They’re starting to notice..

Thought this was a good little segment. Josh isn’t the only guy I’ve seen talk like this, post Thorne commitment. Josh Pate can be a bit of an Auburn homer, but he makes some valid points here.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Thought this was a good little segment. Josh isn’t the only guy I’ve seen talk like this, post Thorne commitment. Josh Pate can be a bit of an Auburn homer, but he makes some valid points here.

Wow good stuff 

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Wow good stuff 

I was shocked by the comment about us having the 7th best SEC title odds. I haven’t paid much attention to all that, but that puts us right in the middle of the pack in the SEC, months before Hugh has even coached a game. I would have expected way worse, going off of the media disrespect they got early on.

• Thanks 1

Such is sports, every team's homers can be so critical of every other team but can find all the reaches and hope in the world for their own team....

• Like 2

Jarquez is going to prove them wrong on this one!

• Like 3

On 5/9/2023 at 1:51 PM, AuCivilEng1 said:

Josh has sure seemed like a bammer suck up to me

39 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

Josh has sure seemed like a bammer suck up to me

I mean everyone in the media is a Bama suck up these days. Even Bill Cameron and Dan Peck suck up to Bama constantly. But Josh has always been willing to give Auburn the benefit of the doubt a lot more than some of the other guys in his line of work.

Edited by AuCivilEng1

• Like 1

Ya know, I've been following (and supporting) Auburn football for a very long time. By which I mean, I'm older than most everyone on this board (well, not counting Golf who is the AUF Methuselah) and I've been contributing to my Alma Mater for a very long time.

So nobody can accuse me of being a Negative Nellie.

That said, I've always tried to be objective, not sucked into crazoid fanzoid mania.

CHF has done a terrific job trying to fill holes and create depth and buttress the remnants of the Harsin era. And he's pulled in a number of promising guys as well as some depth dudes.

Is Auburn, therefore, going to be beating on the doors of the SEC West elite? Um, well, I'd LOVE to see it happen, but realistically I just don't see it. YET! Give CHF a couple of years, and there is a chance. But not 2023.

JMO.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

59 minutes ago, AURex said:

Ya know, I've been following (and supporting) Auburn football for a very long time. By which I mean, I'm older than most everyone on this board (well, not counting Golf who is the AUF Methuselah) and I've been contributing to my Alma Mater for a very long time.

So nobody can accuse me of being a Negative Nellie.

That said, I've always tried to be objective, not sucked into crazoid fanzoid mania.

CHF has done a terrific job trying to fill holes and create depth and buttress the remnants of the Harsin era. And he's pulled in a number of promising guys as well as some depth dudes.

Is Auburn, therefore, going to be beating on the doors of the SEC West elite? Um, well, I'd LOVE to see it happen, but realistically I just don't see it. YET! Give CHF a couple of years, and there is a chance. But not 2023.

JMO.

Exactly. But the sec better serve notice. We comin.’

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

The potential for this season to be very successful is certainly a possibility given the favorable schedule and our new players and staff. Big IF here… but IF Freeze and company get this team to gel quickly early in the season then watch out!!! 

We have arrived 

• Love 2

Can’t get here soon enough man!

• Like 1

This is going to be a good year….we’re going to surprise a lot of people! War Eagle!