Finally It's Biden's Time

18 hours ago, GoAU said:

Evidence - like the Steele dossier? 

Neither Trump impeachment had anything to do with Russian election interference or, the Steele dossier.

Impeachment 1:  Extorting a political favor from a foreign leader as a condition of appropriated aid.

Impeachment 2:  Inciting an insurrection with the false claim of stolen election.

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

In case you forgot, there was no impeachment based on the Steele dossier.

There was an impeachment over a President abusing the power of his office when he attempted to bribe Ukraine into opening an investigation into Joe Biden in exchange for the release of military aid and a White House visit.

Yes, I recall there wasn’t an impeachment over it, just 2 years of very public investigation - more so than we’ve had on any of the Biden allegations.   And the quid pro quo impeachment is interesting and relevant precedent given what the FBI document alleges

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

Neither Trump impeachment had anything to do with Russian election interference or, the Steele dossier.

Impeachment 1:  Extorting a political favor from a foreign leader as a condition of appropriated aid.

Impeachment 2:  Inciting an insurrection with the false claim of stolen election.

True - but a lot more media and public scrutiny and investigation than what Biden has seen, with a lot less real evidence.  

• Dislike 1

Just now, GoAU said:

True - but a lot more media and public scrutiny and investigation than what Biden has seen, with a lot less real evidence.  

No.  We have not seen evidence.  There is quite a bit of innuendo. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

This will never pass in the Senate but like the Dems impeaching Trump it's going to get a lot of media attention front and center. Things could get interesting. I would love to see some GOP Reps. walking articles to the Senate like Dems. Schiff, Swalwell, etc. did.

GOP Rep. Ogles introduces impeachment articles against Biden, Harris | Fox News

Please do.

20 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

You know what. Get excited. It’ll be funnier when you’re disappointed. 

I not getting my hopes up that the Biden crime family will be brought to justice with such a corrupt FBI and DOJ.

Their punishment will be in the world to come.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

44 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

No.  We have not seen evidence.  There is quite a bit of innuendo. 

Completely agree - I think some transparency would help put some of this to bed before it continues to rip our nation apart.  Hope some more (one way or another) comes to light.  

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

I not getting my hopes up that the Biden crime family will be brought to justice with such a corrupt FBI and DOJ.

This Biden crime family?  Is that what Lord Hannity is calling them these days? 

The FBI collects information and isn't in the habit of releasing every accusation that they get concerning someone.    They vet the information and then decide whether it is credible and whether it can be proven.  If there are recordings of Joe Biden offering something by way of influence in exchange for him or his family member getting paid something, I will be the first to demand that he resign.

Ofcourse, when the allegation was proven that Trump had used the U.S. Treasury and offered high profile visits to the White House in exchange for Ukraine opening an investigation into Joe Biden, you all were offended that Trump appointed NSA enlisted professionals had a problem with it at all.  How the HYPOCRISY thrives on the far right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

This Biden crime family?  Is that what Lord Hannity is calling them these days? 

The FBI collects information and isn't in the habit of releasing every accusation that they get concerning someone.    They vet the information and then decide whether it is credible and whether it can be proven.  If there are recordings of Joe Biden offering something by way of influence in exchange for him or his family member getting paid something, I will be the first to demand that he resign.

Ofcourse, when the allegation was proven that Trump had used the U.S. Treasury and offered high profile visits to the White House in exchange for Ukraine opening an investigation into Joe Biden, you all were offended that Trump appointed NSA enlisted professionals had a problem with it at all.  How the HYPOCRISY thrives on the far right.

I think there is plenty to go around in both parties. However, the Biden’s didn’t get filthy rich off their public service jobs.

18 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

I think there is plenty to go around in both parties. However, the Biden’s didn’t get filthy rich off their public service jobs.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michelatindera/2020/10/22/how-the-bidens-earned-167-million-after-leaving-the-white-house/?sh=6363a05c1e42

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PUB78 said:

His net worth was $2 million prior to him being VP.  His net worth increased dramatically during the years between being VP under Obama and when he became President.  He and his wife earned approx $18.5 million during that 4 years, primarily by way of two large book deals and public speaking.  How much do you think most Senators' net worth is today?  It isn't difficult for someone like Tuberville to have a net worth of well over $2 million.

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

Those pesky things called facts.....

I’m sure if he was peddling influence to the Ukraine and China as the allegations and witness reports suggest he’d claim them all on taxes, right?   

Or maybe those same allegations also state that they were paid through fences and schemes to mask the income?   After all, people that are involved in criminal schemes always report true income to the IRS.  

And Hunter was fully qualified for the board position he had at Burisma.  Most people think a position like that would require extensive industry in the energy sector and the ability to speak the native language.  Who would have thought a shady past, questionable character and decisions and a past drug addiction are all that they were looking for….  SMH.  

It's getting interesting. From Breitbart:

Republican lawmakers are demanding transparency from President Joe Biden regarding his 2017 tax returns in which his entity, “CelticCapri Corp,” listed nearly $10 million without specifying revenue line items, raising concerns about who paid the entity and for what in the wake of Joe Biden’s alleged link to a $5 million Ukrainian “bribery” scheme.

Before the 2020 election, USA Today published a “fact check” article that tried to support the claims that the Bidens earned “$15.6 million … from speaking fees and book deals” from 2017 to 2019, and that “more than $10 million of that total income was profits from Biden’s memoir ‘Promise Me, Dad’ and $3 million in profits from Jill Biden’s book.”

But a closer look at Joe Biden’s 2017 tax returns raises eyebrows. “Follow the source link provided to that $10 million number, though, and you’ll end up at Joe Biden’s campaign website with financial disclosure links to only their individual returns — no S-corporation tax returns,” the Federalist critiqued USA Today. “So, in reality, readers were left with a smokescreen.”

The so-called “smokescreen” raised alarm for Republican lawmakers, causing them to demand transparency about the nearly $10 million sum from the passthrough entity.

Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI), a co-author of the 2020 Senate report on the Bidens, told Breitbart News Joe Biden should openly disclose the source of the revenue. “Biden should disclose and every member of the press ought to hound him until he does,” he said. Rep. Nancy Mace (R-SC) told Breitbart News Joe Biden should produce unredacted bank records to provide transparency. “The President seems to find selling out our country funny. We don’t,” she said. “If he’s serious about proving our allegations wrong he should release his and his family’s unredacted bank records and show the American people where all this money is coming from. The FBI can’t protect him forever.”

.”

Edited by Cardin Drake

15 hours ago, GoAU said:

I’m sure if he was peddling influence to the Ukraine and China as the allegations and witness reports suggest he’d claim them all on taxes, right?   

Or maybe those same allegations also state that they were paid through fences and schemes to mask the income?   After all, people that are involved in criminal schemes always report true income to the IRS.  

And Hunter was fully qualified for the board position he had at Burisma.  Most people think a position like that would require extensive industry in the energy sector and the ability to speak the native language.  Who would have thought a shady past, questionable character and decisions and a past drug addiction are all that they were looking for….  SMH.  

"Allegations and witness reports"............. except nobody has provided anything other than vague allegations about what might or might not be contained in an unverified allegation/statement given to someone, although we don't know whom.

As to Hunter making money from Bursima.... Of course he was making money off who his father was.  Is it distasteful?  Sure.  Is is illegal?  Not even remotely.  Board positions are given to people in the U.S. at U.S. corporations with absolutely no experience in whatever the company's business is all the time.

My understanding of the allegations this week are that Bursima wanted Biden to put pressure on Ukraine to get rid of the prosecutor that had been investigating the gas company.  The problem with that is simple.  Why do you need to bribe someone to do exactly what they were already doing?  The U.S. Senate's bi-partisan committee on Ukraine had already issued a statement demanding that the prosecutor be removed.   The EU and the British Parliament had also demanded he be removed.  SENATE REPUBLICANS opened a probe into this in 2020 and concluded that U.S. policy was altered as a result of Hunter being on the board at Bursima.

I have a feeling that things like this and the Mickey Mouse type House Republicans with their pathetic outlandish accusations will get more and more attention from right wing talking heads in order to create more smoke.  After all, if you paint everyone as being equally corrupt, then Trump looks more angelic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

Republican lawmakers are demanding transparency from President Joe Biden regarding his 2017 tax returns in which his entity, “CelticCapri Corp,” listed nearly $10 million without specifying revenue line items, raising concerns about who paid the entity and for what in the wake of Joe Biden’s alleged link to a $5 million Ukrainian “bribery” scheme.

Before the 2020 election, USA Today published a “fact check” article that tried to support the claims that the Bidens earned “$15.6 million … from speaking fees and book deals” from 2017 to 2019, and that “more than $10 million of that total income was profits from Biden’s memoir ‘Promise Me, Dad’ and $3 million in profits from Jill Biden’s book.”

But a closer look at Joe Biden’s 2017 tax returns raises eyebrows. “Follow the source link provided to that $10 million number, though, and you’ll end up at Joe Biden’s campaign website with financial disclosure links to only their individual returns — no S-corporation tax returns,” the Federalist critiqued USA Today. “So, in reality, readers were left with a smokescreen.”

The so-called “smokescreen” raised alarm for Republican lawmakers, causing them to demand transparency about the nearly $10 million sum from the passthrough entity.

Sen. Ron Johnson (R-WI), a co-author of the 2020 Senate report on the Bidens, told Breitbart News Joe Biden should openly disclose the source of the revenue. “Biden should disclose and every member of the press ought to hound him until he does,” he said. Rep. Nancy Mace (R-SC) told Breitbart News Joe Biden should produce unredacted bank records to provide transparency. “The President seems to find selling out our country funny. We don’t,” she said. “If he’s serious about proving our allegations wrong he should release his and his family’s unredacted bank records and show the American people where all this money is coming from. The FBI can’t protect him forever.”

.”

So Biden should produce his bank records line by line, but Trump shouldn't even have to produce his tax returns?  That is laughable and if you can't see the blatant hypocrisy in all that, then you simply don't want to....

• Like 1

On 6/13/2023 at 3:01 PM, PUB78 said:

"Biden crime family"....."corrupt FBI and DOJ"  :laugh::laugh:

You are so gullible. :no:

Edited by homersapien

On 6/13/2023 at 3:09 PM, GoAU said:

Completely agree - I think some transparency would help put some of this to bed before it continues to rip our nation apart.  Hope some more (one way or another) comes to light.  

The problem is that releasing unverified information would just make things worse. 

Keep in mind this is all coming from an FD 1032.  My understanding is basically anyone can file one of these forms and submit it to the FBI. 

Releasing more of the information on the form itself ("transparency") serves no useful purpose if that information is bogus.  Now that would fit right in with Steve Bannon's political strategy of "flooding the zone with s***", but it's not in the best interest of the country.

It's easy to see the motivation by our enemies to keep our politics in a turmoil - not that it requires such an effort -  but the FD 1032 mechanism provides them the perfect tool to do so.

Edited by homersapien

49 minutes ago, homersapien said:

The problem is that releasing unverified information would just make things worse. 

Keep in mind this is all coming from an FD 1032.  My understanding is basically anyone can file one of these forms and submit it to the FBI. 

Releasing more of the information on the form itself ("transparency") serves no useful purpose if that information is bogus.  Now that would fit right in with Steve Bannon's political strategy of "flooding the zone with s***", but it's not in the best interest of the country.

It's easy to see the motivation by our enemies to keep our politics in a turmoil - not that it requires such an effort -  but the FD 1032 mechanism provides them the perfect tool to do so.

I agree with the big inning part of your post - just letting unverified accusations fly is not right and I don’t support it.  However, accusations like this need to be approached with a high sense of urgency, and not only do we not see that happening, we are seeing a lot of stonewalling.  Heck, the FBI took over a year to even admit Hunters laptop was even his and not “Russian misinformation”.  

As to the 1032, I also agree that anyone could file one from my understanding.   However, I think it is also common knowledge that this one was filed by a known entity that had access and was vetted to be “Extremely Reliable” by the FBI, right?  

5 hours ago, AU9377 said:

"Allegations and witness reports"............. except nobody has provided anything other than vague allegations about what might or might not be contained in an unverified allegation/statement given to someone, although we don't know whom.

As to Hunter making money from Bursima.... Of course he was making money off who his father was.  Is it distasteful?  Sure.  Is is illegal?  Not even remotely.  Board positions are given to people in the U.S. at U.S. corporations with absolutely no experience in whatever the company's business is all the time.

My understanding of the allegations this week are that Bursima wanted Biden to put pressure on Ukraine to get rid of the prosecutor that had been investigating the gas company.  The problem with that is simple.  Why do you need to bribe someone to do exactly what they were already doing?  The U.S. Senate's bi-partisan committee on Ukraine had already issued a statement demanding that the prosecutor be removed.   The EU and the British Parliament had also demanded he be removed.  SENATE REPUBLICANS opened a probe into this in 2020 and concluded that U.S. policy was altered as a result of Hunter being on the board at Bursima.

I have a feeling that things like this and the Mickey Mouse type House Republicans with their pathetic outlandish accusations will get more and more attention from right wing talking heads in order to create more smoke.  After all, if you paint everyone as being equally corrupt, then Trump looks more angelic.

Sorry, but you are in pure partisan denial if you think  there’s nothing wrong with Hunter being on a board of a company being investigated by the Ukrainian government and his dad pressuring for the prosecutor to be fired.   This is so much more substantive than the “quid pro quo” drama that Trump had, with a lot less coverage.   The magnitude is MUCH worse, as Trump or his family had no personal gain in that situation.   

As to your first paragraph, you are correct that much of the information is vague at this point - so is it safe to assume you want the FBI to speed up its investigation and / or stop obstructing and get an independent investigator/ prosecutor?  

2 hours ago, GoAU said:

Sorry, but you are in pure partisan denial if you think  there’s nothing wrong with Hunter being on a board of a company being investigated by the Ukrainian government and his dad pressuring for the prosecutor to be fired.   This is so much more substantive than the “quid pro quo” drama that Trump had, with a lot less coverage.   The magnitude is MUCH worse, as Trump or his family had no personal gain in that situation.   

As to your first paragraph, you are correct that much of the information is vague at this point - so is it safe to assume you want the FBI to speed up its investigation and / or stop obstructing and get an independent investigator/ prosecutor?  

I said it wasn't in good taste.  I clearly don't think he should have taken the position.  That doesn't mean that it was illegal for him to do so.  You keep bypassing the fact that the entire Western world was demanding that the prosecutor be removed because he was seen as being corrupt.  Was the Senate also doing Hunter's bidding at the time?  Was the U.K. Prime Minister doing Hunter's bidding when he demanded that the prosecutor be removed?  You have to do more than point to the son of the then Vice President being on a Board of Directors of a foreign company to find wrongdoing on the part of the VP himself.  I have no doubt that Bursima offered him that position in an attempt to gain as much favor as possible with the VP and U.S. govt in general.  This is the same practice we see in the U.S. when a member of Congress retires and is immediately given a highly paid position with a military contractor etc.  The stench is the same.  The stench alone isn't enough to make it an illegal activity.

You seem to have no problem with a sitting President insisting a foreign country open an investigation of his political rival and putting pressure on that government to do so by using the power of his elected office.  Who is in partisan denial about that?  We know it happened.  There is congressional testimony, which includes the ambassador to the EU, who testified that it was his understanding that upon announcing the investigation, congressionally approved aid would be released and a high level White House visit would follow.  We even have a recording of the President insisting that be done.  Do you honestly think that Trump wanted that done because he was so bothered by the ethics of Hunter being on the board.  Seriously?  He wanted that done to benefit him politically.  He wanted to knock out the person he perceived to be the greatest threat to his re-election.

10 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

.”

This playbook sure does sound an awful lot like all of the Clinton Foundation BS that we heard for so long.  Of course, as always, there was no there there when it was all said and done.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I said it wasn't in good taste.  I clearly don't think he should have taken the position.  That doesn't mean that it was illegal for him to do so.  You keep bypassing the fact that the entire Western world was demanding that the prosecutor be removed because he was seen as being corrupt.  Was the Senate also doing Hunter's bidding at the time?  Was the U.K. Prime Minister doing Hunter's bidding when he demanded that the prosecutor be removed?  You have to do more than point to the son of the then Vice President being on a Board of Directors of a foreign company to find wrongdoing on the part of the VP himself.  I have no doubt that Bursima offered him that position in an attempt to gain as much favor as possible with the VP and U.S. govt in general.  This is the same practice we see in the U.S. when a member of Congress retires and is immediately given a highly paid position with a military contractor etc.  The stench is the same.  The stench alone isn't enough to make it an illegal activity.

You seem to have no problem with a sitting President insisting a foreign country open an investigation of his political rival and putting pressure on that government to do so by using the power of his elected office.  Who is in partisan denial about that?  We know it happened.  There is congressional testimony, which includes the ambassador to the EU, who testified that it was his understanding that upon announcing the investigation, congressionally approved aid would be released and a high level White House visit would follow.  We even have a recording of the President insisting that be done.  Do you honestly think that Trump wanted that done because he was so bothered by the ethics of Hunter being on the board.  Seriously?  He wanted that done to benefit him politically.  He wanted to knock out the person he perceived to be the greatest threat to his re-election.

There is a difference in him just getting his son a cushy job (which Trump would have been skewered for) and him  (and his family) getting  bribes and payments - you know “10% for the Big Guy”.   There are a lot of dots seeming to come together - but a lot of people doing their best to obscure, interfere and disrupt.   

I could definitely see where it could appear Trump asking the Ukraine to investigate Biden could appear purely a political hit, just like the raid at Mar a Lago looks purely political - unless there is something there, right?  All I’m saying is it’s perfectly plausible for one, or both sides to be wrong. 

2 minutes ago, GoAU said:

There is a difference in him just getting his son a cushy job (which Trump would have been skewered for) and him  (and his family) getting  bribes and payments - you know “10% for the Big Guy”.   There are a lot of dots seeming to come together - but a lot of people doing their best to obscure, interfere and disrupt.   

I could definitely see where it could appear Trump asking the Ukraine to investigate Biden could appear purely a political hit, just like the raid at Mar a Lago looks purely political - unless there is something there, right?  All I’m saying is it’s perfectly plausible for one, or both sides to be wrong. 

The problem with that is that you are assuming that Biden himself is directly involved with the decisions of the Special Prosecutor.  That simply isn't how it works.  The AG didn't even authorize the Mar a Lago raid.  A Federal judge did that when evidence was presented showing that Trump had obstructed the government from obtaining documents that he had no right to possess.

• Thanks 1