Perhaps the strongest case for reparations I’ve seen

It’s definable— a tangible thing was taken from identifiable individuals. If a clear governmental wrong was carried out against targeted individuals, why not reimburse their descendants?

https://dnyuz.com/2023/06/08/a-new-front-in-reparations-seeking-the-return-of-lost-family-land/

Perpetual victims. 
I guess you never heard of Urban Renewal “ in the 1950’s 1960’s?

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, PUB78 said:

Perpetual victims. 
I guess you never heard of Urban Renewal “ in the 1950’s 1960’s?

I’m not sure you read the article. If so, you didn’t think much or well.

There are also millions of dirt poor white people that had their property taken by eminent domain.  When the government takes property, they pay the current owner for that property.  Therefore, when building public projects, property worth less is more likely to be targeted than more costly property.  Another factor is that poor people, regardless of their skin color, are less politically connected and financially capable of fighting any sort of government seizure.  Just my opinion, but in order to make real progress, we have to stop looking for reasons for people to feel victimized.  Life is inherently unfair.  We should all strive to treat people with respect and take into account the struggles that some have endured that others were more spared.  However, telling people that they owe others for something they had no part of is just not a sensible way to move forward.

• Dislike 1

29 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

There are also millions of dirt poor white people that had their property taken by eminent domain.  When the government takes property, they pay the current owner for that property.  Therefore, when building public projects, property worth less is more likely to be targeted than more costly property.  Another factor is that poor people, regardless of their skin color, are less politically connected and financially capable of fighting any sort of government seizure.  Just my opinion, but in order to make real progress, we have to stop looking for reasons for people to feel victimized.  Life is inherently unfair.  We should all strive to treat people with respect and take into account the struggles that some have endured that others were more spared.  However, telling people that they owe others for something they had no part of is just not a sensible way to move forward.

I don’t disagree. A critical question will be whether race was a factor in the price paid.

10 hours ago, AU9377 said:

No.  These are totally different issues.

One issue is about the capital that built this country being attained by destroying the lives of 4 million slaves.  Then, subjecting the "free" people to segregation, economic/political subjugation, terrorism.

The other, relates to a society in which capital can capture and utilize government for the benefit of capital and, to the detriment of all of those without power.

Are they related?  Yes, they both show the nature of power.  Are they the same?  Not at all.