Republicans = Trump

TexasTiger

3 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

You're making some assumptions by what I mean. And it's probably not what you assume. But I'm not sure I particularly care. 

Wasn’t assuming, just saw the fair comment and it reminded me trump will inevitably bring up the steal again. Which is a polling disaster.  He has had to declare bankruptcy 6 times and has lost 3 straight election cycles - his need to convince everyone he’s still a winner will eventually overwhelm any script he’s given.

• Like 1

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

Wasn’t assuming, just saw the fair comment and it reminded me trump will inevitably bring up the steal again. Which is a polling disaster.  He has had to declare bankruptcy 6 times and has lost 3 straight election cycles - his need to convince everyone he’s still a winner will eventually overwhelm any script he’s given.

Ok 👍

4 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

While I agree the Republican  party is hopelessly screwed up, the Democratic Party is not recognizable to me either. But if you want say that the republicans are winning the crazy contest, fine. However, as I’ve said before, imo both parties need to reboot quickly to something way less extreme - or they’ll be 3rd party pulverized very soon

This is close to impossible without reformation of the electoral system into a multiparty proportional representation system. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Didba said:

This is close to impossible without reformation of the electoral system into a multiparty proportional representation system. 

What I'd add is that if this cycle couldn't get a third party candidate any serious legs, with these two joke candidates, it's not going to happen until reform, I'd agree. And I dont think it will happen, although that's exactly what I WANT to happen.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

What I'd add is that if this cycle couldn't get a third party candidate any serious legs, with these two joke candidates, it's not going to happen until reform, I'd agree. And I dont think it will happen, although that's exactly what I WANT to happen.

Reformation will never happen unless 80-90% of the country is out in the streets protesting together for election reformation.

The parties in power will never do it if their own volition. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Some folks here take issue with me pointing out that the Republican Party has become utterly irredeemable and hopelessly committed to Trump. They claim it’s somehow the Democrats that keep Trump relevant, not Republicans. While that’s illogical on its face, they persist. Beyond what is apparent, however are the numbers that drive it home:

“For starters, 71 percent of Republican likely primary voters do not believe Trump has committed any federal crimes. The same percentage believes that “Republicans need to stand behind Trump” when it comes to investigations. Of the 71 percent who say he hasn’t committed federal crimes, just 10 percent were willing to concede that he did something wrong, just nothing criminal. This leaves a comfortable majority of GOP primary voters who believe that Trump has done nothing wrong.”

https://plus.thebulwark.com/p/nyt-siena-poll-blows-up-scott-youngkin-fantasy

The base is largely a cult to a leader.

Long-term, never Trump Republicans best bet is forming another party. But being strongly anti-abortion and eliminating Medicare & Social Security won’t get them much support. There’s never been enough support for those positions. But if they want to be a slightly center-right party reminiscent of Eisenhower, but perhaps either leaving abortion to the states or allowing it to 20 weeks with exceptions for life of the mother or unviabilty of the fetus, with middle of the road positions on social issues and common sense reform to shore up SS & Medicare they could capture most independents a sizable chunk of Democrats and some Republicans.

The exact same comments could easily be made about the Dems and Biden.  The political system is busted. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, GoAU said:

The exact same comments could easily be made about the Dems and Biden.  The political system is busted. 

Well, if Dems don’t currently Biden’s guilty of multiple crimes, it’s because they’ve yet to see actual evidence of it. Anyone who doesn’t believe Trump has committed a crime is totally ignoring what’s been made available to them.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, GoAU said:

Here goes my once a month impassioned pitch where i risk getting called crazy.

More and more conservatives are waking up and realizing we have a broken political system, two corrupt political parties, broken intelligence agencies who are constantly overeaching and infringing in areas and rights they shouldnt be, a DOJ that enforces the laws it wants against its political enemies, constant censorship of opposition speech, and a profit first corporate and political propoganda machine some call msm. Nothing works as it should anymore.

And whoever we elect isn't going to matter if they can't start making a dent in that. Trump proved ineffective at it. We have to fix this blatant corruption in every facet of Washington. Its the ONLY issue that matters if we want to save the country in the long run. And I struggle to find any candidates who can talk intelligently on it and form a coherent plan to attack it besides RFK.

Edited by KansasTiger
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

More and more conservatives are waking up and realizing we have a broken political system, two corrupt political parties, broken intelligence agencies who are constantly overeaching and infringing in areas and rights they shouldnt be, a DOJ that enforces the laws it wants against its political enemies, constant censorship of opposition speech, and a profit first corporate and political propoganda machine some call msm. Nothing works as it should anymore.

And whoever we elect isn't going to matter if they can't start making a dent in that. Trump proved ineffective at it. We have to fix this blatant corruption in every facet of Washington. Its the ONLY issue that matters if we want to save the country in the long run. And I struggle to find any candidates who can talk intelligently on it and form a coherent plan to attack it besides RFK.

RFK Jr would be utterly ineffective at every phase of the job. Trump is extraordinarily corrupt and grossly amoral— he needs a broken system to win support. He needs a broken system to convince folks he shouldn’t be held accountable for his corruption.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

4 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

RFK Jr would be utterly ineffective at every phase of the job. Trump is extraordinarily corrupt and grossly amoral— he needs a broken system to win support. He needs a broken system to convince folks he shouldn’t be held accountable for his corruption.

That's why I wasn't talking to you when I said it. And why I barely mentioned Trump in my post because I see him as ineffective at what I want accomplished.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

That's why I wasn't talking to you when I said it. And why I barely mentioned Trump in my post because I see him as ineffective at what I want accomplished.

Why do you see RFK as capable to address the issues you see?

11 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Why do you see RFK as capable to address the issues you see?

I will be honest, I find it funny you'd consider RFK ineffective in every facet but Joe Biden, a man i deeply believes suffers from dimentia a more effective and better choice. I would love to explain my thoughts to someone who wants to learn more about him and may consider voting for him. Based on your reactions to me and your constant trolling and prodding, I do not believe that's your approach here. I could provide proof RFK can cure cancer and you wouldnt consider voting for him, you just want to flesh this out so you can argue. I'm not interested in that.

Edited by KansasTiger
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I will be honest, I find it funny you'd consider RFK ineffective in every facet but Joe Biden, a man i deeply believes suffers from dimentia a more effective and better choice. I would love to explain my thoughts to someone who wants to learn more about him and may consider voting for him. Based on your reactions to me and your constant trolling and prodding, I do not believe that's your approach here. I could provide proof RFK can cure cancer and you wouldnt consider voting for him, you just want to flesh this out so you can argue. I'm not interested in that.

Got nothing. Got it. 😉

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, KansasTiger said:

Lots of young progressive liberals have known this for years. The way to fix the system is fairly simple, it just cannot be done. Election reform to a multi-party PR system. Overturn Citizens United. Enforce Bribery laws. End the Electoral College. Basically, halfway to what you want if this was done. It's just impossible.

• Like 1

Dude, RFK Jr.? How about a Rockefeller next?

12 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Some folks here take issue with pointing out that the Democrat Party has become utterly irredeemable and hopelessly committed to Biden. They claim it’s somehow the unproven accusations that keep Biden relevant, not Democrats. While that’s illogical on its face, they persist. Beyond what is apparent, however are the numbers that drive it home:

Fixed that for you.

14 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Few Democrats are devoted to Biden.

The first time he ran for president was against … Reagan and had been trying basically  ever since. So no - I don’t believe now or ever dems we’re enamored with him. 

Whats depressing is he  has less capability now than when he couldn’t win.

5 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

The first time he ran for president was against … Reagan and had been trying basically  ever since. So no - I don’t believe now or ever dems we’re enamored with him. 

Whats depressing is he  has less capability now than when he couldn’t win.

And yet more than his 2020 Republican opponent.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

And yet more than his 2020 Republican opponent.

If it’s trump and there’s no other option I regretfully agree. But not down ticket

4 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Well, if Dems don’t currently Biden’s guilty of multiple crimes, it’s because they’ve yet to see actual evidence of it. Anyone who doesn’t believe Trump has committed a crime is totally ignoring what’s been made available to them.

Have yet to see it, or they are actively suppressing / looking away.  

As to Trumps crimes - the classified documents appear to be a real problem, I won’t lie about that one.  Other than that, what other “evidence “ are you referring to?   Are you using the same standard of proof for both Trump and Biden?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, GoAU said:

Have yet to see it, or they are actively suppressing / looking away.  

As to Trumps crimes - the classified documents appear to be a real problem, I won’t lie about that one.  Other than that, what other “evidence “ are you referring to?   Are you using the same standard of proof for both Trump and Biden?

Same standard for everyone. I’ve read two damning indictments of very serious intentional crimes. 

In regard to Biden, what specific crime is even alleged and on what facts? 

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Same standard for everyone. I’ve read two damning indictments of very serious intentional crimes. 

Arrest them both. Put them in a nice resort jail for 18 months. Have a normal election.  Call in even. 

I love a happy ending.

• Like 1

Here's a brief twitter summary from Benny Johnson:

If you’re still confused about the Joe and Hunter Biden crime scheme, let me break it down for you in the simplest way possible: Joe Biden was in charge of Ukrainian relations during his term as Vice President. During Joe’s term, a Ukrainian prosecutor named Viktor Shokin was investigating corruption at an oil & gas company Burisma. Burisma hired Joe’s son Hunter to their board and paid him $83k a month for access to his father, the Vice President. Burisma begged Joe to help them stop Shokin’s investigation. Joe demanded Burisma pay $10 mil for his help. Joe Biden then threatened to withhold a $1 billion loan from the US to Ukraine if the Ukrainian President Poroshenko didn’t fire the prosecutor. The prosecutor was fired. Ukraine got $1 billion from the US. The Biden’s got $10 million from Burisma. Hopefully that helps.

Some of you may remember when Spiro Agnew was forced to resign as VP for taking a 35K bribe. He wasn't clever enough to have the money paid to his son.  Of course, people in the 70's never would have been gullible enough to swallow the big lie that paying a drug addicted son for work he was totally unqualified for somehow made the bribery okay.

Edited by Cardin Drake
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Arrest them both. Put them in a nice resort jail for 18 months. Have a normal election.  Call in even. 

I love a happy ending.

Biden’s crime? What specific act, what specific law?