Finally It's Biden's Time

This will never pass in the Senate but like the Dems impeaching Trump it's going to get a lot of media attention front and center. Things could get interesting. I would love to see some GOP Reps. walking articles to the Senate like Dems. Schiff, Swalwell, etc. did.

GOP Rep. Ogles introduces impeachment articles against Biden, Harris | Fox News

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lol no it’s not. You have to have some grounds of evidence to impeach a president. This is a publicity stunt meant to excite dumb a**es. And you bit, hook line and sinker. 

image.gif.2b1117cfb4ce290b965423dda0434169.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Lol no it’s not. You have to have some grounds of evidence to impeach a president. This is a publicity stunt meant to excite dumb a**es. And you bit, hook line and sinker. 

image.gif.2b1117cfb4ce290b965423dda0434169.gif

Evidence - like the Steele dossier? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GoAU said:

You know what. Get excited. It’ll be funnier when you’re disappointed. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

You know what. Get excited. It’ll be funnier when you’re disappointed. 

Not excited at all, more so just kind of disappointed at the level of corruption in the FBI.   Given the things coming to light and the fact that they have known about this for years and have done nothing doesn’t give much optimism for excitement.  

However the irony of needing “evidence” didn’t go unnoticed.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GoAU said:

Not excited at all, more so just kind of disappointed at the level of corruption in the FBI.   Given the things coming to light and the fact that they have known about this for years and have done nothing doesn’t give much optimism for excitement.  

However the irony of needing “evidence” didn’t go unnoticed.  

They don’t have anything that they can impeach Biden and Harris over. I can assure you. 

JFC this is pathetic. They’re taking advantage of the typical low IQ Trump over. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

They don’t have anything that they can impeach Biden and Harris over. I can assure you. 

JFC this is pathetic.

Can you?  I’m not so sure given the multiple aspects of the story and how they are really starting to align.  The FD-1023 is especially damning at first glance, and the alignment between it, the laptop, the leverage Biden used to have the Ukrainian prosecutor removed, and why Burisma would hire Hunter (who doesn’t speak the language and had no relevant experience) to a Board position sure seems odd.  

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/grassley-burisma-executive-who-allegedly-paid-biden-has-audio-recordings-of-conversations-with-joe-hunter

4 minutes ago, GoAU said:

Can you?  I’m not so sure given the multiple aspects of the story and how they are really starting to align.  The FD-1023 is especially damning at first glance, and the alignment between it, the laptop, the leverage Biden used to have the Ukrainian prosecutor removed, and why Burisma would hire Hunter (who doesn’t speak the language and had no relevant experience) to a Board position sure seems odd.  

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/grassley-burisma-executive-who-allegedly-paid-biden-has-audio-recordings-of-conversations-with-joe-hunter

Better hold your breath and wait for all of that evidence to drop.

18 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

What drops isn’t really relevant if no one looks at it.  

Keep your head in the sand and keep thinking those are all just coincidences. 

6 minutes ago, GoAU said:

Just like it's a coincidence that this came out days after Trump was indicted? 

9 minutes ago, GoAU said:

Hey I’d be completely cool with them impeaching and removing Biden and Harris from office, if they had any real proof of wrongdoing. I don’t give a sh*t about them. He’s too old to be president another 4 years anyway. But this is very very very clearly a politically motivated way for the Republicans to pull their voters away from the extremely serious and possibly catastrophic indictment of Donald Trump. 

But hey man, do and think what you want. Just don’t kill anyone. I know the cult is talking about killing people for their political affiliations now. Don’t be one of those guys.

Edited by AuCivilEng1

47 minutes ago, arein0 said:

Just like it's a coincidence that this came out days after Trump was indicted? 

Actually a lot came out the same day - which makes me wonder which was the “cause” and which was the “effect”.  I certainly don’t think it’s a coincidence, and could see both parties trying to distract from their own issues.  

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

There are three things that could have happened here:

1. There is no evidence, and the claim was investigated and verified to be false. This would be the only good result for Biden and the DOJ. 

2. The claim was never, or insufficiently, investigated, whether there is evidence or not. This will reinforce the belief of many that the DOJ is either corrupt or incompetent.

3. There is evidence, and the claim was confirmed, but covered up. If this is the case, of course all hell breaks loose.

Regardless, as you've pointed out the Republicans can use the mere report for now. The real problem would come if this was not investigated, which is what the Republicans are pushing to find out. Any pushback they get on requests for information will be used to foment distrust, whether it's legitimate pushback or not.

Frankly, if the tip didn't even receive a cursory look, the distrust would probably be justified.

Edited by Leftfield
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Hey I’d be completely cool with them impeaching and removing Biden and Harris from office, if they had any real proof of wrongdoing. I don’t give a sh*t about them. He’s too old to be president another 4 years anyway. But this is very very very clearly a politically motivated way for the Republicans to pull their voters away from the extremely serious and possibly catastrophic indictment of Donald Trump. 

But hey man, do and think what you want. Just don’t kill anyone. I know the cult is talking about killing people for their political affiliations now. Don’t be one of those guys.

Both sides have their fair share of lunatics.   I have no allegiance to Trump or the Republican Party- mine is to the Constitution and the man / party I feel will enforce it as closely to its original intent as possible.  

I’ve said since the Trump document scandal first broke- see what the evidence says, and go from there.  Apparently it is pretty damning, and if that’s the case, convict him.  The Democrats have made it harder than it needed to be by being “the boy who cried wolf” and now there seems to be a lot of people who don’t believe them.

2 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

There are three things that could have happened here:

1. There is no evidence, and the claim was investigated and verified to be false. This would be the only good result for Biden and the DOJ. 

2. The claim was never, or insufficiently, investigated, whether there is evidence or not. This will reinforce the belief of many that the DOJ is either corrupt or incompetent.

3. There is evidence, and the claim was confirmed, but covered up. If this is the case, of course all hell breaks loose.

Regardless, as you've pointed out the Republicans can use the mere report for now. The real problem would come if this was not investigated, which is what the Republicans are pushing to find out. Any pushback they get on requests for information will be used to foment distrust, whether it's legitimate pushback or not.

Frankly, if the tip didn't even receive a cursory look, the distrust would probably be justified.

This is a very reasonable post.  The only thing that jumps out about #1 is even the FBI hasn’t said this yet, just that it is still “under review” which has a lot of people defaulting to #3.  

5 minutes ago, GoAU said:

Both sides have their fair share of lunatics.   I have no allegiance to Trump or the Republican Party- mine is to the Constitution and the man / party I feel will enforce it as closely to its original intent as possible.  

I’ve said since the Trump document scandal first broke- see what the evidence says, and go from there.  Apparently it is pretty damning, and if that’s the case, convict him.  The Democrats have made it harder than it needed to be by being “the boy who cried wolf” and now there seems to be a lot of people who don’t believe them.

They’re only the boy who cried wolf to people who watch Fox News. The first time he was impeached, it was for obstruction of justice.

"I believe a reasonable person looking at these facts could conclude that all three elements of the crime of obstruction of justice have been met, and I'd like to ask you the reason, again, you did not indict Donald Trump is because of the OLC (the DOJ's Office of Legal Counsel) opinion stating that you cannot indict a sitting president, correct?" Lieu asked.

"That is correct," Mueller asked.

The second impeachment came for his involvement in January 6th, which the council highlighted in the Jan 6th hearings. The only people that think that the Dems are crying wolf are the ones who’s simply don’t want to pay attention to the issues at hand, because it doesn’t fit their narrative. No MAGA idiot is ever going to admit that the Democrats were justified in anything. But the facts and proof are all right there.

15 minutes ago, GoAU said:

The only thing that jumps out about #1 is even the FBI hasn’t said this yet, just that it is still “under review” which has a lot of people defaulting to #3.  

Probably because the overall investigation is still ongoing. I can't imagine they would say anything until it's concluded. Unfortunately, those who already believe the DOJ is corrupt will not be willing to wait.

Prepared Floor Remarks by Senator Chuck Grassley of Iowa
The Biden Justice Department and FBI Continue to Hide Information from Congress and the American People
June 12, 2023
VIDEO

Last week, I came to the Senate Floor to give a speech about the Biden Justice Department and FBI playing games with the American people by hiding the FBI-generated 1023 document from Congress.

Director Wray was going to be held in contempt for refusing to produce the 1023 that I told Chairman Comer about. Then, instead of contempt, the FBI committed to showing the 1023 and related documents to Congress.

So, the FBI showed but didn’t provide possession of that 1023 to the House Oversight Committee last week.

As the public knows that 1023 involves an alleged bribery scheme between then-Vice President Biden, Hunter Biden and a foreign national. The same allegations that Chairman Comer and I made public on May 3 of this year.

And on the same day that the FBI provided a redacted version of the 1023 to the House Oversight Committee, the Justice Department announced that former President Trump had been indicted and charged with 37 crimes relating to his alleged mishandling of classified records.

Attorney General Garland signed off on prosecuting Trump for conduct similar to what Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton engaged in. Two standards of justice in this country will turn our constitutional Republic upside down. Thanks to the political infection within the Biden Justice Department and FBI, we’re well along the road for that to happen.

This senator will do all that he can to fight that political infection. And you fight it by bringing transparency to what the government does. The public’s business ought to be public. Transparency brings accountability. 

With respect to the 1023 shown to that House Committee, from what I’ve been told by folks who’ve reviewed it, it’s filled with redactions. So, Director Wray placed redactions on a document that’s already unclassified.

More than that, the FBI made Congress review a redacted unclassified document in a classified facility. That goes to show you the disrespect the FBI has for Congress. On a previous time on the Senate Floor, I asked my fellow senators what’s so unusual about an unclassified document being given to the public, when on May 18 of this year, there was leaked to the New York Times a classified document and even the name of a confidential human source. So, we’re kind of in a strange situation here.  A classified document can be leaked to the New York Times, but an unclassified document can’t be made public to 300 million Americans.

Accordingly, Congress still lacks a full and complete picture with respect to what that document really says. That’s why it’s important that the document be made public without unnecessary redactions for the American people to see.

Let me assist for purposes of transparency.

The 1023 produced to that House Committee redacted reference that the foreign national who allegedly bribed Joe and Hunter Biden allegedly has audio recordings of his conversations with them. Seventeen total recordings.

According to the 1023, the foreign national possesses fifteen audio recordings of phone calls between him and Hunter Biden. According to the 1023, the foreign national possesses two audio recordings of phone calls between him and then-Vice President Joe Biden. These recordings were allegedly kept as a sort of insurance policy for the foreign national in case he got into a tight spot. The 1023 also indicates that then-Vice President Joe Biden may have been involved in Burisma employing Hunter Biden.

So, as I’ve repeatedly asked since going public with the existence of the 1023, what, if anything, has the Justice Department and FBI done to investigate?

The Justice Department and FBI must show their work.  They no longer deserve the benefit of the doubt. It’s clear that the Justice Department and FBI will use every resource to investigate candidate Trump, President Trump and former President Trump.

Based on the facts known to Congress and the public, it’s clear that the Justice Department and FBI will use every resource to investigate candidate Trump, President Trump and former President Trump. Based on the facts known to Congress and the public, it’s clear that the Justice Department and FBI haven’t nearly had the same laser focus on the Biden family. 

Special Counsel Jack Smith has used a recording against former President Trump. Well, what’s U.S. Attorney Weiss doing with respect to these alleged Joe and Hunter Biden recordings that are apparently relevant to a high-stakes bribery scheme?

Getting a full and complete 1023 is critical for the American people to know and understand the true nature of the document and to hold the Justice Department and FBI accountable.

It’s also important for asserting constitutional congressional oversight powers against an out-of-control Executive Branch drunk with political infection. Remember, Congress has received 1023’s in the past and they’ve been made public. So asking for this 1023 to be turned over to the American people to read is not unusual.

Congress owes it to the American people and the brave and heroic whistleblowers to continue to fight for transparency in this matter and make this document public without unnecessary redactions. 

I want everyone to remember, that I have read the unredacted version.

27 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

They’re only the boy who cried wolf to people who watch Fox News. The first time he was impeached, it was for obstruction of justice.

"I believe a reasonable person looking at these facts could conclude that all three elements of the crime of obstruction of justice have been met, and I'd like to ask you the reason, again, you did not indict Donald Trump is because of the OLC (the DOJ's Office of Legal Counsel) opinion stating that you cannot indict a sitting president, correct?" Lieu asked.

"That is correct," Mueller asked.

The second impeachment came for his involvement in January 6th, which the council highlighted in the Jan 6th hearings. The only people that think that the Dems are crying wolf are the ones who’s simply don’t want to pay attention to the issues at hand, because it doesn’t fit their narrative. No MAGA idiot is ever going to admit that the Democrats were justified in anything. But the facts and proof are all right there.

No “Boy who called wolf” when Schiff, Pelosi and others were saying they had evidence of Russian collusion for around 2 years, but never produced a thing?   

Not sure what you may or may not be insinuating by the term “Maga idiot”, but I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt.  

22 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Probably because the overall investigation is still ongoing. I can't imagine they would say anything until it's concluded. Unfortunately, those who already believe the DOJ is corrupt will not be willing to wait.

I can completely understand that, but what would you consider a reasonable amount of time to conduct an investigation like this?   

Things like having the laptop (a piece of this puzzle) for years and even helping push the “Russian disinformation “ narrative do nothing but fuel the fires of doubt. 

I’ll be clear - I just want the truth to come out and due process to be followed, but there sure seems to be a lot of doubt in the likelihood of this happening.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, GoAU said:

I can completely understand that, but what would you consider a reasonable amount of time to conduct an investigation like this?   

Things like having the laptop (a piece of this puzzle) for years and even helping push the “Russian disinformation “ narrative do nothing but fuel the fires of doubt. 

"Reasonable" is tough to define, particularly since I do not have first-hand knowledge. Also, verification is likely much more difficult considering this involves foreign nationals who may or may not be willing to cooperate, so I think the investigation lends itself to a longer timeline than the classified documents cases. I should add that this would be another possibility to put in my post above: they've been investigating, but haven't been able to verify one way or another if the recordings exist.

In terms of the "Russian disinformation" situation, again, who could have even written a character like Hunter Biden? It certainly sounded ridiculous to me at first, and Giuliani has become such a grease fire that who would believe him? Even Fox News wouldn't touch it for a while.

Edited by Leftfield

let me say this. donald trump would not amount to a pimple on bidens behind.

18 hours ago, GoAU said:

In case you forgot, there was no impeachment based on the Steele dossier.

There was an impeachment over a President abusing the power of his office when he attempted to bribe Ukraine into opening an investigation into Joe Biden in exchange for the release of military aid and a White House visit.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

This will never pass in the Senate but like the Dems impeaching Trump it's going to get a lot of media attention front and center. Things could get interesting. I would love to see some GOP Reps. walking articles to the Senate like Dems. Schiff, Swalwell, etc. did.

GOP Rep. Ogles introduces impeachment articles against Biden, Harris | Fox News

That is nothing more than a child like tantrum.  It won't pass the House, much less go farther.  SOME people still respect the country enough and the constitution enough to see this sickness for what it is.