The Alabama Hypocrisy

ScotsAU

On 11/27/2023 at 5:10 PM, auburnatl1 said:

I think any coaching change is a risk but Bama has many brand and momentum advantages. However, imo what impacted them, us, Clemson, ect more than anything was the Kirby-driven recruiting dominance  of UGA.  It destabilized the shared recruiting area. And that’s not going away.

Kirby did it just like Saban did by buying juss before it was legal so he got a little head start. A weak east has only helped. In as little as 2 to 3 years with TX and OK joining, divisions going away and NIL in full swing, I see their shine wearing off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

College NIL is mostly not really NiL though.

I have no idea exactly what players are physically doing to earn their NIL.  We know Auburn players are getting paid.  I live less than 45 minutes from Auburn campus and I haven’t seen billboards, or heard a radio advertisement from a single football player even though I’m in Auburn almost weekly. Not even the local restaurant or local businesses have any meaningful marketing or advertising sponsorships with our players that I can tell as a regular person and fan that attends sporting events regularly.  :dunno:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, gman87 said:

Kirby did it just like Saban did by buying juss before it was legal so he got a little head start. A weak east has only helped. In as little as 2 to 3 years with TX and OK joining, divisions going away and NIL in full swing, I see their shine wearing off.

Thats my take also, I really do think NIL evens the playing field with the bigger schools, but no doubt it does make it more difficult for the smaller programs but really that has always been the case even before NIL.