Will kickoff ever come?

WarDlowe

This is going to be nothing but me gushing about Auburn and how much I love it, so if you want to skip it now would be the time.

So this morning I went for a run. It was a really reflective experience. As I started out on Samford Avenue, I could almost see all the cars lining that road and smell the burgers cooking. Going down Donahue I traveled the same path that our Hard Fighting Soldiers walk down each week. As I stopped to stretch at the TigerWalk entrance to the stadium, I noticed the TigerEyes staring down at me and could almost hear the beat of the band marching into the stadium and recalled some of the best memories I have of Carnell breaking an 80 yard run against UAT, and Courtney Taylor's miraculous catches from the arm of Jason Campbell and can only imagine what is to come in 2005.

Continuing down Donahue and circling around Jordan-Hare Stadium I passed the Haley Center and thought about class and how much I have learned both in and out of that place in my short time at Auburn. Going through the Quad I passed Lupton Hall and remembered many late nights spent there with friends last year and could again picture tailgaters everywhere across the grass.

Going up Mell Street I remembered the familiar path to the library and how many hours I have spent in that place pulling my hair out, but remembered that I will one day be grateful for doing it. As I got back to the Hill I passed Boyd Hall, my home from last year and recounted all the memories there, saw many good lookin sorostitues everywhere, and ended my run at my dorm where I am an RA this year and thought about all the great opportunities that has already presented.

I got chills passing JHS walking back from class and am going nuts waiting for kickoff. Of course the first random song in my iTunes when I got back here was "War Eagle" which just added to my frenzy. I am so excited about a new year at Auburn and am so blessed to be a part of such an amazing place and family.

Sorry for such a long post. I just had all that inside and wanted to share it and hope many of you understand where I am coming from and understand the passion I have for Auburn. WarTim, hurry and call the Nip and get this season started!

Ward, it is very refreshing to read the thoughts of a young AU student and to see that you "get it". :au: College is as much about learning of LIFE as it is the lessons you are taught in the classroom each day.

Enjoy each and every moment of your AU experience. It will be over well before you want it to be.

As for the "Nip", I am on the lookout. :au::football::thumbsup:

I remember walking past JHS and watching the the TV crews set up for the game on Saturday. That would get me all pumped up.

Ward, it is very refreshing to read the thoughts of a young AU student and to see that you "get it". :au:   College is as much about learning of LIFE as it is the lessons you are taught in the classroom each day.

Enjoy each and every moment of your AU experience. It will be over well before you want it to be.

As for the "Nip", I am on the lookout.  :au:   :football:   :thumbsup:

175651[/snapback]

Tim, call the nip already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The cool weather is not coming anytime soon!!!!!!!!! It was so freakin' hot on Saturday that I got sick after working outside for a mere hour!!!! No relief is in sight, except if you call it already!!! :au:

The "Nip" WILL be called, even if by default, before kickoff. :au:

I am looking for a sign, any sign whatsoever. I just haven't seen any...yet. :(

It's supposed to "cool down" to the high 80's by the end of the week in Auburn so maybe you could call it then......PLEEEEAAASSEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL SEPTEMBER 3RD!!!!!! WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!!!

Guest Tigrinum Major

Nice post, WarDlowe. Just by chance, I have been in Auburn myself for a short period of time (a couple hours each time) for three of the past four weekends. I always drive through campus and just look around.

The best is driving down Wire Road and seeing the stadium come into view. Magnificent!

Archived