*Official Auburn vs. Ole Miss Game Thread*

abw0004

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

The thing for me is while he is running to the sideline throw it away, 3rd and 2 vs 3rd and 6.

Running play. Penalty for lineman downfield 

Just now, bigbird said:

Yes!, please! 

Not happening. I’m pretty sure Hugh is even more stubborn than Gus. This is complete bullsh*t. If we lose this game, it’s because our offense is completely inept. That’s Hugh’s fault.

• Like 2

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

I will be so glad…so DAYUM glad when I see the headline, “Peyton Thorn Enters The Tranfer Portal.” 

The much better headline, "Auburn signs two 5 star and one 4 star receivers".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bishoptf said:

Going to need the defense to score some points since our coaching staff can't decide on a qb and can't call plays....

And no one to execute what is called. Not a good couple of choices.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Blaming that on Thorne is dumb

And you're not

I'm tired of seeing Thorne out there...he has no reason to be out there he has not done anything in...well like forever. I think Robbie gives us more of a chance to win, thorne is not the guy but freeze keeps running him out there over and over and over...its not working so why keep doing it...

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

The thing for me is while he is running to the sideline throw it away, 3rd and 2 vs 3rd and 6.

100%. It's just as bad as Thorne bailing to the sidelines yards behind the sticks to avoid a hit. 

• Like 1

Just now, fishepa said:

It’s insane. 

I mean I just wish I understood the thought process.  I mean even people who don’t watch football can clearly see bringing in Thorne stalls this offense.  

• Like 1

Just now, cbo said:

He’s been awful but who could succeed getting thrown out there repeatedly on 3rd and long? 

Tough job out there when no one is getting open. Need someone who can buy time in the pocket and he ain’t it.

• Like 1

Just now, bishoptf said:

I'm tired of seeing Thorne out there...he has no reason to be out there he has not done anything in...well like forever. I think Robbie gives us more of a chance to win, thorne is not the guy but freeze keeps running him out there over and over and over...its not working so why keep doing it...

I can agree with a lot of that.  Doesn't mean Thorne messed that play up. 

• Like 1

Just now, bishoptf said:

Thorne may be a nice guy away from football but clearly he’s continuing to stall this offense just about every time he comes in.  It makes zero sense.  

• Like 1

Just now, maryland tiger said:

I tried telling you all that Hugh is Gus 2.0. He can talk about needing talent but it won't change anything. This is really sickening to see. 

I’ve been wondering the same for a while. Many similarities. 

We had it second and two and proceeded to lose yardage on the next two plays. There is no rhyme or reason to this offensive strategy. With that brilliant offensive series don't be surprised if the levee breaks.

2 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Man, defense shows life and offense stinks it up. Offense shows life and defense stinks it up. Can we just play solid on both sides of the ball at the same time?

you're following the wrong school