For those who think Systemic Racism Isn't Real or no longer exists...

CoffeeTiger

I present to you McCurtain county, Oklahoma:

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/news/2023/04/16/oklahoma-sheriff-and-commissioner-accused-of-racism-and-threats/70119918007/

Where the county Sheriff, a police investigator, a county commissioner, and the local jail administrator were caught on audio recording lamenting that being the Sheriff is harder now-a-days because you cant beat up Black people and take them down to the river and lynch them like you used to be able to do. They lamented that Black people have too many rights these days....more than other people they say. They followed that discussion up by talking about a reporter for the local newspaper that they apparent really hate because he's involved in a legal dispute with the county. They had a discussion about how the police investigator would like to beat him up, and then the Sheriff and Commissioner talked about how they could kill and bury the reporter and made mention of a 'killer' they know if Louisiana who could get the job done. 

4 different individuals (some sources are saying another county commissioner was present but did not take part in the discussion)....different areas of government and public service in the county and they all felt comfortable talking and joking about lynching Black people and killing journalists together in a group setting right after a county commission meeting....basically AT work. 

You think Black people in that county get treated fairly and face no racism from the police and government when their leaders are openly talking trash like this? How many more elected officials in the County believe the exact same as these people? How many people in local and state governments nationwide think like this?

Demographically, McCurtain County Oklahoma is 70% white, 9% black and voted 82% for Trump in 2020.

The Republican governor, Kevin Stitt, has called for the resignation of all the individuals involved. The matter has also been given to the FBI for investigation. None of the involved parties have responded to requests for comment.

Not disputing systemic racism but do you think this is a good example?

Edited by creed
  • Facepalm 1

i black kid got shot ringing the wrong doorbell while trying to pick up two little brothers. good guys with a gun my azz. this kind of crap happens way too often.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, creed said:

Not disputing systemic racism but do you think this is a good example?

You think that having racists lead the same county's police department, jail, and be on the county commission doesn't lead to racist policies, practices, and actions in those places? 

You think these people are only racist when they are together in a group chewing the cud and that they leave their racism at the door when they go into work at their public service jobs and make policies for the people they represent and work for,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i black kid got shot ringing the wrong doorbell while trying to pick up two little brothers. good guys with a gun my azz. this kind of crap happens way too often.

This is a horrible situation and the home owner will probably spend the rest of whatever time he has on this earth in jail.  To the this type of thing happens way too often and this being in a topic on systemic racism, are you drawing a connection to white on black crime?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

You think that having racists lead the same county's police department, jail, and be on the county commission doesn't lead to racist policies, practices, and actions in those places? 

You think these people are only racist when they are together in a group chewing the cud and that they leave their racism at the door when they go into work at their public service jobs and make policies for the people they represent and work for,

I think it's a good example of personal racism, but Systematic racism is cloudy. The discussion included systematically what "they" couldn't do anymore to black people. These were racist a-holes but it's not evident this was systematic racism although it very well exists in Oklahoma.

A really good example of systemic racism, in Oklahoma, would be how the Indian tribes are and have been treated. But they don't get the media press deserved at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

23 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This is a horrible situation and the home owner will probably spend the rest of whatever time he has on this earth in jail.  To the this type of thing happens way too often and this being in a topic on systemic racism, are you drawing a connection to white on black crime?

lets try to keep it simple ok? it was racism. and jesus the kid was shot in the head twice and made to keep his hands raised while laying on the gorund as well. i read this kind of thing weekly if not more.i think racism is alive and well in this country. it has even begun rearing it's ugly head in religious communities. it is called facism and i bet my grandfather who fought against it twice is rolling in his grave.

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

lets try to keep it simple ok? it was racism. and jesus the kid was shot in the head twice and made to keep his hands raised while laying on the gorund as well. i read this kind of thing weekly if not more.i think racism is alive and well in this country. it has even begun rearing it's ugly head in religious communities. it is called facism and i bet my grandfather who fought against it twice is rolling in his grave.

So this happens weekly?

White on black homicides are around 8% and black on white are around 17%, but don’t let facts get in your way.

It’s just the media feeding the population a lie to enhance their narrative and, of course, the Biden’s administration.

The Biden administration is trying to tear this country apart and your buying into it.

• Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

So this happens weekly?

White on black homicides are around 8% and black on white are around 17%, but don’t let facts get in your way.

It’s just the media feeding the population a lie to enhance their narrative and, of course, the Biden’s administration.

The Biden administration is trying to tear this country apart and your buying into it.

no dude trump tore this country apart and even had your side storming the capitol and beating cops with the poles the american flag was flying on. also ben is a righty and also was a huge part of brietbart and they have told some whoopers so i hold no value for his opinion. and the fact you want to gloss over what is being done to blacks tells me just about all i want to know. tell you what sugar you separate crime and hate crimes and get back with me since you seem to be fudging or missing the point. we are talking about HATE crimes. and trump the distroyer had how many whilte nationalists on his personal staff? bannon was one and i think the other was miller. but you boys like to ignore facts. hell you guys claimed for years trump was not a racist and got your panties all in a wad on here when i said it.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 5
  • Dislike 1

45 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

they let him off without filing charges but i believe they came back after the uproar and finally arrested him. i would have to look into that more.

good lord you people act like trump was a saint and he is trash. garbage. he tried to split this country up so he could remain in power. you guys take up fro trump with your little pitiful emojies. you guys still will not admit he is racist. you folks think trumps only problem is his mouth but how many people has he hurt over the years? he kost his charity because he stole from it. he was busted for fraud with trump university. he is a liar. he does hurt women and i am sorry 26 plus women are not all lying. you guys look at this through rose covered glasses but it is a bad look. you cannot put lipstick on a pig and call it sexy. POW's used to be a big thing in this country. then the coward known as trump paid a doc to keep him out of serving while he was playing sports. but hey keep giving him a pass. then it became POW's are great as long as trump confirms the names to be honored which turns the whole thing dishonorable.

Edited by aubiefifty
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

Took 10 replies before this thread turned into Trump or Trump's fault. Not sure how it compares to the statistical average. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Took 10 replies before this thread turned into Trump or Trump's fault. Not sure how it compares to the statistical average. 

51 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

10 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

no dude trump tore this country apart and even had your side storming the capitol and beating cops with the poles the american flag was flying on. also ben is a righty and also was a huge part of brietbart and they have told some whoopers so i hold no value for his opinion. and the fact you want to gloss over what is being done to blacks tells me just about all i want to know. tell you what sugar you separate crime and hate crimes and get back with me since you seem to be fudging or missing the point. we are talking about HATE crimes. and trump the distroyer had how many whilte nationalists on his personal staff? bannon was one and i think the other was miller. but you boys like to ignore facts. hell you guys claimed for years trump was not a racist and got your panties all in a wad on here when i said it.

There is so much wrong with this reply.  Shapiro is a conservative, but he quotes US News and WR so these are the facts you are ignoring.  Biden invites the Yarl family to the White House and has hardly said a word about the children that were shot to death by a trans radical.  VP Harris visited Nashville to stand by the Nashville 3, yet did not even mention or visit the victims of that mass shooting.  Biden’s press secretary, Karine Jean-Pierre, said after the shootings that the trans community is under attack.  You don’t think these things go unnoticed.  America is not getting balanced reporting.

It would be nice if the media would be a little more accepting of crime that is perpetrated by different groups.  Some groups are not held to account for their crimes.  Case in point:

https://twitter.com/CWBChicago/status/1647998114542829571?s=20

This clip shows a white woman trying to get into her apartment in Chicago and kids beating her.  I could not imbed the video as twitter would not allow it.  But you have not, nor will not hear any of this on MSM as the perps do not fit the narrative. 

Here is a good one:

Nearly a third of all shoplifting arrests in New York City last year involved just 327 people, the police said. Collectively, they were arrested and rearrested more than 6,000 times, Police Commissioner Keechant Sewell said. Some engage in shoplifting as a trade, while others are driven by addiction or mental illness; the police did not identify the 327 people in the analysis.

The victims are also concentrated: 18 department stores and seven chain pharmacy locations accounted for 20 percent of all complaints, the police said.

https://marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2023/04/new-york-city-fact-of-the-day-5.html

No where does it say the race of the shoplifters, but that’s not the point.  The point is they are being let go to rob again and NOTHING is being done about it.  It is a dangerous situation at the leadership of a Democratic Mayor and DA.

People need to be held accountable, whether white or POC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

The same people always seem to ignore the significance of history, the significance of the historical power structure, in order to defend racism.

Are you trying to defend crime because of history and power structure?  Is that you Lori Lightfoot?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Yes, I blame Biden.  It is totally whataboutism to bring up Trump.  This crap is happening now and Biden has been in power for 30 months.  Does he take any responsibility for his leadership, or lack thereof?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

It is in proportion to how soon fiddy sees the post.

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Are you trying to defend crime because of history and power structure?  Is that you Lori Lightfoot?

You are an habitual liar.  I have in no way defended criminals.  Please become a better person.

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

You are an habitual liar.  I have in no way defended criminals.  Please become a better person.

So why is there so much crime in cities like Chicago and NYC?

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

Neither of those cities are even in the top 10.  Why do you ask about those specifically?

https://worldpopulationreview.com/us-city-rankings/most-dangerous-cities-in-the-us

6 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

https://www.newsweek.com/these-republican-cities-have-higher-crime-rate-new-york-city-1794909#:~:text=Meanwhile%2C the city also recorded,per 100%2C000 residents in 2021.

Meanwhile, the city also recorded 38,645 violent crimes and 64,096 property crimes, according to New York Police Department data.

This equates to roughly 5.76 murders, 456 violent crimes and 757 property crimes per 100,000 residents in 2021 in NYC.

Many GOP-led cities reported a high crime rate than New York during that same year.

Oklahoma City, for instance, reported 11.92 murders, 627 violent crimes and 3,716 property crimes for every 100,000 residents, according to crime data compiled by the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI).

Miami had 10.68 murders, 615 violent crimes and 3,044 property crimes per capita.

Other GOP-led cities with higher murder rates than New York in 2021 include Jacksonville, Florida; Fresno, California; Omaha, Nebraska; Colorado Springs, Colorado and Tulsa, Oklahoma. Fort Worth had a lower rate of murders than New York but experienced other crimes at a higher rate.

Just now, icanthearyou said:

Neither of those cities are even in the top 10.  Why do you ask about those specifically?

https://worldpopulationreview.com/us-city-rankings/most-dangerous-cities-in-the-us

Because of the unruly behavior happening in those cities.  Last weekend a bunch of teenagers ransacked Chicago are the Mayor and Mayor elect downplayed the rioting.  In NYC 327 looters have been arrested approximately 6000 times and are still on the street doing it again.

• Like 1