Bama FR QB Jimmy Johns moved to RB

DKW 86

Guest Tigrinum Major

Some of the Bama boards are lauding this as a great move - "Halfback back from Johns to Prothro" and think it is the best thing since sliced bread. Because as you know, if If Brodie get hurt, Gallion is still in the wings and he has really improved, and John Parker Wilson has changed his name to John Jay Joe Freddie Stedman Kenny Bart Parker Willie Snake Starr Sheely Stabler Barker Kitchen Namath Wilson, so you just know he is going to be good.

Kind of feel bad for the kid....everyone recruited him as a LB, but he commited to Bama because they promised him he could play QB....but as usual whatever you want to hear to get you to sign and promising 26 other recruits they had a spot for you :no: ...

Johns was given a shot at QB, which is exactly what he was promissed. Johns saw that he was going to be redshirted, and he didn't want to be redshirted. He wants to play now. So he asked the coaches to move him. He originally asked to be worked on special teams, and the coaches asked him if he would try TB.

No one was lied to.

Guest Tigrinum Major
Johns was given a shot at QB, which is exactly what he was promissed. Johns saw that he was going to be redshirted, and he didn't want to be redshirted. He wants to play now. So he asked the coaches to move him. He originally asked to be worked on special teams, and the coaches asked him if he would try TB.

No one was lied to.

174944[/snapback]

Will this make a difference with the recruiting battle for Alexander and Tebow?

As much as JJ and Barnes, along with JPW, are being lauded, will the hotshots go elsewhere to get playing time?

As much as you guys like to laud your recruiting classes, Bo, there doesn't seem to be much brain power going into the need category. How can you sign 6 QBs within a two year period (I count the grayshirt for Wilson in that total, along with the "expected" signings of two out of the group Tebow, Smelley or Alexander) and expect them to get playing time at just the QB position? There is only so much creative scholarship stuff that can be done.

Someone needs to look at the depth chart down in T Town and figure out that you gusy need O linemen more than QBs.

Some of the Bama boards are lauding this as a great move - "Halfback back from Johns to Prothro" and think it is the best thing since sliced bread.  Because as you know, if If Brodie get hurt, Gallion is still in the wings and he has really improved, and John Parker Wilson has changed his name to John Jay Joe Freddie Stedman Kenny Bart Parker Willie Snake Starr Sheely Stabler Barker Kitchen Namath Wilson, so you just know he is going to be good.

174931[/snapback]

well that was one of the funniest things i've read in a while.. it's been a long looong week work... wow that was great

TM,

I'm not sure how much or if this will effect Tebow's or anyone elses descision. As far as the number of QB's being recruited is concerned, I doubt very seriously if they try hard to get more than 1 of those three mentioned. Unless the other is Alexander, who most believe will play WR in college. And I do agree that OL is something they need to concentrate on and I believe they are.

This may have been mentioned, but Nease High School who Tebow is the QB for plays Hoover High School Saturday August 27th at Hoover High School. Kick off around noon. ESPN is to televise.

Who knows WHAT is goin' on at the smaller "school" in west al.?

Heck, they hired flipper to "coach". :no:

Some of the Bama boards are lauding this as a great move - "Halfback back from Johns to Prothro" and think it is the best thing since sliced bread.  Because as you know, if If Brodie get hurt, Gallion is still in the wings and he has really improved, and John Parker Wilson has changed his name to John Jay Joe Freddie Stedman Kenny Bart Parker Willie Snake Starr Sheely Stabler Barker Kitchen Namath Wilson, so you just know he is going to be good.

174931[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

Archived