TJ plans to transfer

PigskinPat

We can be honest about him is hilarious. There's no honesty really, it's mostly speculation and rumors. Honest stuff is going to ran off if it goes against popular opinion.

QB position more than anything is almost like a political race. People will like whoever they like for whatever reason and make the QB fit whatever they want.

If we are being objective once again we haven't had a QB that was a good decision maker or read defenses in a very very long time. We haven't had an accurate thrower, especially deep in a very long time. I've already said we've lacked leadership. 

It's just basically when a guy leaves are people happy he's gone and going to really go in on a guy or are guys happy that he's gone but we're not going to be allowed to talk about a guy.

Bottom line is if a QB is leaving and he still has eligibility he probably wasn't playing too well either way

• Like 2

On 5/4/2023 at 8:12 AM, Tiger Refuge said:

Just wish the young man well and move on. Geeze.

Agreed. He def wasn’t the answer and I believe even Harsin knew that. HF certainly knew it. He seemed far too immature to be a successful QB in the SEC. His feelings constantly got hurt if he wasn’t just given the starting job and he most likely knew there was no way he would beat out a decent transfer. Hope he gets a chance a Texas State. He should perform better there. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

We can be honest about him is hilarious. There's no honesty really, it's mostly speculation and rumors. Honest stuff is going to ran off if it goes against popular opinion.

QB position more than anything is almost like a political race. People will like whoever they like for whatever reason and make the QB fit whatever they want.

If we are being objective once again we haven't had a QB that was a good decision maker or read defenses in a very very long time. We haven't had an accurate thrower, especially deep in a very long time. I've already said we've lacked leadership. 

It's just basically when a guy leaves are people happy he's gone and going to really go in on a guy or are guys happy that he's gone but we're not going to be allowed to talk about a guy.

Bottom line is if a QB is leaving and he still has eligibility he probably wasn't playing too well either way

Good point. TJ, simply put, was not a good QB for this college level. I won’t bash the young man, but I read plenty from people in the know, that obviously know a lot more than me, that he couldn’t read a D alignment quick enough and that is a bad trait for any QB in a power 5 conference, much less the best one. With NIL dominating the college football game now, a lot of these kids better cowboy up to criticism, especially when most are in full rides and now getting paid. 

2 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

Good point. TJ, simply put, was not a good QB for this college level. I won’t bash the young man, but I read plenty from people in the know, that obviously know a lot more than me, that he couldn’t read a D alignment quick enough and that is a bad trait for any QB in a power 5 conference, much less the best one. With NIL dominating the college football game now, a lot of these kids better cowboy up to criticism, especially when most are in full rides and now getting paid. 

No he absolutely wasn't good. To me the most objective thing that told you that was he was even in a battle with Robby as he couldn't throw. 

But at the same time there wasn't any way he was going to succeed here in this situation. I don't know hardly anybody that would. It could have been Bruce young, he wouldn't have been productive here in this situation. 

But once again we haven't had too many QB's that could read defenses. The coaches weren't known for teaching stuff like that. In what the last decade? There aren't any super arms, super winners, super accurate, super smart......none of that. The most we could muster up was he really wants to win and tries hard and that was because "he's one of us" 

We need a guy that's really good. Good because of obvious results and play good, not a fake would be good if this, that, and the other.....and even that is used for a guy that is liked as opposed to not liked. 

I'm rooting for a real leader not just cliche phrases and my gut is telling me Brown. But we will see

16 hours ago, Bobcatz said:

Per my intro post above, I’m hungry for Auburn Fan inside baseball and informed analysis of TJ, since you all offloaded him on us. Would appreciate you elaborating.

A little whiny, but other than that not a bad kid. Just not SEC starting quarterback talent.

15 hours ago, cole256 said:

It could have been Bruce young, he wouldn't have been productive here in this situation. 

Was that the kung fu QB?

TJ was a good gamble coming out of high school. With the right development, you take a chance on him reaching the next level. He had all of the right measurables to take a chance on. Unfortunately for him, he did not get the right development and it seems to most at this point, he wasn't going to come around soon enough, if ever at AU.

I wish him well. At the level he will be at now, he may get enough good coaching and enough playing time to develop into what some hoped he could be.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CCTAU said:

Was that the kung fu QB?

TJ was a good gamble coming out of high school. With the right development, you take a chance on him reaching the next level. He had all of the right measurables to take a chance on. Unfortunately for him, he did not get the right development and it seems to most at this point, he wasn't going to come around soon enough, if ever at AU.

I wish him well. At the level he will be at now, he may get enough good coaching and enough playing time to develop into what some hoped he could be.

Spell check....but I don't think so personally. He has to be pretty far behind to had to battle with any of the QB's last year. If I had to go with a choice I'd say he more than likely sucks. But that's just me. I know I can be pretty hard on QB's

• Haha 1