House votes to cut Pete Buttigieg's salary to $1. Sponsored by MTG

AU9377

20 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yes I am.  If you have an important job that needs you attention it shows integrity if you actually show up.  It’s not like he will be absent from his family for weeks at a time, he is home every night.  Many families have started their family values under less than ideal situations.

Just because it’s *legal* doesn’t mean you have to use it if the situation dictates to do otherwise, but this is the way of Pete’s generation.  Pete was in the Navy Reserve, I wonder what happened to that Pete?

I guess it depends on the family values you were taught. I was taught and believe there is no job more important than your family. For me that means if you are offered any kind of family time off, you use all of it, no questions asked. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

So he took the leave because he could with no regard for the job he took to guard our transportation system.  Got it.  It was a bad look and set him up for ridicule which is well deserved.

This isn’t about family leave. 

10 hours ago, arein0 said:

I guess it depends on the family values you were taught. I was taught and believe there is no job more important than your family. For me that means if you are offered any kind of family time off, you use all of it, no questions asked. 

The balance between family and occupation has always been a struggle for every family.  If you are independently wealthy I guess you can devote your entire time with your family, but most have to balance what is good for a person to keep a professional life (and you duty to your country) and family requirements.

55 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The balance between family and occupation has always been a struggle for every family.  If you are independently wealthy I guess you can devote your entire time with your family, but most have to balance what is good for a person to keep a professional life (and you duty to your country) and family requirements.

I don't believe most of what you are saying here. It sounds like most of what you are saying is lack of priority. What I was taught is to pick 2 between family, fortune and fame. Because there isnt enough time in the day to be successful in all 3. For me, I chose 1, family and 2, fortune. 

Plus it is illegal for your place of work to fire you or retaliate (lowering salary) for taking approved pto or maternity/paternity leave

8 hours ago, arein0 said:

I don't believe most of what you are saying here. It sounds like most of what you are saying is lack of priority. What I was taught is to pick 2 between family, fortune and fame. Because there isnt enough time in the day to be successful in all 3. For me, I chose 1, family and 2, fortune. 

Plus it is illegal for your place of work to fire you or retaliate (lowering salary) for taking approved pto or maternity/paternity leave

Well, I’m glad you could do what you did to satisfy your family and your lust for fortune.  Somehow you don’t think I did.  I don’t simply think of fame or fortune, just providing for my family, which is the point.

A company can’t fire you for taking parental leave, but they can wonder in future endeavors, if you are really devoted to the cause and ready for more responsibility.  This is the part Mayor Pete will pay for in the long run.

Our transportation infrastructure is more third world than first world. They were headed that way long before Pete took over and will be there when he leaves and the Republicans take back the White House. Our airlines are a mess, we have no real passenger rail system, and the highways and bridges are in terrible shape. But let’s make sure to focus on a bureaucrat taking a few weeks of paternity leave. Because we know that’s how we got here. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

A company can’t fire you for taking parental leave, but they can wonder in future endeavors, if you are really devoted to the cause and ready for more responsibility.  This is the part Mayor Pete will pay for in the long run.

Do you know how fast that manager/company would lose respect of their current and future employees if that situation you described happened today?

1 minute ago, arein0 said:

Do you know how fast that manager/company would lose respect of their current and future employees if that situation you described happened today?

No, I don’t, but I do know that management of any company can hide their motives and it would be hard to prove.

Well, I’m glad you could do what you did to satisfy your family and your lust for fortune.  Somehow you don’t think I did.  I don’t simply think of fame or fortune, just providing for my family, which is the point.

Not sure where the petty insult came from when your last sentence is exactly what I'm describing and have been trying to say. 

Just now, arein0 said:

Not sure where the petty insult came from when your last sentence is exactly what I'm describing and have been trying to say. 

Then we agree.

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

No, I don’t, but I do know that management of any company can hide their motives and it would be hard to prove.

I guess it depends on the situation. In my line of work, it would be very obvious very quickly.

15 hours ago, arein0 said:

I guess it depends on the situation. In my line of work, it would be very obvious very quickly.

The situations affect the *white privileged* more than the ones on the *victimhood hierarchy* spectrum.  Case in point is Mayor Pete; he would be politically rebuked if not for his *victimhood*.

The *white privileged* have had to tip toe around those that are part of the *victimhood hierarchy* spectrum since at least 2010 or so in all corporations and it is even more so now.

• Facepalm 1

The situations affect the *white privileged* more than the ones on the *victimhood hierarchy* spectrum.  Case in point is Mayor Pete; he would be politically rebuked if not for his *victimhood*.

The *white privileged* have had to tip toe around those that are part of the *victimhood hierarchy* spectrum since at least 2010 or so in all corporations and it is even more so now.

Yeah, I'm not even going to try to understand what you are trying to say with this. Seems too far gone for me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, arein0 said:

Yeah, I'm not even going to try to understand what you are trying to say with this. Seems too far gone for me.

I knew you couldn’t understand.  Basically the victimhood status of a person has to be taken into consideration before any kind of critique or disapline is enacted in any corporation.  Mayor Pete qualifies.

• Facepalm 1

15 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I knew you couldn’t understand.  Basically the victimhood status of a person has to be taken into consideration before any kind of critique or disapline is enacted in any corporation.  Mayor Pete qualifies.

Yeah.  The traditionally powerless and marginalized people ruin everything for those of us who had the decency to be white, male, christian.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Like I said, too far gone.

41 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Yeah.  The traditionally powerless and marginalized people ruin everything for those of us who had the decency to be white, male, christian.

The *victimhood hierarchy* is not powerless, nor are they marginalized.  They are priviledged to the point of not being criticized and they are backed up by HR.  You need to update your information.

Edited by I_M4_AU
  • Facepalm 1

The *victimhood hierarchy* is not powerless, nor are they marginalized.  They are priviledged to the point of not being criticized and they are backed up by HR.  You need to update your information.

"Oh no...I can't bully my gay co-worker anymore without them going to HR and getting me in trouble!  Do lgbtq people have too many rights now a days?..Why am I so victimized!?" 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

"Oh no...I can't bully my gay co-worker anymore without them going to HR and getting me in trouble!  Do lgbtq people have too many rights now a days?..Why am I so victimized!?" 

Don’t beat yourself up like that.  I know your victimized and someday you might take responsiblity for your life.

5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Don’t beat yourself up like that.  I know your victimized and someday you might take responsiblity for your life.

Question:

Does it make YOU a part of the *victimhood hierarchy* if you're complaining that you are victimized by other victimized groups getting more benefits that you don't get because you aren't the *correct* victim? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Question:

Does it make YOU a part of the *victimhood hierarchy* if you're complaining that you are victimized by other victimized groups getting more benefits that you don't get because you aren't the *correct* victim? 

Where have I complained that I was a victim?  The left always likes to interject what they think a conservative thinks.

It’s not about one group getting more benefits than another, it’s that we really don’t need to break everything or everyone down in groups at all.

• Facepalm 1