2023 4* Texas Tech Transfer SF Jaylon Tyson

toddc

• Like 2

• ellitor changed the title to 2023 4* Texas Tech Transfer SF Jaylon Tyson

Thanks @ellitor for setting this the thread. Wasn’t sure about starting a new one.

10 minutes ago, toddc said:

Thanks @ellitor for setting this the thread. Wasn’t sure about starting a new one.

Yeah. Just wanted to get Corey Williams hired 1st.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yeah. Just wanted to get Corey Williams hired 1st.

He visited Cal and there is some concern, he's got a former teammate there. Our biggest challenge will be KU, IMO.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

He visited Cal and there is some concern, he's got a former teammate there. Our biggest challenge will be KU, IMO.

And  he's not expected to visit til early May which is still over a week away.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

And  he's not expected to visit til early May which is still over a week away.

Yep! Next week or after next week is what, I believe, was said.  I feel good about it, but there's always trepidation 

Any updates on this guy? Or if we are pursuing him as our top target at the 3? I'll be honest, I either want this guy to commit soon or for us to secure Cleveland, but the longer it goes on the more nervous I get we somehow lose both. If I had my pick, I prefer Tyson over Cleveland by a hair.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KansasTiger said:

Any updates on this guy? Or if we are pursuing him as our top target at the 3? I'll be honest, I either want this guy to commit soon or for us to secure Cleveland, but the longer it goes on the more nervous I get we somehow lose both. If I had my pick, I prefer Tyson over Cleveland by a hair.

Look up a few posts. Visiting in early May.

@KansasTiger There's also this from Hoke FWIW...sources continue to indicate there’s interest in seeing who else enters the transfer portal for that three position. Meaning, the focus isn’t completely on Cleveland and Tyson right now. The belief is that Auburn will know in the coming days whether or not their potential target(s) will enter the transfer portal. This situation isn’t expected to linger. If Auburn’s potential target(s) enters the transfer portal, they’ll likely go after said player(s). Otherwise, the attention turns back more heavily on Cleveland and Tyson...I asked specifically if there was worry about this player not entering the portal and missing on the other guys and I was told, "I don't think so, no." I was also told the player they're waiting on is the type of player that "we have to wait" and see. Basically, this player is certainly worth waiting for in the staff's eyes.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@KansasTiger There's also this from Hoke FWIW...sources continue to indicate there’s interest in seeing who else enters the transfer portal for that three position. Meaning, the focus isn’t completely on Cleveland and Tyson right now. The belief is that Auburn will know in the coming days whether or not their potential target(s) will enter the transfer portal. This situation isn’t expected to linger. If Auburn’s potential target(s) enters the transfer portal, they’ll likely go after said player(s). Otherwise, the attention turns back more heavily on Cleveland and Tyson...I asked specifically if there was worry about this player not entering the portal and missing on the other guys and I was told, "I don't think so, no." I was also told the player they're waiting on is the type of player that "we have to wait" and see. Basically, this player is certainly worth waiting for in the staff's eyes.

That is what I was looking for. Thanks, E. This is gonna drive me nuts...

Edited by KansasTiger
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

That is what I was looking for. Thanks, E. This is gonna drive me nuts...

There's more for you in the nest. lol

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Pretty much what I was thinking a few days ago. They probably have a wide scope in terms of general interest of draftees/transfer guys that haven’t yet occurred, but there’s definitely a specific target they’re banking on 

I honestly hope we get the name whether he actually transfers or not. I’m just interested in who they’d have as that lofty a prospect