Mets Braves

LPTiger

So, night before last Alonzo hit a hanging breaking pitch from Elder 448 feet.   When he got back to the dugout he screamed at Elder "throw it again, please, throw it again."   When asked about it post game, Elder said he didn't hear what had been said.   When informed he said "if I hit one that far, I might holler too."   Last night they were matched up again.   This time Elder didn't hang one.   Nope, Elder hit him square in the back --  with a fastball.   Alonzo quietly took his medicine and jogged to first.   He knew he deserved it.   One reason why I love baseball.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LPTiger said:

So, night before last Alonzo hit a hanging breaking pitch from Elder 448 feet.   When he got back to the dugout he screamed at Elder "throw it again, please, throw it again."   When asked about it post game, Elder said he didn't hear what had been said.   When informed he said "if I hit one that far, I might holler too."   Last night they were matched up again.   This time Elder didn't hang one.   Nope, Elder hit him square in the back --  with a fastball.   Alonzo quietly took his medicine and jogged to first.   He knew he deserved it.   One reason why I love baseball.

I think you mean the series played back in June. I watch CBS Sports WFAN at 6:00 am and Boomer and Gio made a big deal out of it back in June because the Braves ended up winning that game. 

After blasting a 448-foot two-run homer Tuesday, Alonso was recorded yelling toward Elder, "Throw it again! Throw it again, please! Throw it again," in reference to the right-hander's hanging slider.Jun 7, 2023

Also moved to non Auburn sports 

• Like 1