Lowder Causes Boycott of AU Football Game

LegalEagle

Guys,

My only point in calling Vatz on the carpet is that I get tired of uninformed people gratuitously flogging Lowder because it seems to be the cool thing to do.  If you can't argue specifics as to why he has been bad for the Univesity or who would be a better BOT member than you are better just to keep your mouth shut.

175212[/snapback]

Like I said, if you would want to continue the "discussion", my inbox is open to such causes ;)

I just dont want to go back to what was going on about a year ago...The "Im too young and uninformed" argument. So I decided to just not even post my reasons....

But I would definitely share with you my views on a pm basis.

vatz....I in no way intended to downplay you as an Auburn student. I am on several advisory councils for Auburn and have worked with student for years. I have two daughters who are Auburn grads. I would only ask that you show the same respect for us older folks who have worked for years with our money and time to make Auburn a better place.........for students like you. . All I asked was for you to give some facts for your very strong statements and you ingored that request and chose to berate anyone who disagrees with you. :poke:

All I asked was for you to give some facts for your very strong statements and you ingored that request and chose to berate anyone who disagrees with you. :poke:

175226[/snapback]

Give me a break, so now I am the one who "berated" anyone who disagrees with me?

I spoke very clearly, other than my sarcastic post...which was labeled "this post is sarcastic."

Oh boy. :huh:

I clearly stated the terms of what I will state with someone, a pm basis. There is no way I am getting involved in this junk again.

And, clearly, most of my defense was towards logger over there. :huh:

All I asked was for you to give some facts for your very strong statements and you ingored that request and chose to berate anyone who disagrees with you. :poke:

175226[/snapback]

Give me a break, so now I am the one who "berated" anyone who disagrees with me?

I spoke very clearly, other than my sarcastic post...which was labeled "this post is sarcastic."

175233[/snapback]

Ok, let's start over. You made some very strong statements in your original post in this thread. As nicely as I can, let me ask you to please back these up with experience, first hand knowledge, facts or something. Otherwise, just say it's your opinion and we will alll move on.

175226[/snapback]

175233[/snapback]

Ok, let's start over. You made some very strong statements in your original post in this thread. As nicely as I can, let me ask you to please back these up with experience, first hand knowledge, facts or something. Otherwise, just say it's your opinion and we will alll move on.

175235[/snapback]

You will receive an answer in your pm box ;)

You will receive an answer in your pm box  ;)

175236[/snapback]

Sorry, I'm not going to get into a PM thing on this. You made some very public statements so be man enough to defend them in public.

If anyone wants to boycott something to get lowders attention, I suggest looking into where his money comes from,and boycott that. I too, are of the opinion that he has far too much influence. But, boycotting Auburn (football, donations,etc) will only hurt our beloved alma mater. Just my $.02 worth.

LegalEagle,

You should be flogged for starting this thread!  ;)

175209[/snapback]

Hee, Hee, Hee. I had to dig deep to find something! *grin*

Did Lowder ever say whether he gave permission to take the Colonial Bread Truck, er, Bank airplane to Louisville? Did he ever say whether he knew that Petrino would be courted to take CTT's job and loaned the plane for that purpose? PT could you get him to sign an affidavit as to his involvement or lack thereof in that disgrace to Auburn?

Oh, and what about him staying on the BoT for years after his term ended? Isn't that a fact? Did he just forget to quit?

The fact that students and others have a bad opinion of BL is a negative reflection on our school.

Has he made his opinion on orange jerseys public?

*grin*

You will receive an answer in your pm box  ;)

175236[/snapback]

Sorry, I'm not going to get into a PM thing on this. You made some very public statements so be man enough to defend them in public.

175240[/snapback]

Nope sorry, you either want to know or not. Thats how I see it. Whether its public or not is just for fancy to me. Just by making the points I have made earlier on this thread, I already know I am in for a trip if I post more thoughts of mine. :)

People get out of hand sometimes...going too harsh things because someone might have a different opinion. I'll be the woman on this thread and just say," Hey...you want to know my point of view? We'll take this private...Dont want any conflict here."

Again, you either want to know or not...as far as it being public...anyone who wants to know my point of view, like it really matters regardless, is free to talk to me whenever they want.

So thats the end of that. :cheer:

LegalEagle,

You should be flogged for starting this thread!  ;)

175209[/snapback]

Hee, Hee, Hee. I had to dig deep to find something! *grin*

Did Lowder ever say whether he gave permission to take the Colonial Bread Truck, er, Bank airplane to Louisville? Did he ever say whether he knew that Petrino would be courted to take CTT's job and loaned the plane for that purpose? PT could you get him to sign an affidavit as to his involvement or lack thereof in that disgrace to Auburn?

No. I don't recall him ever saying anything one way or another. And that's the point, btw. Lowder didn't get where he is today by being stupid. He was conspicuosly absent from that flight on his own airplane. You're going to have to do better than that (i.e. asking him to sign an affadavit) to corner this guy.

Oh, and what about him staying on the BoT for years after his term ended?  Isn't that a fact?  Did he just forget to quit?

The fact that students and others have a bad opinion of BL is a negative reflection on our school.

You're right, it is a negative reflection on our school. How should the fences be mended. I don't see the con-Lowders recognizing any of Lowder's positive influence on the University.

Has he made his opinion on orange jerseys public? 

*grin"

175248[/snapback]

Not to my knowledge he hasn't. If he pushes for the orange jerseys though, I just might get up off my wallet and lead the charge to boycott the games, personally.

He needs to step down from the Board and continue his financial support. That is how he would improve his image. His actions have the appearance of him being a "control freak" in control of AU. By stepping down voluntarily for the good of AU, he would show that the school is more important than his ego.

Why doesn't everyone just give it a rest. Things have settled down now and frankly I do not care whether BL continues on the Board or not. Fact is, he is just like the rest of us in that he wants what is best for Auburn. Of course, the rest of us don't have unlimited financial resources to attempt to impose what we think is best or we might have screwed things up just as bad or worse than he did. At this point in time I don't think continuing to stir the pot is going to do anything but continue to make the school look bad, and we don't need any more of that. We all need to take a lesson from our coach on that one.

He needs to step down from the Board and continue his financial support.  That is how he would improve his image.  His actions have the appearance of him being a "control freak" in control of AU.  By stepping down voluntarily for the good of AU, he would show that the school is more important than his ego.

175264[/snapback]

Agreed. Folks who give large sums always have influence. Controlling the board is another matter.

He needs to step down from the Board and continue his financial support.  That is how he would improve his image.  His actions have the appearance of him being a "control freak" in control of AU.  By stepping down voluntarily for the good of AU, he would show that the school is more important than his ego.

175264[/snapback]

Agreed. Folks who give large sums always have influence. Controlling the board is another matter.

175279[/snapback]

I agree :thumbsup:

That would certainly be a left-wing approach that would hurt team morale.  Could you really imagine a game with only visitors in the stands?

175146[/snapback]

"Left wing approach"? Who called for the boycott of Disney World?

175163[/snapback]

There tends to be an exception to rules (i.e. "i" before "e" except after "c"). Left-wing and boycotts go together which is the general rule. In this case you have pointed out an exception to the general rule.

The edited version woud then read, "That would certainly be your "TYPICAL" left-wing approach that would hurt team morale.

That would certainly be a left-wing approach that would hurt team morale.  Could you really imagine a game with only visitors in the stands?

175146[/snapback]

175163[/snapback]

There tends to be an exception to rules (i.e. "i" before "e" except after "c"). Left-wing and boycotts go together which is the general rule. In this case you have pointed out an exception to the general rule.

The edited version woud then read, "That would certainly be your "TYPICAL" left-wing approach that would hurt team morale.

175288[/snapback]

Who TYPICALLY boycotts TV shows, songs, magazines, movies, etc?

http://www.mediacoalition.org/reports/wildmon.html

I'm not aware of any "left wing" movement as strong as this one at boycotting. What've you got?

175146[/snapback]

175163[/snapback]

175288[/snapback]

Who TYPICALLY boycotts TV shows, songs, magazines, movies, etc?

http://www.mediacoalition.org/reports/wildmon.html

I'm not aware of any "left wing" movement as strong as this one at boycotting. What've you got?

175289[/snapback]

Did search "Who calls boycotts" and found following:

1. labor unions

2. racial minorities

3. religious groups

4. consumer groups

5. women's rights activists

6. gay rights activists

7. anti-war activists

8. health activists

9. anti-abortion groups

10. environmental groups

It would appear that groups across the spectrum of left-wing to right-wing get involved in boycotts.

It would appear that groups across the spectrum of left-wing to right-wing get involved in boycotts.

175302[/snapback]

Exactly.

But no one here is boycotting AU football, regardless of their political affiliation.

WDE! :au::football::cheer:

Anybody who wants to hurt Lowder should boycott his bank. Leave AU alone.

Anybody who wants to hurt Lowder should boycott his bank.

175330[/snapback]

TexasTiger, we finally agree on something. The best way for one to voice their displeasure with a person of influence is to hit them where they will notice it......in the wallet. I, for one, will never set foot in another Colonial Bank. Part of this is due to Bobby Lowder, the other shall remain personal.

1. labor unions

2. racial minorities

3. religious groups

4. consumer groups

6. gay rights activists

7. anti-war activists

8. health activists

9. anti-abortion groups

10. environmental groups

175302[/snapback]

It appears to me that the majority of these 10 groups are predominantly leftist.

1. labor unions

2. racial minorities

3. religious groups

4. consumer groups

6. gay rights activists

7. anti-war activists

8. health activists

9. anti-abortion groups

10. environmental groups

175302[/snapback]

It appears to me that the majority of these 10 groups are predominantly leftist.

175389[/snapback]

That's what I was thinking when I glanced over the list. The only exception would be #3.

Yeah I did, I completely overlooked them. Them being sandwiched between the plant eaters at #8 and the tree huggers at #10 threw me off. :big:

Yeah I did, I completely overlooked them. Them being sandwiched between the plant eaters at #8 and the tree huggers at #10 threw me off.  :big:

175401[/snapback]

:big::big::big::big:

Archived