Artice from AJC

sportwareagle

Just thought I'd share this. It sure did get me worked up for Sept. 3rd. The article's not very long, but the answers are; however, some of those are what you need to read to get as upset as I am right now! (However, some of them actually back up AU.)

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/custom/b...early_answ.html

Stewart Mandel from SI.com had an answer to this:

"A prominent Atlanta columnist predicted this week that Georgia Tech not only would win at Jordan-Hare on opening night but that the two teams would finish with the same record: 7-5. Apparently no one's bothered to tell him how good Auburn's defense is. The Tigers might not score much, but there's a distinct possibility stadium workers will need to scrape Jackets QB Reggie Ball off the turf afterward."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writ...lbag/index.html

Guest Tigrinum Major

There are other things in that "column" that are not very well thought out/intelligent.

Don't put too much stock in these "experts".

Oh, I definitely know that. I was just posting it because people had asked what people in Atlanta were thinking about the AU v. GT game so I thought I'd share. However, some of the GT people that replied are going to be in for a rude awakening in 9 days, 6 horus, and 12 minutes!!!!!

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL SEPTEMBER 3RD!!!!!

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!

Calvin Johnson will get his and P.J. Daniels may score a short-yardage TD, but Reggie Ball is going to spend more time on his backside looking toward heaven praying for relief than he will looking downfield for his receivers. The Auburn defense will come out smokin' and will get at least 5 sacks and one TD. The Auburn offense may sputter a little out the gates, but the GT offense will get beaten down from continually starting deep in their own end.

I'm so ready for this game I could rip a pigskin in half with my teeth. Just think how ready The Predator is for this game.... Reggie Ball must be scrambling in his sleep to get away from the McClover nightmares.

what the heck, i got time.... here goes.

Q: Which quarterback will have the better year — Georgia Tech’s Reggie Ball or Georgia’s D.J. Shockley?

A: Shockley. He's a better player playing with a better oline and a better defense. he won't have to press to score b/c 21 points will win almost every game on the schedule. i don't think the same can be said for tech.

Q: Which team will win more games — Auburn or Georgia Tech?

A: Auburn with 9, Tech with 6. pretty good for both.

Q: Which legend will resign by season’s end — Bobby Bowden or Joe Paterno?

A: Neither. JoePa has a decent year getting back to a bowl and decides to stick around. Papa Bowden isn't even close. Plus, he's got the new challenge of winning the conference championship game. No way he leaves before he does that.

Q: Roughly how many times a game will Georgia align itself in the wishbone?

A: Once or twice. think auburn's option running last year.

Q: If Bobby Bowden indeed quits, will Mark Richt leave for Florida State?

A: Depends on the money

Q: If Richt doesn’t take the FSU job, who’ll get it?

A: Oddly enough, maybe bobby petrino. He seems to fit the urban meyer, excite the fans, only run an offense against inferior competition kind of hire.

Q: Will double coverage prevent Calvin Johnson from being a game-changer?

A: No, he's a really good player. His numbers will dip though mostly because ball can't throw into double coverage.

Q: Which of Georgia’s many running backs will have the bigger season?

A: Thomas Brown. he's the best runner with the most diverse skill set, ie. best receiver too. danny ware will be the short yardage guy that is going to play the jerome bettis-steal-your-fantasy-numbers role.

Q: How long into the season will it take for Steve Spurrier to suggest he made a mistake in taking the South Carolina job?

A: He won't. he'll get them in a bowl this year, and that might be enough to win conference coach of the year.

Q: How long into the season will Florida fans start saying they prefer Urban Meyer’s spread offense to you-know-who’s Fun ‘n’ Gun?

A: Before they even see it, and they'll all be liars. and it's called the spread option.

Q: If Mack Brown wins the national championship, will Texas fans finally admit the guy’s a pretty good coach after all?

A: Most of them say that already. i talk to a texas guy multiple times a week.

Q: Which Tennessee quarterback will get most of the snaps?

A: Erik Ainge, but they'd be a better team with Rick Clausen under center.

Q: If Paterno indeed quits, who gets the Penn State job?

A: Who knows? what is appealling about that job? what? following a legend? a depleted roster? a losing big ten tradition? looking up at annually powerful teams? they're going to have to get creative in the coaching search because this is a worse situation than bama's, and we've all seen how far down the list they've had to go.

Q: How long before Bobby Petrino leaves Louisville?

A: Couple years. he's got a good situation in the big east, but the ego won't let him stay too long.

Q: P.J. Daniels led the ACC in rushing in 2003. Will he lead Tech in rushing in 2005?

A: Yes, barring injury.

Q: How long will it take for some Georgia fans to proclaim Brian VanGorder “the real brains” behind the Bulldogs’ recent success?

A: They won't. georgia fans are smart football fans. they know he'll be missed, but they know richt turned that team around.

Q: So Georgia will lose to Boise?

A: Nope, and it won't be close.

Q: How many of these answers will prove correct?

A: More than the guy who originally wrote this article.

Archived