Republicans = Trump

TexasTiger

17 minutes ago, GoAU said:

18 USC 793 (f)

(f)

Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense, (1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or (2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of its trust, or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer—

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

And that’s assuming we honestly believe he had classified documents scattered all over the place without intentionally doing it…..

So they’d have to prove knowledge or gross negligence.

• Like 1

I don’t see how you’d have boxes of classified documents laying around in multiple locations for over half a decade without a minimum of gross negligence or intent - do you?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GoAU said:

I don’t see how you’d have boxes of classified documents laying around in multiple locations for over half a decade without a minimum of gross negligence or intent - do you?

Gross negligence typically involves deviations from standard processes and norms. Don’t know the real details, but I’m not sure what’s in all the boxes in my house & garage and I put them there. I doubt a former VP who travels a lot and is focused on a Presidential campaign looks through boxes in their much bigger house. I think the key question on gross negligence centers on the process & protocols for packing a VP— I doubt each VP dictates that. I suspect they play little if any role. If they interjected themselves into an established process they would have greater responsibility. The fact that both Biden and Pence are in the same boat suggests there are deficiencies in the process. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Gross negligence typically involves deviations from standard processes and norms. Don’t know the real details, but I’m not sure what’s in all the boxes in my house & garage and I put them there. I doubt a former VP who travels a lot and is focused on a Presidential campaign looks through boxes in their much bigger house. I think the key question on gross negligence centers on the process & protocols for packing a VP— I doubt each VP dictates that. I suspect they play little if any role. If they interjected themselves into an established process they would have greater responsibility. The fact that both Biden and Pence are in the same boat suggests there are deficiencies in the process. 

If that’s a viable excuse for a VP, then is it safe to assume the same would hold true for a President, that also has run several multi million / billion dollar businesses?   

Something an old commanding officer once told me - “You can delegate authority, but not responsibility”. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GoAU said:

If that’s a viable excuse for a VP, then is it safe to assume the same would hold true for a President, that also has run several multi million / billion dollar businesses?   

Something an old commanding officer once told me - “You can delegate authority, but not responsibility”. 

It certainly would be if the facts were similar. But Trump isn’t charged with violating this law.

• Like 1

There’s actually a law he HASN’T been charged with?  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GoAU said:

There’s actually a law he HASN’T been charged with?  

Yep. It would have been a slam dunk, but he upped the ante considerably.

On 8/3/2023 at 6:32 PM, GoAU said:

When you said “if he did anything wrong Trump would have prosecuted him” - first, I assume the “him” is Hunter, or are you talking about Joe Biden?  Secondly, Trump doesn’t prosecute anyone as President - and you claim my facts are wrong….

I'm curious GoAU: 

Do you think Jarrad Kushner accepting $2 Billion from the Saudis wrong? 

What about illegal?

I'm honestly not familiar with it - if you have some background info or a reputable link I can read I'll look it over and let you know my thoughts.   

8 minutes ago, GoAU said:

I'm honestly not familiar with it - if you have some background info or a reputable link I can read I'll look it over and let you know my thoughts.   

Were you not aware of it?

On 8/5/2023 at 9:36 PM, GoAU said:

He ran quite a few of those businesses into bankruptcy, so no, that not a safe assumption.

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

Were you not aware of it?

Not really.  Although I’m sure you’ll be stunned to find out that although I know MOST things, I don’t necessarily know ALL things.  

What is the allegation that the Saudis gained by purchasing influence?  The PR blunder from killing the journalist (don’t recall his name)?

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

He ran quite a few of those businesses into bankruptcy, so no, that not a safe assumption.

Although some businesses did end up in bankruptcy, I’d say that he was a lot more successful than a vast majority of people.  Bankruptcy is used by lots of companies to restructure debt - at the rate we’re going, our nation may have to file…..

14 hours ago, GoAU said:

Not really.  Although I’m sure you’ll be stunned to find out that although I know MOST things, I don’t necessarily know ALL things.  

What is the allegation that the Saudis gained by purchasing influence?  The PR blunder from killing the journalist (don’t recall his name)?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_of_Jamal_Khashoggi

15 hours ago, GoAU said:

Although some businesses did end up in bankruptcy, I’d say that he was a lot more successful than a vast majority of people.  Bankruptcy is used by lots of companies to restructure debt - at the rate we’re going, our nation may have to file…..

Trump made many business decisions and used bankruptcy to stiff creditors.  He was also famous for simply forcing creditors to sue him for rightful compensation, an option many small contractors couldn't afford.

He was no more successful than any other businessman who was given a grubstake of $413M from his Dad.

https://apnews.com/article/0452d29cd2564eaf97605ab90acc3a67

I suggest some further research on Trump, starting with:

https://www.amazon.com/Making-Donald-Trump-David-Johnston/dp/1612196322

And then, moving on to:

https://www.amazon.com/Even-Worse-Than-Think-Administration/dp/1501174169/ref=pd_lpo_sccl_2/143-0814429-8760021?pd_rd_w=qmXpo&content-id=amzn1.sym.116f529c-aa4d-4763-b2b6-4d614ec7dc00&pf_rd_p=116f529c-aa4d-4763-b2b6-4d614ec7dc00&pf_rd_r=B95SFP30GZEJXC9W8YFQ&pd_rd_wg=e1fNZ&pd_rd_r=1b2dbc56-8ab3-4d9c-95cb-fa1a271ab1c4&pd_rd_i=1501174169&psc=1

Edited by homersapien

34 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Trump made many business decisions and used bankruptcy to stiff creditors.  He was also famous for simply forcing creditors to sue him for rightful compensation, an option many small contractors couldn't afford.

He was no more successful than any other businessman who was given a grubstake of $413M from his Dad.

And then moving on to:

https://www.amazon.com/Even-Worse-Than-Think-Administration/dp/1501174169/ref=pd_lpo_sccl_2/143-0814429-8760021?pd_rd_w=qmXpo&content-id=amzn1.sym.116f529c-aa4d-4763-b2b6-4d614ec7dc00&pf_rd_p=116f529c-aa4d-4763-b2b6-4d614ec7dc00&pf_rd_r=B95SFP30GZEJXC9W8YFQ&pd_rd_wg=e1fNZ&pd_rd_r=1b2dbc56-8ab3-4d9c-95cb-fa1a271ab1c4&pd_rd_i=1501174169&psc=1

He was the first Kardashian - leveraging and monetizing his fathers name and wealth without any useful talent himself 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

He was the first Kardashian - leveraging and monetizing his fathers name and wealth without any useful talent himself 

Yep.  And from what I've read of Trump's childhood, his father really screwed him up psychologically.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

And then, moving on to:

Slow pay and non pay developers/owners garner reputations quickly among suppliers and contractors. Information and history are available and easy to access. He obviously duped a lot of people into contracts or they were dumb. Some contractors willingly go in extremely high knowing final payment will be litigated. Not a healthy way to do business.

You obviously enjoy Trump books Brother Homer.