Finally It's Biden's Time

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

The problem with that is that you are assuming that Biden himself is directly involved with the decisions of the Special Prosecutor.  That simply isn't how it works.  The AG didn't even authorize the Mar a Lago raid.  A Federal judge did that when evidence was presented showing that Trump had obstructed the government from obtaining documents that he had no right to possess.

You think the FBI raided Mar a Lago without Garland and Biden giving the green light??   Really?

JOHN KENNEDY: I think the FBI is the premier law enforcement agency in all of human history, and I'm not going to vote to abolish them or defund them. But you don't have to be Euclid to know that over the past five years, there have been people at the FBI and at the Justice Department who have acted on their political beliefs. The FBI Director Comey investigated President Trump on evidence that the Hillary Clinton campaign gave to him. It was inevitable in light of President Trump's prosecution that the issue of selective prosecution was going to be raised. What about Secretary Clinton's e-mails, for example? Now Senator Grassley, who has a great deal of credibility, has received a document from a whistleblower inside the FBI based on a trusted informant that says President Biden has been bribed and that the people that bribed him have tapes. Now, I don't know if all of that is true or not, but we're entitled to see that document. First, the FBI said, well, we can't even tell you that it exists. And then they said, you can see it, but it has to be redacted. They won't tell us whether they've even investigated the allegations. The only people who can fix this are the head of the FBI and the attorney general. So the American people understandably have doubts and only Chris Wray and the attorney general can address those doubts. And you can't find either one of them with a search party ,and they just won't answer.

I believe there's a perception out there among the American people, there's certainly a perception of that on Congress, and only the attorney general can address that. And Dog the Bounty Hunter couldn't find the attorney general right now. He refuses to talk about it. So does the FBI director. These are all fair questions. They're not going away. For the integrity of the FBI as an institution and the Department of Justice, the two heads need to look the American people in the eye in front of God and country and tell them the truth. And until that happens, this isn't going away.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/sen-kennedy-hits-fbi-doj-silence-biden-bribery-allegations-dog-bounty-hunter-couldnt-find-them

Interesting perspective from a Democrat  - granted an opponent of Biden.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, GoAU said:

You think the FBI raided Mar a Lago without Garland and Biden giving the green light??   Really?

Garland was certainly informed that the warrant was being requested.  I am certain that Garland did not get any kind of ok from Biden.  That just isn't how the DOJ operates.  Trump himself never understood that when he was President and he still doesn't get it today.

17 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Garland was certainly informed that the warrant was being requested.  I am certain that Garland did not get any kind of ok from Biden.  That just isn't how the DOJ operates.  Trump himself never understood that when he was President and he still doesn't get it today.

Something this precedent setting, with the implications it has and Biden being the head of the Executive branch, if he didn’t know it would be even worse than if he did.   

7 minutes ago, GoAU said:

Something this precedent setting, with the implications it has and Biden being the head of the Executive branch, if he didn’t know it would be even worse than if he did.   

I'm sure Biden was made aware, but you said there was no way he didn't give the green light. There's a huge difference.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GoAU said:

Even though the DOJ is part of the Executive Branch, there has traditionally been a degree of separation between decision making in the DOJ and the President.  Richard Nixon once demanded the DOJ drop its Watergate probe.  Every U.S. Attorney prepared letters of resignation and announced their intent to resign if the President actually ordered them to act on his behalf.

Trump treated his AG like his personal attorney.  That is why Jeff Sessions didn't last very long.  He demanded that Bill Barr announce election fraud investigations after he lost the election in 2020.  Barr refused and resigned on the spot.  Biden announced when elected that he would appoint an AG that would again have independence from the White House.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Leftfield said:

I'm sure Biden was made aware, but you said there was no way he didn't give the green light. There's a huge difference.

Not really, and I think you know this.  And frankly, assuming that the information about those documents is accurate and they are as damning as they look it wasn't even the wrong decision - just own it.

14 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Even though the DOJ is part of the Executive Branch, there has traditionally been a degree of separation between decision making in the DOJ and the President.  Richard Nixon once demanded the DOJ drop its Watergate probe.  Every U.S. Attorney prepared letters of resignation and announced their intent to resign if the President actually ordered them to act on his behalf.

Trump treated his AG like his personal attorney.  That is why Jeff Sessions didn't last very long.  He demanded that Bill Barr announce election fraud investigations after he lost the election in 2020.  Barr refused and resigned on the spot.  Biden announced when elected that he would appoint an AG that would again have independence from the White House.

And Holder was very much Obama's AG and Garland is purely doing Biden's bidding.  But, constantly saying "look what Trump did" when we are talking about Biden is just deflection, no?

9 minutes ago, GoAU said:

Not really, and I think you know this.  And frankly, assuming that the information about those documents is accurate and they are as damning as they look it wasn't even the wrong decision - just own it.

No, I don't "know this." Informing a President that a high-profile raid is about to occur is rather prudent because he might be asked about it, and would look rather foolish if the media knew before he did. As you yourself said:

15 hours ago, GoAU said:

The President doesn't have to approve just to be informed. 

Perhaps I'm misreading your implication on this. If you're talking about the timing of the raid, then that I could see possibly being influenced. If there is a legitimate reason for moving the raid forward or back a couple of days, that might make sense. It seems to me, though, that you're saying Biden was the one who basically ordered the raid. Am I incorrect?

16 hours ago, GoAU said:

Are you out of your mind???  For something like this?  Garland, Biden?

For such an operation, there is only one man who has that kind of power, that kind of authority.  It definitely came directly from Soros.

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Even though the DOJ is part of the Executive Branch, there has traditionally been a degree of separation between decision making in the DOJ and the President.

One of the reasons Obama chose a Republican to be FBI director.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, GoAU said:

And Holder was very much Obama's AG and Garland is purely doing Biden's bidding.  But, constantly saying "look what Trump did" when we are talking about Biden is just deflection, no?

It doesn't matter who the President was and who they appointed to be AG, what I am saying is that, historically, there has been a degree of independence on the part of the DOJ.  The AG has always been expected to act independently of the office of the President.  There is no law requiring the President to respect the independence of the DOJ.  There aren't laws addressing many things that have become custom in how our government works.  Presidents have historically respected the need for an independent DOJ. 

I can't prove that other Presidents haven't influenced or at least attempted to influence the decisions made by the DOJ.  I can confidently state that most all AGs that have served as head of the DOJ would resign rather than appear to be a puppet of the President they serve under.  At that level, the duty that exists is to the constitution and laws of the United States.  The duty is not to a particular President of party.  You may laugh at that, but that is the way the DOJ has sustained its authority over the course of history.  What we have seen in recent years is the attempt to tear down institutions like the DOJ.  Without these institutions, partisan political actors can operate without consequence.

• Love 1

28 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

One of the reasons Obama chose a Republican to be FBI director.

He also retained a Republican to be Secretary of Defense, but to hear the partisan attacks against him would make someone that doesn't know better think he was some radical leftist.  It is bizarre the level of partisanship that some want to push and to hell with the country.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, GoAU said:

Garland approved it.  Biden was notified.

No one has made this pun yet?

IMG_1495.thumb.webp.6b1067a6fa2058c6c4f3eca7c779f8f0.webp

”My fellow Americans. This is your president speaking; and I’m just…”

IMG_1494.gif.2e366427420f5a093da333912c37247b.gif

“…Biden time.”

IMG_1496.jpeg.f3b8afb068c9c5d311fe5be4ee62edfc.jpeg

• Haha 2