Reward….

KillenTime

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

To tell on myself I recently learned cucumbers were pickles. Literally had no idea. 

Actually sea cucumbers are animals, related closely to worms and sponges

the more you know. . 

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

It’s extremely insulting to the guys that are here now that took ass whippings for our entertainment on Saturdays for 4 years of their lives.

“honor the guys playing their last game” my ass. 

Tried to love this post, I’m out of reactions. I couldn’t agree with you more Dub .

• Love 1

Just now, AUDub said:

the more you know. . 

Worms and sponges... are we still talking coordinators?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

the more you know. . 

Well I knew that pickle tasted strange. Anyways back to the AU dumpster . 

5 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

This. . He basically threw games guys. He didn’t give s*** about the current team. 

He really seemed to not care about winning certain games. Can you imagine if the team find that thinking acceptable? U going to have a bunch more New Mexico St and Maryland type games. It’s hard to get that out of the locker room culture… well it seems the the head coach is the one with that mentality …WTF. He literally had “truth meetings “ were he would tell the team they basically weren’t good enough to win.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

He really seemed to not care about winning certain games. Can you imagine if the team find that thinking acceptable? U going to have a bunch more New Mexico St and Maryland type games. It’s hard to get that out of the locker room culture… well it seems the the head coach is the one with that mentality …WTF. He literally had “truth meetings “ were he would tell the team they basically weren’t good enough to win.

Please let me have a truth meeting with Hugh.

how does he think this is the right way to act?? Maybe I am a Dumbass 

2 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

It blows my mind that fans are fine with a coach not prioritizing on field wins. It’s an insult to the players and the fans. Think of all the people who paid good money to travel and stand in the cold today for that garbage. I’m so glad I decided not to go. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, cbo said:

It blows my mind that fans are fine with a coach not prioritizing on field wins. It’s an insult to the players and the fans. Think of all the people who paid good money to travel and stand in the cold today for that garbage. I’m so glad I decided not to go. 

I am certainly in the minority then. I want to win every time we step on the field. I agree and feel sorry for the folks who made that trip and Hugh s*** all over em . 

• Like 3

My take on this game is this.  Hugh was so damn glad to become bowl eligible he forgot to coach his coaches and his players for the New Mexico State and Maryland games.  I guess he was too busy patting himself on the back for getting to 6 wins.  The bama game was a fluke in that we caught bama on a bad week at our house.

Hugh kept saying how glad he was to get the 15 extra practices for the bowl.  I'd like to know what the hell we practiced because it was evident from the opening kickoff we weren't prepared for Maryland.  We couldn't even recover a fumble when we had 4 tries at it.  Our lines got whipped all day.  Running backs had nowhere to go.  Thorne looked totally lost all day.  Missed tackles by everyone who had chances.

Loxley of Maryland learned from Saban how to prepare for bowl games.  They were ready, prepared, and wanted to be there to whip up on an SEC team.  And they did.

Bottom line is Auburn deserved better from Freeze.  The 2 losses listed above are inexcusable, particularly in the manner they happened. 

Edited by tinman1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bo Didley said:

Same! We left at Halftime to beat the mass exit. 

Yeah, we left midway through the 3rd quarter. After the Pick 6, I told my family, "Okay, if Auburn doesn't get a TD on this next drive, we'll leave", then Battie fumbled the kickoff return. 🤦‍♂️

3 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Auburn hasn’t been as low as they were two years ago and this year was never going to amount to much. If things aren’t getting better by early-mid season in 2024 it’s time to start looking around…..again. 

Agreed on the first statement. Disagreed on the 2nd.

We have the same QBs coming back next season + a Freshman. Plus we play GA & bammer on the road.

Sorry to shock & disappoint...2024 will end similar to 2023. And Freeze & the NIL will once again pull out a Top 7 class regardless of record.

Yella & his posse got their guy. Freeze ain't going anywhere.

2025 is when this program will finally begin to rocket. And this bowl game loss will be a fart in the wind.

1 hour ago, Viper said:

2025 is when this program will finally begin to rocket. And this bowl game loss will be a fart in the wind.

Doubtful. He'll have to pay increasing money to hang onto every bit of his recruiting wins every season. Next year will likely be similar to this, record wise, (as you said) and a lot more of these players are going to start listening to the critics. He drops a couple more NMSU/Maryland type games next year and how many of these top players are going to buy Freeze's vision? How much can we afford to make sure they do? 

2025 will be the last year for Freeze to prove himself. At that point, the money will either be satisfied with a mediocre puppet or be forced to get a real coach. 

4 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I am certainly in the minority then. I want to win every time we step on the field. I agree and feel sorry for the folks who made that trip and Hugh s*** all over em . 

I agree.  I pissed away a lot of money to make that trip and support the team.  Coaches are always saying, “we need the fans to show up and support us”, then put an uninspired and unprepared team on the field.  This one really ticked me off today, nobody seemed to give a da**.  

• Like 2

Just now, AUatHeart said:

I agree.  I pissed away a lot of money to make that trip and support the team.  Coaches are always saying, “we need the fans to show up and support us”, then put an uninspired and unprepared team on the field.  This one really ticked me off today, nobody seemed to give a da**.  

Man I am sorry . Hugh owes the fans and team a damn apology for this . 

feel free to roast me , but Hugh does not deserve the Hc job at AU. He doesn’t give a s*** about anything. Just a warm body on the sidelines .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Viper said:

Agreed on the first statement. Disagreed on the 2nd.

We have the same QBs coming back next season + a Freshman. Plus we play GA & bammer on the road.

Sorry to shock & disappoint...2024 will end similar to 2023. And Freeze & the NIL will once again pull out a Top 7 class regardless of record.

Yella & his posse got their guy. Freeze ain't going anywhere.

How many years has Auburn been saying this?

Freeze is not a coach, he’s a salesman and Auburn gladly bought what he was selling.

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Man I am sorry . Hugh owes the fans and team a damn apology for this . 

feel free to roast me , but Hugh does not deserve the Hc job at AU. He doesn’t give a s*** about anything. Just a warm body on the sidelines .

He saw how Harsin did nothing and became a millionaire. Freeze figures I can do what I do , recruit, and let others do the coaching thing. Then I get fired and set for life.

6 hours ago, ps4au said:

Fans should boycott a bowl and then maybe the players and coaches would learn to a give an ish and actually show up for a bowl game once.  What was the last bowl game that they actually played worth a crap in, Purdue?  They should be embarrassed but that would required them to actually care.  I saw nothing out there that showed anyone cared today.

Think it was basically confirmed by player reaction and Freeze. The game was over a week ago.

4 hours ago, aucom96 said:

Doubtful. He'll have to pay increasing money to hang onto every bit of his recruiting wins every season. Next year will likely be similar to this, record wise, (as you said) and a lot more of these players are going to start listening to the critics. He drops a couple more NMSU/Maryland type games next year and how many of these top players are going to buy Freeze's vision? How much can we afford to make sure they do? 

2025 will be the last year for Freeze to prove himself. At that point, the money will either be satisfied with a mediocre puppet or be forced to get a real coach. 

There will be more defections, but between few and none that Freeze was a part of in recruiting himself. He is a relationship HC who rarely loses a high school commit.

Your statements make sense if AU had hired someone other than Freeze.

Freeze was hand-picked by Yella and his posse. He is here to stay.

You will have to pry him from their cold, dead hands.

Reeling off multi-consecutive Top 7 classes and it will be impossible at AU to continue to have near .500 records. Since Dye, every HC other than Harsin has won at least 11 games. Not easy to do, but Dye, Bowden, Tubbs, Chizik and Gus all won 11 games.

Plus as I've previously mentioned, there will eventually be a changing of the guard in this state. When Father Time comes for him, Freeze will have AU a Top 3-5 recruiting class every season.

8bf324b9-8074-4817-8db8-30b0a0c5fb30_tex

Edited by Viper

10 hours ago, TigerOne said:

How many years has Auburn been saying this?

Freeze is not a coach, he’s a salesman and Auburn gladly bought what he was selling.

Don't disagree with the salesman part of it, but to add, if you're not a salesman, you are essentially Harsin.

If you can't or hate recruiting, there are plenty of high schools who will hire you.

Edited by Viper

16 hours ago, AUDub said:

Whatever we have to tell ourselves to justify getting s*** stomped by a bad B10 team. 

The Edwards kid for the Terps was not a good qb but we made him look super with bad schemes , poor tackling, bad angles on defense. The offense was horrible . Montgomery has to go. He should be cleaning out his office Monday.

I don't understand the mentality these days.. Everyone says it's the coaches fault and I agree there needs to be improvement in the coaching. But how do you motivate them? I realize it's their job and they get paid a lot to do it, but it's a really challenging thing these days.

As a player, as a person, you just stand there over and over and let the guy on the other side own you! If You're a linemen, how to you look in the mirror and say "the reason I let that guy go through every play of the game was because of coach? The reason I got dominated physically was because coach didn't get me fired up? The reason I got busted in the mouth and slammed to the ground was because of coach?" A Maryland team that isn't any more talented that our team just came in and physically whipped our butts the entire game. As a person who do you just take that? I don't care if you're 18 years old or 88 years old, how do you not put forth effort when someone else is hitting you in the face?? How do you coach guys who won't respond to that? It's not just a problem of our coaches, it's a problem all across football, many of the bowl games had this problem. CHF called it the "me" mentality, "if I'm not playing for a championship, then I'm not putting forth effort, just trying not to get hurt." I don't get it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gabo4au said:

I don't understand the mentality these days.. Everyone says it's the coaches fault and I agree there needs to be improvement in the coaching. But how do you motivate them? I realize it's their job and they get paid a lot to do it, but it's a really challenging thing these days.

As a player, as a person, you just stand there over and over and let the guy on the other side own you! If You're a linemen, how to you look in the mirror and say "the reason I let that guy go through every play of the game was because of coach? The reason I got dominated physically was because coach didn't get me fired up? The reason I got busted in the mouth and slammed to the ground was because of coach?" A Maryland team that isn't any more talented that our team just came in and physically whipped our butts the entire game. As a person who do you just take that? I don't care if you're 18 years old or 88 years old, how do you not put forth effort when someone else is hitting you in the face?? How do you coach guys who won't respond to that? It's not just a problem of our coaches, it's a problem all across football, many of the bowl games had this problem. CHF called it the "me" mentality, "if I'm not playing for a championship, then I'm not putting forth effort, just trying not to get hurt." I don't get it.

It is the coaches job to 

A). Have a sound game plan (which was not the case per Freeze's words)

B). Decipher who has that mentality and bench them or rid of them.

After that, it is up to the players. Seems like one or two of the prerequisite had not been met and I am sure the players aren't going to respond. Would you work hard at your job if your boss is telling you he is searching for your replacement now?  The minority of folks might due that but generally no, people do not act like that. It starts with the top and bleeds down to the young adults. The head coach basically said he was too busy recruiting to even have insight on the game plan. You don't think that is going to establish some sort of response? You saw how UGA responded to not being in the playoffs yesterday. That is how a coach keeps players engaged .

• Like 2