Bo Nix Comments

That Mississippi State meltdown really accelerated the end of Harsin’s tenure.  If you could point to one pivotal moment, it might be the Nix injury coupled with the defensive debacle.

7 hours ago, AUDevil said:

That Mississippi State meltdown really accelerated the end of Harsin’s tenure.  If you could point to one pivotal moment, it might be the Nix injury coupled with the defensive debacle.

Might have been a blessing in disguise that accelerated our torture.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, AUDub said:

We asked a lot of Bo and he delivered as best he could even as a lot of the base gave him hell. 

well there were a lot of rumors going around that just were not true from what i understand. i am glad i did not throw my bo t shirt away.

No idea what this Auburn man stuff is all about. However, glad Bo has found himself in a better position. With that being said, although Harsin royally sucked and Gus was average, I find myself believing The Nix family were not innocent bystanders. I am sure the constant talk about legacy, the re-appearance of him watching Cam win the national championship, Gus rolling the red carpet out for him, his recruiting status, and who his father is played a significant emphasis on the air of “prestige” seen by them (reportedly).  I can’t help but feel that if he did not have his father's last name nor the history surrounding Auburn, many folks here would feel a lot different than their stance of apologetics for Bo. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JMWATS said:

Imagine if Bo had stayed and we had won a few more games last year and Harsin's tenure was extended... 

image.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 7/23/2023 at 8:24 PM, jw 4 au said:

While I agree in principle, he still wet the bed against UGA, the only SEC team he played. It is a good move on his part to leave Harsin when he did, but those improvements are simply leaving the SEC. He goes to Ole Piss or UT or something, may have a good season but not that good of a season. It is still the PAC 10 is my point. Love Bo, and agree with him leaving us, but just gotta be real about it. 

Not the whole story. They debuted a new offense with a new coach and a new quarterback in that game. There were a lot of new system jitters in the Oregon offense overall in that game. If you watched him later in the season, he was hitting all the throws he previously would’ve missed. Yes, the defenses were easier, but he was also playing substantially better. 

Not sure what some of you wanted him and poppa Pat to say....he would have been ripped to shreds if he threw shade at Harsin on the way out! 

We would have not broken the Baton Rouge curse in '21 without Bo.  Would not have won '19 UAT without Bo.  Would not beat the mighty Mario and Oregon in '19 without Bo.  He carried the team several times....and yes, a few times failed.  In hindsight, maybe he should have left before the '21 season started and it would have been evident then that Harsin was in over his head and not nearly as smart as many thought he was! 

• Like 4

Bo Nix did what was best for Bo Nix. That’s all I have to say on the subject! Let that water flow

2 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

Bo Nix did what was best for Bo Nix. That’s all I have to say on the subject! Let that water flow

I understand what you are saying. Auburn did what was best for AU when they fired him too, Bo left to do the same thing. He was way ahead if many of us (me included), on needing to move on wo Harsin.

Edited by Hank2020
  • Like 2

Bo was a 5* and the consequence of 5*s are that they’re all thinking nfl payday endgame. Pure stats and showing yoy improvement. … Regardless of last name,  Bo leaving was a given. 

• 3 weeks later...

Oregon is starting a Heisman campaign for Bo.  They bought space in New York City to put up a 12 story poster of him for the start.  Got to give it to the Ducks, they know how to market and they have the deep pockets to do this right.  If Bo has a similar year as last, believe he has a legitimate chance to win the Heisman.  

duckswire.usatoday.com/lists/look-bo-nix-gets-joey-heisman-treatment-with-massive-12-story-poster-in-new-york/

• Like 1

Bo Nix SO wanted to be here but he was in the batch alienated by Harsin "not buying into NIL". Most players won't be NFL millionaires so the opportunity to get paid for their hard work NOW (especially when the colleges & conferences profit off them) is a window guys like Bo are crazy to not observe. He did and good for him.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Bo Nix SO wanted to be here but he was in the batch alienated by Harsin "not buying into NIL". Most players won't be NFL millionaires so the opportunity to get paid for their hard work NOW (especially when the colleges & conferences profit off them) is a window guys like Bo are crazy to not observe. He did and good for him.

There are plenty of people enjoying the fruits of Hugh's rebuild that were admittedly against NIL and the transfer portal. 

18 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Kind of interesting.  Heard some You Tuber for the Ducks say that Oregon is paying Bo a $2 million NIL payout to stay at Oregon through the 2023 season, and that is the reason why he opted not to go to the NFL.    Not certain of the amount but you can bet he got a nice check.  

Bo's solid.  

He was in Auburn under the wrong coaches.

I wish it'd been different but it wasn't.  I wish him personally extreme success.  No mater what I do feel he's at heart an Auburn man.

Can he translate to the NFL?  I hope he can and does.  

• Like 2

There’s folks here claimed that he only started because his father. Said Gatewood, Finley should have been starting….never made sense.