Keldrick Faulk Named Preseason All American By 247

ellitor

Auburn's Keldric Faulk named preseason freshman All-American by 247Sports

"I ain't never seen a freshman like that. He's going to be special here, definitely going to be special."

Auburn's top-rated 2023 recruit continues to receive plenty of acknowledgement this preseason.

Keldric Faulk has been named to 247Sports' annual preseason Freshman All-American squad, announced Thursday morning. He's one of five defensive linemen on the list, joining Miami's Rueben Bain, Clemson's Peter Woods, and Nebraska's Cameron Lenhardt and Princewill Umanmielen.

"I told him, 'The next two years, you're gonna be an All-American,'" outside linebacker Jalen McLeod said of Faulk this week.

The No. 74 overall prospect in the country, Faulk flipped from Florida State on signing day to become Auburn's best defensive line recruit since Marlon Davidson and Derrick Brown in 2016.

At a monstrous 6-foot-6 and 288 pounds, Faulk initially played the "jack" outside linebacker position upon arriving at Auburn in the spring, but has since switched to defensive end, where he's been the starter for most of preseason camp.

"That boy's special," Auburn nose tackle Justin Rogers said. "I ain't never seen a freshman like that. He's going to be special here, definitely going to be special. To me, it's like how he picks up on football quick and just — he's like a sponge. He picks stuff up real quick, so he's definitely going to be a special kid here."

Check out the full 247Sports Freshman All-American team here.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

21 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

He’s been starting from day 1? That’s pretty nuts 

Agreed!  To come in as a Freshman and grab a starting spot on either the DL or OL is insane!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

He’s been starting from day 1? That’s pretty nuts 

I have predicted him to be a starter by week 4 since spring, but has he officially been named a starter? Did I miss that in the article above?

47 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I have predicted him to be a starter by week 4 since spring, but has he officially been named a starter? Did I miss that in the article above?

@Tigerpro2a It's not necessarily in the article above but in most reports that have covered the DL KF has been with the 1s nearly all the time. That's why you seeing us reading into it that he will start.

2 hours ago, woodford said:

He will be remembered at Freeze’s first big recruiting win when it’s all said and done

Makes the Bolden thing feel better in hindsight with this guy being a potential  monster 

On 8/19/2023 at 7:52 AM, ellitor said:

@Tigerpro2a It's not necessarily in the article above but in most reports that have covered the DL KF has been with the 1s nearly all the time. That's why you seeing us reading into it that he will start.

Got ya....just the way I read the other post made me feel like it was actually declared in the article. Thanks. He is going to be our next Marlon D I do believe. 3-4 year starter.

Add ON3 to the hype machine 

• Love 1