*Official Auburn vs. Ole Miss Game Thread*

abw0004

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Before someone says "wHy dIdN't wE dO tHiS aLL nIGht!?!?"

Because OM wasn't playing zone and allowing underneath throws all night so we'd have to burn clock to move the ball downfield.  That's not how it works.

Completely agree and was thinking the same. 

ALSO, we could have easily put our offense in a better position to succeed. 

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

Exactly. PT might not be great, but there's no way he's as bad as this coaching staff has made him look. 

He’s not. You don’t throw for 6,000 yards in the Big Ten if you’re that bad. Hugh ruined that kid’s career. I’d be on the phone giving Freeze the ole Pat Nix special if I was Thorne’s dad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, murpjf88 said:

Ole Miss could rush one and Thorne would still find a way to get sacked for a loss. 

This. 

1 minute ago, DKW 86 said:

Dude, take a damn breath. This guy beat CNS two games in a row. 

Do u know how long ago that was. Gus beat him more so what does that really mean 

• Thanks 2

Just now, Muscle Shoals Tiger said:

Needs to fire his Offensive Coordinator  now. 

Hugh has practically taken this over from everything I can gather. So we need a new HC?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cbo said:

Exactly. PT might not be great, but there's no way he's as bad as this coaching staff has made him look. 

I could have completed those passes vs that prevent OM played on the last drive.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KansasTiger said:

We weren't trying any type of a pass game until the last two drives. We never forced OM to have to make an adjustment till they wanted to. 6 freaking pass attempts.

Which of the pass attempts we did make gave you confidence we could do something there?  Was it the off targets throws?  The interceptions into double coverage?  Maybe the coverage sacks?  Or wait...the sacks where the QB barely got set before he was hit?  

Or the scintillating 4 yard completions to a TE?  That's it.

All I'm saying is, if you think that the last TD drive was indicative that we were leaving all sorts of passing yardage on the field...we weren't.  The passing game under normal defensive strategy is utterly inept and the last drive proves nothing.

• Like 1

Just now, e808 said:

I can confidently say with the defensive effort Auburn gave tonight Ole Miss would have lost this game with the previous two coaches 

Yep sad to say, when u look at it "potentially out of reach games" we have 3 out of 5 games with less than 230 yards of offense in the 4th quarter. I can't remember lsu but we were at like 208 before the hunter catch. It's just absolutely abysmal how bad this O is and the thing is idk if either of our previous 2 coaches would be worse in that aspect.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, nthemix said:

serious question … I realize that we are deficient in talent BUT has anyone seen anything with this staff that makes you excited about the future? 

None whatsoever.

• Like 2

The game wasn’t even close, and the offense is the worst I’ve seen. This is as bad or worse then the Tony Franklin Auburn offense. Of course Hugh will blame PM (and the players).

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

Maybe Thorne should try his luck at Oregon.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, KansasTiger said:

Hugh has practically taken this over from everything I can gather. So we need a new HC?

Yes let’s fire him now. Hugh sux. This team sux. The trainers sux. Fire’m all!

We’ll show these bastages how it’s done at AU!

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

Yes we could have. 

Our offense could also stop shooting itself in the foot any time we have something positive happen.

Just now, autiger88 said:

You might get banned for saying that lol 

Hell, half this board wanted him fired last week. Nobody's getting banned for slamming HF. 

lol.

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

I could have completed those passes vs that prevent OM played on the last drive.

Agree about the OM defense and already posted a comment saying so. 

But I don't believe Thorne or the offense would look this bad with a competent plan. 

• Like 4