*Official Auburn vs. LSU Game Thread*

abw0004

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

It’s our job to stop em. 

Agreed. He’s just been trying to shorten this game the whole 4th quarter. AU can’t stop **** at this point. Oh well.

I didn't think Auburn would win this game, but thought they would put up a better show than this. I wonder if it's time to play freshmen and take redshirts of those who are redshirted this year and give them experience. 

• Like 1

Just now, E'Town4Bama said:

I'm glad I put my money on the tigers!

Why are you here, to gloat?

It’s not about losing, it’s the fact that we look incompetent, and we aren’t competing. Last year at least toward the end we were competing , even if the results seemed bleak.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

The other thing that I see is I was hoping Freeze wouldnt be as stubborn as Gus/Harsin when it comes to player change. Payton Thorne is obviously not getting it done and is not even the interim solution but he keeps rolling him out there...seems to be pretty stubborn to me...

I wonder if a reporter will have to balls to ask him the flat out what he sees in this QB switcheroo and what he sees in PT that makes him keep the guy on the field?  I’d like to hear HF’s response. 

9 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

I thought Harsin was bad. This is a new level of crap. With OU and TX coming in next year, we will remain in the bottom five of an even bigger conference. Awful coaching. We won’t win 6 this year. Most inept O I have ever seen at AU since the Barfield days. Shame in game 6 against at least 3 inferior opponents, the new HC QB guru can’t even come up with a game plan to get a QB over 100. 

Barfield had good offenses. His defenses weren’t good

Edited by jluvah

Time for a very serious “Come to Jesus” for Hugh Freeze.

Some assistants need to be reassigned.

Some players need to be demoted.

But decisions need to be made.

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

I believe it will take time but I don’t like that fact that we aren’t showing any progression. 

I am with you buddy. This is just painful and inexcusable for Auburn football 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

This is why I laugh when I see people think we can beat Bama. This is not a good team folks. And no I don’t think it’s because it’s an ineptitude of complete lack of talent. 

As I said in some earlier posts, HF can recruit, but he in no such way is special as an OC or HC. Recruit all you want, but if the coaches aren’t capable, it’s a moot point. Look no further than Deion blowing a 29 point halftime lead over a 1/4 team. His two way 5 star CB and WR got so burned all night, he is probably needing to soak in calamine. At this point, we got to ride with HF, because of the stupidity of still paying 2 former coaches to go away. 

I was hoping to look a little more competitive after how we played UGA. 
Now I see we matched up against a lesser QB better than we did against JD. 
There are many times their offense makes a mistake, but he comes back and covers it easily. And the talent he has around him is potent. I hope we get there eventually. 
As a fan, it’s not fun. But I have to believe we are moving toward a better future. 

I just hope that some of you big money influencers don’t shut it down too quickly!

He just refuses to leave RA and let him run the offense. The team seems to at least get a spark. Lately he has been making good decisions. He definitely needs to make a decision who qb1 is

3 minutes ago, nthemix said:

said it week 1 & got blasted … Thorne can’t play … Ashford isn’t great BUT gives us the best chance to compete

At least with Robby and Cobb, I feel like there's a spark. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

It’s not about losing, it’s the fact that we look incompetent, and we aren’t competing. Last year at least toward the end we were competing , even if the results seemed bleak.

Yep that's the thing, I'm all about giving hugh his time but we look like a d2 team and seem to be regressing 

I’ve been prepared for this stretch since last winter. Most were.  Was hoping to see progress but whats really caught me off guard is the lack of passion.  Sideline is a morgue. We’re as exciting as watch my car idle.

Payton sure avoids contact on his runs. Barely gets across down marker on the sideline with the LSU back still 5 yards away. WTF?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Yep that's the thing, I'm all about giving hugh his time but we look like a d2 team and seem to be regressing 

I would love for the media to ask him the hard questions but it won’t happen. It’s already old. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zamps1976 said:

Were due a good qb atleast once every 10-12 years. Our year coming 

Hell we would just run his ass off like every other a decent qb we signed in the last 10 years. Bo Nix says hi.  

• Like 1