Bama Injury Update

Guest Tigrinum Major

Guest Tigrinum Major

Bama O Lineman Out 4-6 Weeks

B.J. Stabler (not related to the Snake) is out after having his knee scoped on Wednesday. Looks like the injuries are starting already.

I hate it for the kid, but this has to be a big cause for concern for the Bama coaching staff. Their O line is thin as it is, which true freshman making up about 80% of the second team line.

Looks like their Achilles Heel is getting weaker:

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/huntsvil...6150.xml&coll=1

The rebuilding of Alabama's offensive line is reaching a construction crisis.

Right guard B.J. Stabler underwent arthroscopic surgery Wednesday morning after an MRI performed Tuesday revealed a slight tear of cartilage in his right knee. Stabler, projected as a starter going into spring practice, is expected to be out three or four weeks.

Left guard Antoine Caldwell, who has been one of the few top performers on the line in fall practice, will miss at least a week with a sprained ankle and coach Mike Shula said it could be even longer than that.

The offensive line now has backup center Taylor Britt working with the first-string offense at left guard and right guard Mark Sanders, a new starter who struggled early in camp, more secure in his starting spot.

Sanders had been competing against Stabler, who looked to be making a move past Sanders into the starting lineup. But Stabler's knee flared up Friday just as camp was starting.

And the emphasis now turns to getting true freshmen Marlon Davis at right guard and Evan Cardwell at center ready to step in.

In short, the injuries have turned the line into a shambles

They've also taken hits in the secondary:

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/mobilere...6160.xml&coll=3

A series of minor injuries sapped the numbers from secondary coach Chris Ball's defensive backfield on Wednesday.

Freshman safety Chris Keys came out with a mild concussion midway through practice and walked unsteadily with the help of a trainer to the locker room.

The walking wounded in orange (injury) jerseys also included safety Roman Harper (hamstring) and corners Ramzee Robinson (back), Eric Gray (hamstring), Lionel Mitchell and Travis Robinson.

"We only had four corners the whole practice," Ball said

Of coure, we have our own nagging injury problems, but we also have a little more depth to handle 'em.

I hate to hear of any player getting hurt. I hope and pray he gets well in a hurry.

Brodie had better learn how to get rid of the ball in a hurry It is never a good thing to have that many freshmen attempting to protect a qb...never.

:( The injury situation at Alabama reminds me of the year we had to play 6 centers because they kept having leg injuries. Think this might have been TBs last season. What that tells me is that the coaches are asking the players to do something in the way of blocking assignments that they physically can't do...in our case we kept pulling guards and the center was supposed to execute a cutoff block that seemed to get them off balance and caused them to fall awkwardly.

Got the feeling the same thing is happening in T Town. It will only get worse as they put their "stud" freshmen in against seasoned 5th year defense MEN.

I don't want any of their players getting hurt. And I don't think any of you do either and that was not the intent of the original post. Personally I would love to see Auburn undefeated, Bama come to Jordan Hare 10 - 0and ranked high. Then AUBURN beat them 68 - 0! :big:

could the strength coach have something to do with all the injuries .

174767[/snapback]

I wondered the same thing last year. Are they doing something wrong or is it just random bad luck?

Guest Tigrinum Major
I don't want any of their players getting hurt.  And I don't think any of you do either and that was not the intent of the original post.  Personally I would love to see Auburn undefeated, Bama come to Jordan Hare 10 - 0and ranked high.  Then AUBURN beat them 68 - 0!  :big:

174770[/snapback]

I don't wish injuries on anyone, even Bama players. But I never, ever wish them victories over any other team. Ever. I want Bama to come into the Iron Bowl 0-10 every year.

Don't know about this years injuries so far, but last season's injuries were mainly due to direct contact to a knee. At least Castille and Hudson's were. Bith of them took a shot directly on the knee cap to the leg that was planted to make a cut. Hudson's was actually somebody's helmet dead center of the knee cap. No amount or type of S & C in the world can stop those from occuring.

I had wondered that also, I think with some of the Injuries like pulled hammies (stretching) and the "Now Famous" Pelvic Injury, which to my knowledge have Never heard of until last year when 2 of bammer's players went down with it.........It all boils down to the Strength and Conditioning Coach, remember, Coach hula fired the one that had been there for a long time and brought one in that aparently isn't any good up to this point...............Oh yea, I too want bammer to be 0-100 when we play 'em.......I never pull for them, mainly because I HATE hearing those two words, whenever they do good or win the game, that in my book, are the Nastiest, Dirtiest, Make You Wanna Vomit, words God Ever created.........."rawl t%&$" :blink::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke: ............War "BY GOD" Eage

UA is not the team that needs injuries.

They are the biggest could be type team in the SEC, imo.

With injuries, I could see them losing a lot of games

I had wondered that also, I think with some of the Injuries like pulled hammies (stretching) and the "Now Famous" Pelvic Injury, which to my knowledge have Never heard of until last year when 2 of bammer's players went down with it.........It all boils down to the Strength and Conditioning Coach, remember, Coach hula fired the one that had been there for a long time and brought one in that aparently isn't any good up to this point...............Oh yea, I too want bammer to be 0-100 when we play 'em.......I never pull for them, mainly because I HATE hearing those two words, whenever they do good or win the game, that in my book, are the Nastiest, Dirtiest, Make You Wanna Vomit, words God Ever created.........."rawl t%&$"  :blink:   :puke:   :puke:   :puke:   :puke:   :puke: ............War "BY GOD" Eage

174783[/snapback]

The S&C coach that Shula fired had not been there "a long time". He came with Franchione and chose to stay when he left. The pelvic injury (Sports Hernia) to Darby was the only one of those. The other happened a few years ago to Todd Bates during his frosh year. It is where the muscle pulls away from the bone in the pelvic area. I don't see how that could be S&C related, but I guess it's possible. Now, with all that said, I'm not advocating that our S&C program is the end all be all. I don't know. All I'm saying is your reasoning that it is bad is slightly flawed.

I had wondered that also, I think with some of the Injuries like pulled hammies (stretching) and the "Now Famous" Pelvic Injury, which to my knowledge have Never heard of until last year when 2 of bammer's players went down with it.........It all boils down to the Strength and Conditioning Coach, remember, Coach hula fired the one that had been there for a long time and brought one in that aparently isn't any good up to this point...............Oh yea, I too want bammer to be 0-100 when we play 'em.......I never pull for them, mainly because I HATE hearing those two words, whenever they do good or win the game, that in my book, are the Nastiest, Dirtiest, Make You Wanna Vomit, words God Ever created.........."rawl t%&$"  :blink:   :puke:   :puke:   :puke:   :puke:   :puke: ............War "BY GOD" Eage

174783[/snapback]

The S&C coach that Shula fired had not been there "a long time". He came with Franchione and chose to stay when he left. The pelvic injury (Sports Hernia) to Darby was the only one of those. The other happened a few years ago to Todd Bates during his frosh year. It is where the muscle pulls away from the bone in the pelvic area. I don't see how that could be S&C related, but I guess it's possible. Now, with all that said, I'm not advocating that our S&C program is the end all be all. I don't know. All I'm saying is your reasoning that it is bad is slightly flawed.

174789[/snapback]

The proof would be on the field...right?

Well, it's not as if we haven't had a few bruises, bumps, sore sholders, hamstrings, etc. ourselves, yet I don't think there's a better S&C coach around than Yoxall.

Bama just doesn't have the depth to deal with these, however.

[As far as ever rooting for 'em if they're not playing us? When they have lost enough and been humilated enough that they stop talking about their program as if God Himself ordained it, then and only then will I be ready to allow them a win or two. Of course, I'll also be enjoying a cold brew on the ski slopes of hell before they stop acting like that...]

[As far as ever rooting for 'em if they're not playing us?  When they have lost enough and been humilated enough that they stop talking about their program as if God Himself ordained it, then and only then will I be ready to allow them a win or two.

174798[/snapback]

You act like you didin't know that He did ordain it! :blink::poke::big:

Bama Bo = :ua: => :homer:

:big:

If Bama doesn't get a new strength and conditioning coach, we may never get a chacne to see if Shula is any good at coaching football on the college level.

Archived