*Official Auburn vs. LSU Game Thread*

abw0004

5 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Who wants to bet that Montgomery will not be the play caller the rest of the season? 

Who really cares at this point its Freeze's team and he has done a piss por job running things so far a big ole F.

Just now, keesler said:

As long as the committed recruits don’t notice how bad the coaching is, I think we’ll be okay.  Maybe they won’t notice some of the boneheaded player rotation or the cemetery-like sideline demeanor right now. 

Commits are so confusing, money seems to be the biggest barometer. Guys committing to bad coached teams. I just wish we would quit running out the same players who seem to not show improvement . 

11 minutes ago, meh130 said:

Time for a very serious “Come to Jesus” for Hugh Freeze.

Some assistants need to be reassigned.

Some players need to be demoted.

But decisions need to be made.

Bro, he did that all of the off season. He didn’t have time to recruit 85 SECTop Level Talent kids. Face it. We have a real roster problem and we won’t fix it until maybe year three. We probably have less talent than we did when Pinebox came to Auburn. CHF Will get us there. We need more talent and maybe a better OC. I hear Dan Mullen needs a job. 

• Like 1

Just now, WarrrEagleHey said:

They looked completely demoralized. 

And they should be when we can’t even throw and catch when we are wide open. It’s shameful from the top down just how underprepared we are for these games, especially after two weeks off. It’s sad. 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

It’s not about losing. It’s how we are losing. Did you see the camera panning at our players…I don’t like that. They looked completely lost and not confident. 

The sideline capture early in the game when we went down 20-7 and two of our guys were dancing and laughing on the sideline was a bad look. Hugh and his staff have a lot of work to rebuild this program on and off the field. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

I really loved the Auburn Eagle days when bammers were banned

Let’s bring this back please. Thank you.

• Like 1

Just now, Auburn Tiger said:

And they should be when we can’t even throw and catch when we are wide open. It’s shameful from the top down just how underprepared we are for these games, especially after two weeks off. It’s sad. 

You shut your dirty whorish mouth! - signed - Frazier #87

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

The sideline capture early in the game when we went down 20-7 and two of our guys were dancing and laughing on the sideline was a bad look. Hugh and his staff have a lot of work to rebuild this program on and off the field. 

Yep, it’s time to be the bad guy. People hate Nick Saban but he was a major a**hole to that first Bama team he coached and rightfully. So he did not give a damn if you were a senior or not. 

9 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Geeze, am I the only one who expected LSU to win?

No and the most sensible comment of the evening……..my first and last experience with with the AUF official game thread.

Just now, DAG said:

Yep, it’s time to be the bad guy. People hate Nick Saban but he was a major a**hole to that first Bama team he coached and rightfully. So he did not give a damn if you were a senior or not. 

We want the same results, but do we really want to do that to guys who chose to be AU tigers?

Not all of them are transfers and NIL heroes. 

7 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Spot on. It's like folks  forget that. Saban wouldn't win 7 games w thus rag tag, duct tape roster

And this is where we are on todays date. 

I'll also say has HF even said war eagle more than like twice? I've kept this in for a while but it also seems to me that's he's not completely not bought into AU 

• Facepalm 1

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

I'll also say has HF even said war eagle more than like twice? I've kept this in for a while but it also seems to me that's he's not completely not bought into AU 

Dude, he says it anytime he’s interviewed.

• Like 1

We are a very bad Football team at this point. Defense has looked the best. Offense is hard to watch. Auburn isn't playing good Football.

Edited by Muscle Shoals Tiger
  • Like 1

It’s easy to say we need more talent, but tonight I finally had to acknowledge the truth that our roster is more Group of 5 level than Power 5 level. Especially amongst the SEC. LSU is stocked with a lot of 4 and 5 star talent and we countered with guys from Purdue, East Carolina, Vandy, and North Texas. That’s not going to end well. We have to weather next week and come out of this ‘4 ranked teams in 4 weeks’ storm were in. Get enough wins to get a bowl and some extra practice time. 

I was happy to see that there were several new players getting more reps this week like Ryan Frazier, Caleb Burton, and Camden Brown. Tells me (and the team) that playing time this week doesn’t mean playing time next week.  

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Come on man, you are better than that.

A QB who won’t sacrifice himself for his team on 4th down for 2 more yards and runs out of bounds? Yeah, I’m better than that…

• Facepalm 1

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

It’s easy to say we need more talent, but tonight I finally had to acknowledge the truth that our roster is more Group of 5 level than Power 5 level. Especially amongst the SEC. LSU is stocked with a lot of 4 and 5 star talent and we countered with guys from Purdue, East Carolina, Vandy, and North Texas. That’s not going to end well. We have to weather next week and come out of this ‘4 ranked teams in 4 weeks’ storm were in. Get enough wins to get a bowl and some extra practice time. 

Welcome. Get here early for a good seat and hot coffee. 

• Like 1

Just now, CCTAU said:

We want the same results, but do we really want to do that to guys who chose to be AU tigers?

Only thing that matters to me is who is giving 110% on and off the field. That is a lot more to me than someone showing up, wearing Auburn. Usually the first year, the program and players are energized regardless of results, today was the first day that I saw coaches and players look demoralized. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

Dude, he says it anytime he’s interviewed.

What?! I have literally not heard it a single time he's interviewed, not a single one

• Facepalm 1

57 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Exposed? lol! We’ve sucked all season!

No where near this bad! I wonder what Hugh did the week off? Go duck hunting??

1 minute ago, e808 said:

Unpopular opinion if Alston can go next week it would be him and Battie. JH would be third and try to establish the run game early

Yeah I’m assuming that JH is dealing with some sort of injury that’s making him a sucky-to-avg football player right now.

2 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Being too much of a "I'm a nice fun guy" so he doesn't scare away any potential commits (who are 50/50 to decommit anyway)? Has kinda looked that way - to his detriment.