WBB: vs. Arkansas-Little Rock

tigeraddikt

Women are traveling to Little Rock today (odd) for an away game at Arkansas-Little Rock. UALR is 0-6 this season, having already gone 0-3 versus SEC opponents Bama, Ole Miss, and Arkansas. Anything less than a 20+ point victory would be viewed as sloppy and unfocused imo. Auburn is playing well right now and figuring some things out about themselves. Scott-Grayson is the Alpha, and if she continues asserting herself, she should have a big day. 

• Like 2

AU up 12-9 after one quarter of play. Both teams playing pretty good defense. AU has gotten open looks consistently. AU has had some monster second quarters this season, so I’m looking forward to see how they respond to a lackluster first qtr offensive performance. I just don’t really see any players on UALR’s side who will pose any kind of offensive threat to keep their team in the game in the long-run.

• WarTiger changed the title to WBB: vs. Arkansas-Little Rock

AU up only 52-41 with 3:32 remaining. It appears that CJH instructed her team to take the air out of the ball, only to have them completely lose any energy and focus on finishing strong. Only 4 points scored in 6-1/2 minutes of 4th quarter play.

Final 58-45 AU wins. UALR averaged 44 ppg coming into this one, so they turned on the burners offensively in the 4th quarter to reach their average. Scott-Grayson was largely a no-show, but she wasn’t the only one. AU played an uninspired 4th quarter, getting outscored 17-10. UALR scoring 17 in a quarter probably feels like scoring 50!in a quarter to them. Very disjointed, disappointed showing in that second half to not just bury a team that they should be much greater than 13 points better than.

• Thanks 2

It was a homecoming for Coach Harris and Savannah Scott. We will continue with this home and home series. I'll take the W, but SEC play will be a struggle. I'm hoping we do enough to qualify for the WNIT because I definitely don't see us making NCAAs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, all4AU said:

It was a homecoming for Coach Harris and Savannah Scott. We will continue with this home and home series. I'll take the W, but SEC play will be a struggle. I'm hoping we do enough to qualify for the WNIT because I definitely don't see us making NCAAs.

I know, right? The effort/execution that beat Clemson by 30 will get this team to the Sweet 16 of the NCAAT. Today’s overall effort won’t be good enough for the WNIT as you mentioned. Just baffling the wild swings in performance with the same players.

Also, although it was a true road game from a traveling standpoint, that gym holds between 5000-6000 and from the looks of it, there couldn’t have been more than a couple hundred people there whose job or scholarship didn’t depend on being in attendance.

6625518C-C0D2-446A-B3E1-2ACEF84862B7.png

Edited by tigeraddikt