*Official Auburn vs. LSU Game Thread*

abw0004

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Come on man. Bruce had a losing record his first 2 years at AU. Hugh has only coached 6 games.

A losing record with a program that was used to losing records prior to his arrival, but he won over the community and fanbase, Hugh hasn't, and that's not saying he can't, I like his vision in recruiting when it comes to building a program, but from the current team and the on field product it doesn't look like players have bought in and it's sad all around 

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

It’s a forum. Everyone can see it. I don’t hide. 
You are arguing from a position of emotional ignorance. 
We get it, you don’t like the guy. And that’s OK. But at least complain about rational issues and not something that is not even a real issue. 
And if I ever get aggressive, you won’t have to worry about any passivity.

I don't like the guy? I have literally praised the guy all off-season what are u talking about? Lol

I believe Harsin had a few more players on the team in his first year that had NFL potential. Still no excuse for the identity crisis Auburn currently has

4 minutes ago, keesler said:

Excuse me!  He spent the bye week personally calling every players parent giving them updates and honest evaluations of where their kids are relative to the team and performance level.  He also spent time building recruiting relationships and selling Auburn to try to get flip and much needed talent. 

Oh, that’s right. I guess he didn’t have time to prepare for LSU since he was so busy.

I think it’s my fault for getting my hopes up for this season. Preseason you read about all the transfers coming in and it gave me a false sense we were going to be decent. We have such a long way to go before can actually field a competitive team against SEC competition. 

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

A losing record with a program that was used to losing records prior to his arrival, but he won over the community and fanbase, Hugh hasn't, and that's not saying he can't, I like his vision in recruiting when it comes to building a program, but from the current team and the on field product it doesn't look like players have bought in and it's sad all around 

IMO, still to early to judge that. He came in late. Had to bring in P5 players. I'm not sure what else he could do . My question for him is why all the QB swapping. But , to question if he wants to be at AU is a big stretch,  IMO. Just curious, what exactly u want him to do to win over the community?

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

IMO, still to early to judge that. He came in late. Had to bring in P5 players. I'm not sure what else he could do . My question for him is why all the QB swapping. But , to question if he wants to be at AU is a big stretch,  IMO

I don't necessarily think it's a big stretch, it's the big school that gave him a shot, much like Bruce but I don't think he has embraced it like Bruce did, which when Bruce did it was crucial, u buy yourself a lot of time with that. So that's why my previous statement and when there is lack of effort and fire that stands out more. Like I said I like his recruiting vision but can he build the program as a whole and take it to the next level. That is the question 

3 minutes ago, fishepa said:

I think it’s my fault for getting my hopes up for this season. Preseason you read about all the transfers coming in and it gave me a false sense we were going to be decent. We have such a long way to go before can actually field a competitive team against SEC competition. 

In your defense, the incoming transfers were boosted up by a lot of the guys on this board that have their thumb on recruiting and post tons of stats about them and AU’s portal rankings, etc.  I’m just as guilty of absorbing the positivity and accolades thrown on those transfers and thinking they would immediately boost the talent deficiency this season.  

@NWALA Tigerin response to your other question I just haven't felt a "that's my coach" with HF even tho I really want him to be successful. And I want these players to be successful, I'm just not feeling that energy and that camaraderie around the program at the moment.