Liberty vs New Mexico State tonight

TeamZero77

Tonight at 7:00 est on CBS Sports Network is Liberty vs NMSU for the Conference USA Title. Liberty has already beaten NMSU 33-17 earlier this season. Liberty is 12-0 and NMSU is 10-3 but have won their last 8 in a row. 

Why has NMSU played 13 games so far but everybody else in the FBS have played 12?

5 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Tonight at 7:00 est on CBS Sports Network is Liberty vs NMSU for the Conference USA Title. Liberty has already beaten NMSU 33-17 earlier this season. Liberty is 12-0 and NMSU is 10-3 but have won their last 8 in a row. 

Why has NMSU played 13 games so far but everybody else in the FBS have played 12?

I believe New Mexico State got an extra game because they went to Hawaii and played. From looking at their schedule that's the only thing that makes sense. 

• Thanks 1

I must admit, I never predicted a NMSU-Liberty thread on AUFamily. 😂

9 hours ago, Paladin said:

I believe New Mexico State got an extra game because they went to Hawaii and played. From looking at their schedule that's the only thing that makes sense. 

Oh ok. Makes sense. Seems I remember Alabama being on probation under Shula and they couldn't go to a bowl so they scheduled a 13th game versus Hawaii. Bama went to Hawaii and got their butts whooped.

Edited by TeamZero77