2017 Auburn Flashback - Georgia Game

StatTiger

That team was as good as any that season. If KJ doesn’t get injured in the Iron Bowl, or Boobie doesn’t act a fool, we could have gone all the way.

• Like 1

Was at that game.   Probably the best I've felt about our program since, other than after the opening win over Oregon in 19...

4 hours ago, AUINSY said:

That team was as good as any that season. If KJ doesn’t get injured in the Iron Bowl, or Boobie doesn’t act a fool, we could have gone all the way.

Bubba not Boobie.

The misdirection screens to KJ were so good.  

17 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Bubba not Boobie.

The misdirection screens to KJ were so good.  

Definitely JaTarvious “Boobee” Whitlow, but I can’t recall if he was there in ‘17 or ‘18...Agree on the KJ moves

Edited by AUINSY

21 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

Definitely JaTarvious “Boobee” Whitlow, but I can’t recall if he was there in ‘17 or ‘18...Agree on the KJ moves

The 2017 RBs were Kerryon, Kam Bubba Pettway, and Kam Martin.  Bubba was the RB acting the fool/maybe hurt.  Boobee was 2018, 2019.  Also I love Boobies!

34 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

The 2017 RBs were Kerryon, Kam Bubba Pettway, and Kam Martin.  Bubba was the RB acting the fool/maybe hurt.  Boobee was 2018, 2019.  Also I love Boobies!

Ah, ok. I never recall Kam’s nickname being Bubba, but that’s who I was thinking of. I was mixing up Kam and Boobee. 

Man Ga loaded:

michele, Chubb, swift in backfield

hardman

goodwin. 

r smith at lb 

geez. 

also typical Gus o…scoring FGs most of the game. Y’all think about how great Gus’ offenses could have been with some red zone creativity. 

Edited by passthebiscuits
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Man Ga loaded:

michele, Chubb, swift in backfield

hardman

goodwin. 

geez. 

And that was them before reaching dynastic levels. I don’t think they’re much better than a 100% Auburn that year, and were roughly equal to Oklahoma (probably the best OU team since the prime Stoops years)…slightly worse than Alabama. And that was their, at best, 3rd best team since 2017. 

21 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

And that was them before reaching dynastic levels. I don’t think they’re much better than a 100% Auburn that year, and were roughly equal to Oklahoma (probably the best OU team since the prime Stoops years)…slightly worse than Alabama. And that was their, at best, 3rd best team since 2017. 

Exactly. Mind blowing really. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Good enough to make him wealthy for life. 

That new contract afforded him the opportunity to get lazy in recruiting. That 2017 team was arguably the high water mark of Gus' time at Auburn. Three years later with the talent on the roster quite depleted he's fired. The opposite directions of the two programs after that game has been maddening. 

• Like 2

That defense was nasty!!!!!   Mix in a handful of beautiful play calls and Kerryon, and you’ve got a winning formula!!!  (Also Carlson finishing a bunch of drives that should’ve ended with TDs)

On 8/10/2023 at 9:30 PM, passthebiscuits said:

Y’all think about how great Gus’ offenses could have been with some red zone creativity.

That was the prob...too much Gus creativity in the red zone. HB Dive from 20 to 20. Got in the red zone and got too cute too many times.

On 8/10/2023 at 9:56 PM, passthebiscuits said:

That team that day may have been the best of the CGM era. 

I'd take 2013. Any game from A&M on. Was hard for Gus to screw up the Marshall/Mason duo.

• Like 1