Republican “Humor”

40 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Y’all folks who vote Republican help me out with the humor here:

21D4477E-AA0E-4EF2-AB74-FDB88A4702DD.jpeg

Not republican, but the joke is in the quoted text you posted.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2023/05/23/south-carolina-governor-democrats-dogs/

But in a statement Monday, a spokesman for McMaster said the governor had been saying the line at GOP conventions for years, adding that “everyday South Carolinians understand that it’s a joke.”

In 2018, McMaster referred to Democrats as “dogs” before a crowd of 1,250 people at a Faith and Freedom BBQ event hosted by a Republican congressman, the State reported. When McMaster said the comment on Saturday, he was “repeating one of his favorite GOP lines,” Bustos tweeted.

Weird......

Really?   It would be a rare thing to have to hunt something with a dog to find it.  At that point the Dems would be hiding from sight and the dog could root them out from their hiding place by their smell.  Have you ever owned a hunting dog?

9 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Really?   It would be a rare thing to have to hunt something with a dog to find it.  At that point the Dems would be hiding from sight and the dog could root them out from their hiding place by their smell.  Have you ever owned a hunting dog?

They don't care....just jump on the quote and run with it. lol 

10 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Just now, autigeremt said:

They don't care....just jump on the quote and run with it. lol 

Guys...we understand what the "joke" supposedly means...it's just weird and not funny. Also understandable how Black Democrats would feel considering white slaveowners would use dogs to try and hunt down their escapes slaves. 

Like if someone said 

"I look forward to the day Christians are so rare that we have to hunt them with dogs" 

Yeah...what a hilarious joke. 

• Haha 2

Just now, CoffeeTiger said:

Guys...we understand what the "joke" supposedly means...it's just weird and not funny. Also understandable how Black Democrats would feel considering white slaveowners would use dogs to try and hunt down their escapes slaves. 

Like if someone said 

"I look forward to the day Christians are so rare that we have to hunt them with dogs" 

Wardens used dogs to track white escapees.....maybe we need to throw that to the side and see it for what it is? 

No.....it's racist. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Like if someone said 

Well, the OP asked for help understanding the humor.   I took it at face value even though he plays dumb sometimes.  But leave it to you to bring in the racial aspect of the whole thing.

It's also an ironic "joke" considering how it's actually Republicans who are decreasing in numbers and becoming the minority voting block in more and more areas. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

It's also an ironic "joke" considering how it's actually Republicans who are decreasing in numbers and becoming the minority voting block in more and more areas. 

Is that in percentage of the whole considering we are letting in thousands of potential voters at our southern border daily?  :poke:

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Like if someone said 

lol ..... lmao even.

hunting dogs are racist ya'll.

2 hours ago, Mims44 said:

Not republican, but the joke is in the quoted text you posted.

Yeah. I know. I asked where the humor was.

Democrats are the enemy.  They hate America.  Their woke agenda is destroying America.  They should be hunted down and slaughtered.  MAGA.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mims44 said:

lol ..... lmao even.

hunting dogs are racist ya'll.

no, but a geriatric southern governor who says he can’t wait to be able to hunt down his political opposition (who are majority black in South Carolina) with dogs does have some negative connotations. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Is that in percentage of the whole considering we are letting in thousands of potential voters at our southern border daily?  :poke:

You’d be surprised. A lot of illegal immigrants coming across the border are uneducated, socially conservative and deeply religious. 

Thats the Republicans bread and butter base. And like American Conservatives, would be more than willing to vote against their own best interest if they can be convinced their God wants them to. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Yeah. I know. I asked where the humor was.

So, asking a rhetorical question then?

The text you quoted was the joke. That's where the humor would be found.

Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to the other side.

^That isn't funny either, but I'm not gonna seriously ask people where the humor is for it. 

You're allowed to find it unfunny. He's not a comedian, just another evil politician who knows running on the basis of hate and division is currently a winning strategy.

And also, ya know; Jokes about...uuhhhmm... hunting fellow Americans for sport aren't for everyone.

• Facepalm 1

no, but a geriatric southern governor who says he can’t wait to be able to hunt down his political opposition (who are majority black in South Carolina) with dogs does have some negative connotations. 

You are taking some leaps.

And now since I'm sure someone who owned someone else at some point in history likely also leaped ... at some point.

It makes the topic of leaping a ... thorny issue.

:lol: 

You’d be surprised. A lot of illegal immigrants coming across the border are uneducated, socially conservative and deeply religious. 

Thats the Republicans bread and butter base. And like American Conservatives, would be more than willing to vote against their own best interest if they can be convinced their God wants them to. 

Some how I think Biden and the Democrats are first on their mind.

In March 2021, images started to circulate on social media that supposedly showed a group of people near the Mexico-United States border wearing shirts that read: "Biden Please Let Us In."

biden-shirts.jpg

These are all genuine photographs of people wearing "Biden Please Let Us In" shirts near the border of the United States and Mexico.