Arkansas Post Game

Dwayne Pride

It’s a team that’s getting better. The Auburn team that played at Cal would have struggled or lost a couple of these last three games. Now we’re positioned to be 7-4 going into the Iron Bowl at home which seemed like a pipe dream 3 weeks ago. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

Not to rain on your parade, but that is some selective memory.   There were plenty of times in the 80’s with some questionable game decisions.   The effort always seemed good in 80’s as was the effort today.   

I qualified it with “for the most part”.  

I was referring more to the defense playing well and the offense being efficient enough to win.  

You have to admit ‘82 to ‘89 was pretty sweet. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dwayne Pride said:

I qualified it with “for the most part”.  

I was referring more to the defense playing well and the offense being efficient enough to win.  

You have to admit ‘82 to ‘89 was pretty sweet. 

Yes, and I agree about defense and overall effort.  After Randy Campbell, QB play hindered AU from being the dominant team and several National Championships.   The defense was some of the best 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

and we now know why RA is not our QB. 

That throw was gosh awful.  He really needs to think about changing positions.  He would be a really good receiver.

• Like 1

So I left my phone at Lowe's the last 7 hours.  Just went by and picked it up.  Kinda hated missing the game thread but what a game! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

13 minutes ago, Shift said:

Solid win. Game play far exceeded my expectations but Arkansas is bad. Worst team in the conference bad. I’m not reading too much into it. 

Eh. That’s being quite the contortionist to piss on a dominating win. 

Arkansas has been a team that’s usually played up, or down, to its competition this year. Lost by 3 at LSU, by 7 at Ole Miss and by 3 at Alabama.  Won at Florida.  But then lost to BYU and Miss State as well. 

Until today. They were in every game they played this year until we gutted them like a fish from the get go. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

So I left my phone at Lowe's the last 7 hours.  Just went by and picked it up.  Kinda hated missing the game thread but what a game! 

Good thing it wasn’t Walmart, you might not have gotten it back. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Shift said:

but Arkansas is bad. Worst team in the conference bad. 

Bama beat Arky by 3 at Bryant Denny.  LSU beat them by 3.  They just beat Florida on the road.  Arky sucks, really sucks.   Worst team ever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Poor Sam Pittman seemed lost for words in his in-game interview.  I think he was completely shocked.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

You and I could put together a team from the game thread that could hang 10 on Vandy.  

Sure, I'm just saying I think SC is slightly above the Vandy, MS State, Arkansas group. 

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It was actually fun for once! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Just now, TitanTiger said:

BTW, we just flipped 4-star Rivals 100 LB Jamonta Waller from Florida. 

Thank you for giving us the answer to what others were alluding to.  I think some thought Walker White was flipping to Arkansas. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cbo said:

Sure, I'm just saying I think SC is slightly above the Vandy, MS State, Arkansas group. 

I think it goes from worse to less worse…

Vandy

SC

Florida 

State

Arkansas

…the more I think about it. 

4 minutes ago, WillMunny said:

Poor Sam Pittman seemed lost for words in his in-game interview.  I think he was completely shocked.

His evaluation wasn't bad (didn't block, didn't tackle, we need to get them fired up).  I can say with certainty, he wasn't the only one in shock.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Bama beat Arky by 3 at Bryant Denny.  LSU beat them by 3.  They just beat Florida on the road.  Arky sucks, really sucks.   Worst team ever.

They got up for those games and apparently not for us. 

IMG_0740.gif

33 minutes ago, Shift said:

Solid win. Game play far exceeded my expectations but Arkansas is bad. Worst team in the conference bad. I’m not reading too much into it. 

What makes you say tgat? I am watching that game and they are hanging with LSU.

2 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

I think it goes from worse to less worse…

Vandy

SC

Florida 

State

Arkansas

…the more I think about it. 

Maybe you are basing your ranking more on recent results/current status and I'm thinking more of the entire season. 

Either way is fine. They all suck.