Arkansas Post Game

Dwayne Pride

13 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

No you didn’t lol 

? Yes I did lol. Arkansas was a dreadful team. The prediction was more about them than us. I don’t know what I put in the predictions thread (I want to say 27-17) but yeah, there was no shot we lost that game or it being really close 

• Dislike 1

Just now, cbo said:

Maybe you are basing your ranking more on recent results/current status and I'm thinking more of the entire season. 

Either way is fine. They all suck. 

It’s hard to use transitive properties at this point.  Too many outcomes that contradict each other. 

How about this…none of them should beat us as long as we play the way we are capable.  

38 minutes ago, cbo said:

Some random thoughts:

• I can't believe how good the D has been all season.

CBO, not all season...   The D gave up FG, TD, TD in UGA's last 3 possessions.   That isn't good at all.   In LSU's last 4 possessions they gave up FG, TD, TD, TD and then 2 straight TD's the next week against Ole Miss on their first 2 possessions.   That stretch was historically bad.   The D has been good at times and really, really bad at times.

35 minutes ago, cbo said:

Some random thoughts:

• I can't believe how good the D has been all season. We are getting the most out of the available talent. You can clearly see it now that the O is playing well and not putting them in bad situations.
  • We will get at least 7 wins this season. I predicted 6 or 7, so I have no issue with the win/loss record. Success in my book. 
  • I wish we went with Thorne and ran pace on offense from the beginning of the season. Could have won one or two more. Freeze was clearly enamored with something about Ashford (probably athleticism) and it hasn't paid off. 
  • We have a top notch, deep stable of RBs.
  • WRs continue to disappoint. One in particular this game. Miss the easy catches way too often and never seem to make a difficult catch. 
  • I'm pretty sure Freeze sat Scott for one punt return, after he loafed on the TD. Koy Moore came in on the next return and then it was back to Scott. I like it. 
  • Wooten should expect jokes from his teammates all week. On that fumble return, he looked ... not fast. 
  • McPherson is a weapon. Hard to be perfect at anything and he's done it so far. 
  • We will give Bama a game at Jordan-Hare but they will pull away in the second half. We aren't ready yet, which is fine. Let's temper expectations, but at least I'm excited to watch the game. 

I agree with everything here. Especially the part about wishing Thorne would've been told game 1 that he would be the starter. Earlier this week Thorne told reporters that it has definitely made him alot more comfortable not looking over his shoulder thinking he would be benched for mistakes. 

Imo, if Hugh names Thorne QB1 early on and shows Payton that he has his back while also running tempo and being really hands-on in playcalling every game, I think Thorne and this team would've looked quiet a bit better. It would've helped our offense alot which in turn would help our defense even more. The only game we truly didn't have a chance to win was LSU. The others were winnable.

But atleast this team is beating the teams they're supposed to beat and are doing it by comfortable margins the past 3 weeks. I'm seeing progress from game to game and that's what I wanted to see in year 1. 

Today was a damn good day for the Auburn community. WDE

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dwayne Pride said:

It’s hard to use transitive properties at this point.  Too many outcomes that contradict each other. 

How about this…none of them should beat us as long as we play the way we are capable.  

Absolutely. Look at us. We agree. 

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

? Yes I did lol. Arkansas was a dreadful team. The prediction was more about them than us. I don’t know what I put in the predictions thread (I want to say 27-17) but yeah, there was no shot we lost that game or it being really close 

Not often the betting lines miss it that much. They were giving us 2 I believe.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Fair enough. I had AU getting whipped. Just didn’t have the faith in the team. I was wrong 

• Like 3

Just now, Hank2020 said:

Not often the betting lines miss it that much. They were giving us 2 I believe.

I don’t think Auburn has a ton of love generally speaking, and they may have overrated the Florida win + competent Alabama performance. I think there’s a bit of a correction after this game though 

1 hour ago, autiger88 said:

How long till WarTiger changes the title name? 😂

Right after this post 😅🤡

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don’t think Auburn has a ton of love generally speaking, and they may have overrated the Florida win + competent Alabama performance. I think there’s a bit of a correction after this game though 

It’s not generally about the Love, it’s about the $$$$, Lol

Just now, LPTiger said:

CBO, not all season...   The D gave up FG, TD, TD in UGA's last 3 possessions.   That isn't good at all.   In LSU's last 4 possessions they gave up FG, TD, TD, TD and then 2 straight TD's the next week against Ole Miss on their first 2 possessions.   That stretch was historically bad.   The D has been good at times and really, really bad at times.

I disagree and this has been kind of annoying me all season (no, I'm not annoyed at you). I think the fans haven't given the D enough credit. 

The D gave up 27 to UGA, the #1 team in the nation. One of the few games where we have been completely outmatched by talent. That's not bad. That's fine.

Yes the ending sucked. But possibly the best player, regardless of position, killed us. That happens. By the way, UGA just put up 28 in the second quarter against OM. 

I admit the bottom fell out against LSU. But they have one of the best offenses in the nation and we were playing at one of the hardest stadiums in the country. And once again, our offense was doing nothing to help.

Ole Miss is also great on offense, averaging 39 points a game. We held them to 28. 

There's no way that's historically bad. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

We were 2-5 against the spread before MS State. Obviously beat the spread in the last 3. So I agree there is a correction coming.

• Like 1

Arkansas sucks but it was nice just to see use execute our O and move the ball. Thorne still telegraphed too many passes, but he made much better decisions. I like that he is not afraid to run the ball and 90% of the time bolts north instead of dancing around. Props again to our D for a solution performance. I can’t remember the last SEC we had that I enjoyed the 4th quarter being stress free. Again, I know Arkansas sucks but today will help us down the stretch and during bowl practice. 

• Like 1

I don't know how good or bad Arkansas is. The losses to BYU & Miss St were ugly. But the rest of their games were pretty well played, even when they lost. Did y'all hear the announcers say that Ark coaches & players said they had a great week of practice, a new pep in their step after their win in Gainsville? I did not have a good feeling about this game b/c we've just been so inconsistent, so prone to shoot ourselves in the foot, & haven't played well on the road. Sometimes being wrong is a great feeling! :)  I hope we continue to improve & are able to hang with Bama. A big win, good recruiting news... Been a long time since I've enjoyed a football Saturday so much! Thanks Tigers!

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

Holden has an arm, you can tell by the way he sells those pass fakes. 

Ole Robbie's 1 throw/1 int pretty well snuffed any more passes for the backups this game.

Fwiw 2013 largely happened because Auburn's play action that season was so good it could freeze the sun. Handoff nuances matters.

5 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Ole Robbie's 1 throw/1 int pretty well snuffed any more passes for the backups this game.

Fwiw 2013 largely happened because Auburn's play action that season was so good it could freeze the sun. Handoff nuances matters.

The best at that I ever saw was the Alabama quarterback that grew up an Auburn fan. Tall, lanky, dark headed.  

Holloway, maybe?  Gary, maybe?  

He could freeze a DB with a handoff, have the ball behind his back and then zip a 20 yard completion. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cbo said:

I disagree and this has been kind of annoying me all season (no, I'm not annoyed at you). I think the fans haven't given the D enough credit. 

The D gave up 27 to UGA, the #1 team in the nation. One of the few games where we have been completely outmatched by talent. That's not bad. That's fine.

Yes the ending sucked. But possibly the best player, regardless of position, killed us. That happens. By the way, UGA just put up 28 in the second quarter against OM. 

I admit the bottom fell out against LSU. But they have one of the best offenses in the nation and we were playing at one of the hardest stadiums in the country. And once again, our offense was doing nothing to help.

Ole Miss is also great on offense, averaging 39 points a game. We held them to 28. 

There's no way that's historically bad. 

CBO, respectfully you said the D had been good ALL season. I say they have been good at times but have also had some inconsistent historical failures.  In the last 3 possessions against UGA the D gave up 244 yards and 17 points at home-- one drive was 98 yards.   When we needed our D to step up so we could win the game and end their 26 game win streak, our D threw up all over themselves.   Granted we held them to 27 but we caused/they handed us 2 turnovers.   The D was good for 3 quarters and very, very bad for 1.  Giving up scores, including 5 TD's, in 6 consecutive possessions against LSU and OLE Miss isn't good at all.   How many times has an AU defense ever given up points in 6 consecutive possessions?   I guess it comes down to how you define "good."   To me, not getting a single stop in 6 possessions, is very, very far from good.      

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

The best at that I ever saw was the Alabama quarterback that grew up an Auburn fan. Tall, lanky, dark headed.  

Holloway, maybe?  Gary, maybe?  

He could freeze a DB with a handoff, have the ball behind his back and then zip a 20 yard completion. 

Gary Hollingsworth.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

CBO, respectfully you said the D had been good ALL season. I say they have been good at times but have also had some inconsistent historical failures.  In the last 3 possessions against UGA the D gave up 244 yards and 17 points at home-- one drive was 98 yards.   When we needed our D to step up so we could win the game and end their 26 game win streak, our D threw up all over themselves.   Granted we held them to 27 but we caused/they handed us 2 turnovers.   The D was good for 3 quarters and very, very bad for 1.  Giving up scores, including 5 TD's, in 6 consecutive possessions against LSU and OLE Miss isn't good at all.   How many times has an AU defense ever given up points in 6 consecutive possessions?   I guess it comes down to how you define "good."   To me, not getting a single stop in 6 possessions, is very, very far from good.      

It is fair to mention this one of the worst Auburn offenses ever until we started playing the scrubs in the back end of this schedule. And we have very poor depth. Big factors 

• Like 1

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It is fair to mention this one of the worst Auburn offenses ever until we started playing the scrubs in the back end of this schedule. And we have very poor depth. Big factors 

100%.   Since we settled on Thorne and began to play better on O, our D has had to defend less snaps.

• Like 2