disagreeing with you at all. Harsin, definitely a failure. Every coach since Dye won big games at first then the program eroded slowly afterwards and flamed out. Tubs may be the exception to that statement but he never really took AU Football to another level when it seemed like he was right on the edge of getting us there. Enter Saban and the REC and he folded.

I think the true identity of a great coach is a sustained high level of winning games, recruiting well, finding diamonds in the rough so to speak as far as recruits and coaching them up to a point that they end up in the NFL, Win the games you should instead of getting upset, winning your bowl games consistently, winning some games you probably were outmatched but you out schemed them enough or found a weakness to exploit that gave you an upset victory. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AUnCullman said:

I think the true identity of a great coach is a sustained high level of winning games, recruiting well, finding diamonds in the rough so to speak as far as recruits and coaching them up to a point that they end up in the NFL, Win the games you should instead of getting upset, winning your bowl games consistently, winning some games you probably were outmatched but you out schemed them enough or found a weakness to exploit that gave you an upset victory.

This is true, but to paraphrase J.R.R. Tolkien, "Great coaches are scarce in this neighborhood, or else simply not to be found." There is a gap between a great coach and a successful coach. Most schools have a lot of trouble and go through several coaches before they find a successful coach. Bowden, Tuberville, Chizik and Gus were successful coaches. So far, we're ahead of the norm.

Some may question calling Chizik successful, but regardless of the reasons he won AU's only national championship in over 50 years. I'd take that again as I think most AU fans would.

• Like 2

Just to try and bring this thread back to where it belongs. This is the Geriner could start QB thread not analyze every coach Auburn has ever had thread.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

Dye...

1. Tubs 

2. Chiz 

3. Gus 

4. Harsin 

...Hugh

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

You're right, I did forget Bowden. My apologies.  However if you think Bowden was a successful coach then that's where you're wrong.  A successful coach doesn't flame out like he did and never return.

Also, besides me being the one that said it, how do those 5 failed coaches not fit your criteria of going through ~4.5 coaches before landing on a home run?

Is your name BigBird because you're such a silly goose?

:lol: 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, GoCadillacGo said:

Geriner Could Start at QB?

Could he though….

15 hours ago, GoCadillacGo said:

Geriner Could Start at QB?

you think that up all your own?

• Haha 2

9031EB8F-4953-4638-80CB-987C2BDABBDF.jpe

I wonder if these boys have any eligibility left?

18 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

9031EB8F-4953-4638-80CB-987C2BDABBDF.jpe

I wonder if these boys have any eligibility left?

i read somewhere a long time ago ol mr russell was a hello of a running back. i assume high school but have no clue about college.