Is it time to fire an Assistant Coach?

W.E.D

14 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

In fairness, team discipline had been lacking for years. I was optimistic but as soon as the first game was played out, I witnessed the same lack of accountability and mistakes. I gave him the latitude to rectify those but it never happened. In the end, you are what you allow as a leader. His talk was just that. All hat and no cattle. 

Great way to put it.  I think I will always pull for whoever our coach is until we have reason not to. I tend to hang with them too long, but will probably continue to do so. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Great way to put it.  I think I will always pull for whoever our coach is until we have reason not to. I tend to hang with them too long, but will probably continue to do so. 

I do not pump the sunshine just to do so. I try to be realistic but a lot of times I find myself giving credit where it is not warranted.

I will say this. Auburn looked different to me than in years past. Even contrasting better Auburn teams of the recent past. I am not saying that I think Auburn will win big this year. What I am saying is that the clues I look for were seen Saturday. One is penalties. Auburn didn't have stupid mistakes like jumping offsides, illegal procedure, or delay of game penalties that have plagued Auburn and were avoidable. Second is adjusting on the fly. Why wait till halftime? Auburn didn't Saturday. It was refreshing. Thirdly, Auburn WRs caught the ball and was able to run after catching it. It seemed to me in the past that Auburn was always playing with one arm strapped behind their back. 

Now it was just UMass Saturday. So I am taking it with cautious optimism. I saw a glimpse of what Auburn's program could be Saturday. That is what I got excited about. Yes the defense needs work. Yes the LB play was bad. For once I don't feel like the problems will keep manifesting in the same manner year after year. I feel Freeze's staff will work it out. Recruiting or otherwise. 

• Like 4

The atmosphere and culture on this team is night and day from Harsin.  It's possible to call players and coaches out in this culture without alienating them.  It's going to be a while but I'm very optimistic we are headed in the right direction for a change.  Now if we can just clean up the bulletin boards and quit calling players platers and referring to our "fist game". Fans gotta be accountable too. 😀

3 hours ago, HAPvsOA said:

no way. he reeled in Perry Thompson. 

You are absolutely correct!

You must of not seen  /s in my post. 

My Bad

Edited by AUGoo
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

A couple last I heard

We had two coaches who were a couple? We ARE progressive…