For those who think Systemic Racism Isn't Real or no longer exists...

CoffeeTiger

11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You can’t even see yourself, how can you know anyone else?

What a nasty thing to say.  All you see is race and that is why you are such a miserable hippie.

That is very odd and, very concerning.  I never typed that comment.

6 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

I quoted that from Fifty’s comments, I don’t know how you were quoted.  You didn’t write it Fifty did.

27 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You can’t even see yourself, how can you know anyone else?

What a nasty thing to say.  All you see is race and that is why you are such a miserable hippie.

YOU said people of color. i hate to break it to you but ALL humans are some color. and all you do on here is bang stuff with the black community. i have yet to see you take up for anything involving blacks ever to be honest. and yes that was nasty and i was making a point. you keep fudging on racism and killing and all that. trying to say blacks do the most killing when we were talking hate crimes and massacres did not go over with me well. i believe it to be true but if not for many of you it is a bad look. hell even the mods admit we have white racists on this board. and they said some do not even realize it. so why are you so fired up to question numbers that do not say it is mostly blacks? you do similar stuff like this all the time. hell ask someone other than me. it gets old. you can accuse me of many things but i have never gone behind you or any righties on this board to try and get you banned. but you can bet the farm on it because several of you did. none of you will admit it tho i would respect you more. remember? i was acting like trump to show you guys how he is if he does not like you or what you might stand for? lord i made many of you mad but i just did the same damn thing trump did for years but that was ok at the time. maybe i am wrong and you just hate to lose an argument but my gut tells me otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

25 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

yes he is talking about me and i just got on him pretty hard. he finally made me mad evading stuff and ignoring the truth. so i told him how i really feel. by the way if you go back and reread his comments he was trying put all the mass shooting and the high number count on blacks.

5 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

YOU said people of color. i hate to break it to you but ALL humans are some color. and all you do on here is bang stuff with the black community. i have yet to see you take up for anything involving blacks ever to be honest. and yes that was nasty and i was making a point. you keep fudging on racism and killing and all that. trying to say blacks do the most killing when we were talking hate crimes and massacres did not go over with me well. i believe it to be true but if not for many of you it is a bad look. hell even the mods admit we have white racists on this board. and they said some do not even realize it. so why are you so fired up to question numbers that do not say it is mostly blacks? you do similar stuff like this all the time. hell ask someone other than me. it gets old. you can accuse me of many things but i have never gone behind you or any righties on this board to try and get you banned. but you can bet the farm on it because several of you did. none of you will admit it tho i would respect you more. remember? i was acting like trump to show you guys how he is if he does not like you or what you might stand for? lord i made many of you mad but i just did the same damn thing trump did for years but that was ok at the time. maybe i am wrong and you just hate to lose an argument but my gut tells me otherwise.

What are you talking about.  Take a few days off please.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

What are you talking about.  Take a few days off please.

YOU take a few days off. how many folks corrected you before i came in and laid it out? the only thing left was race.  you saying you had nothing to do with trying to get me banned? i understand there were several. would you go on record saying you did not try to get me run off? in fact i had two mods tell me the same thing. so would you like to go on record one way or the other?

• Facepalm 1

Just now, aubiefifty said:

YOU take a few days off. how many folks corrected you before i came in and laid it out? the only thing left was race.  you saying you had nothing to do with trying to get me banned? i understand there were several. would you go on record saying you did not try to get me run off? in fact i had two mods tell me the same thing. so would you like to go on record one way or the other?

I have never talked to a mod about your posts or anybody else’s for that matter.  The only thing I reported is what some guy with one post was trying to sell something.

We don’t see eye to eye on many issues, but never have I reported you on any matter.

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I have never talked to a mod about your posts or anybody else’s for that matter.  The only thing I reported is what some guy with one post was trying to sell something.

We don’t see eye to eye on many issues, but never have I reported you on any matter.

i had to sound tuff. ok i am going to make a point to be a lot nicer to you. but lets be real we do not agree on anything i can remember and that is ok.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

i had to sound tuff. ok i am going to make a point to be a lot nicer to you. but lets be real we do not agree on anything i can remember and that is ok.

We agree that Auburn is the greatest school there is.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

We agree that Auburn is the greatest school there is.

if you in fact are not racist then i apologize. sometimes i get fired up. sometimes i just act like i am. i have never been to big to apologize tho many on here will not. they would die first. and yes auburn is one of the big loves of my life.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

if you in fact are not racist then i apologize. sometimes i get fired up. sometimes i just act like i am. i have never been to big to apologize tho many on here will not. they would die first. and yes auburn is one of the big loves of my life.

I’ve been called a racist on this board more than once and it is usually because I believe everyone should be responsible for their own actions and don’t have a lot of sympathy for those that don’t.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

yes he is talking about me and i just got on him pretty hard. he finally made me mad evading stuff and ignoring the truth. so i told him how i really feel. by the way if you go back and reread his comments he was trying put all the mass shooting and the high number count on blacks.

Do not get angry my friend.  It only hurts you. 

It is a challenge though. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

This is probably the best comment/response in this thread and overlooked. 

Doesn't fit the brainwashed narrative. 

• Like 3

On 4/18/2023 at 8:34 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

You think that having racists lead the same county's police department, jail, and be on the county commission doesn't lead to racist policies, practices, and actions in those places? 

You think these people are only racist when they are together in a group chewing the cud and that they leave their racism at the door when they go into work at their public service jobs and make policies for the people they represent and work for,

These people are racist and plenty in other places. Still not a good example of “systematic racism” from my understanding. They are not smart enough to organize systematically.

16 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Fitty, you are from Alabama just like I am.  You know who these folks are.  You know the language they have always used.

Don't expect them to come right out and say/admit their feelings.  And,,, don't get pulled into that other tribal nonsense even if it is about Auburn. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 2

14 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

These people are racist and plenty in other places. Still not a good example of “systematic racism” from my understanding. They are not smart enough to organize systematically.

Maybe but, it certainly speaks to the existence of institutional racism and, feeling a certain level of confidence/acceptance in openly expressing their racism.

There is still a big disparity, a big problem.  I do not understand why you want to play semantics.

On 4/19/2023 at 9:10 PM, SaltyTiger said:

These people are racist and plenty in other places. Still not a good example of “systematic racism” from my understanding. They are not smart enough to organize 

If a given city or county law enforcement organization has a racist culture then it is "systemic" by definition - assuming the LEOs of that city or county are biased or prejudiced by their racist beliefs, which is a reasonable assumption.

The same can be said of any other institutions in a given city or county, such as banks, schools and real estate agencies.  In other words, the attitudes associated with "Jim Crow" didn't suddenly disappear when the practices were legally banned.  

Unfortunately, we have to evolve away from those attitudes, which is a largely a generational process.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Fitty, you are from Alabama just like I am.  You know who these folks are.  You know the language they have always used.

Don't expect them to come right out and say/admit their feelings.  And,,, don't get pulled into that other tribal nonsense even if it is about Auburn. 

I love Auburn too.

But some of the most racist people I have ever known were in my fraternity. (Which I left after two years. This was 1972.)

I seriously doubt they have changed much. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Maybe but, it certainly speaks to the existence of institutional racism and, feeling a certain level of confidence/acceptance in openly expressing their racism.

There is still a big disparity, a big problem.  I do not understand why you want to play semantics.

Yes there is “disparity”. Always has been and it will continue. 

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

First it's "systemic", not systematic.  And it doesn't require organization.

If a given city or county law enforcement organization has a racist culture then it is "systemic" by definition - assuming the LEOs of that city or county are biased or prejudiced by their racist beliefs, which is a reasonable assumption.

The same can be said of any other institutions in a given city or county, such as banks, schools and real estate agencies.  In other words, the attitudes associated with "Jim Crow" didn't suddenly disappear when the practices were legally banned.  

Unfortunately, we have to evolve away from those attitudes, which is a largely a generational process.

I understand now. Thanks for correcting me

look if you guys want to bitch and complain about what i say and think quit being lazy with emojies and tell us how you feel and why. some of you and one of the 78's do that all the time and it comes off as you have nothing to say. this is a discussion board right?

• Like 1

On 4/18/2023 at 11:30 AM, wdefromtx said:

Took 10 replies before this thread turned into Trump or Trump's fault. Not sure how it compares to the statistical average. 

trump is a racist dude so it is relevant. i hate he let you down and is such garbage but the thing is there is tons of proof out there to prove what i said about him being racist. lets not forget that or that you were a trump guy so i know it is hard to find fault with him.

• Dislike 1

son of a tiger please tell me you do not have a degree from auburn......................

• Dislike 1

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

I seriously doubt they have changed much. 

Why do you doubt it? You left them so I assume you did not keep up. Most of us old people that went through the 70’s realize how foolish we were.

• Like 1