Reward….

KillenTime

Treating post season football as a reward gets you that first half performance. Hugh pissed away a chance to lay the groundwork for postseason football at Auburn. Looks like he took more advice from Gus. Feel bad for the fans that traveled to see that garbage half of football.  I believe in hard work - I wish Hugh Freeze did. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Means little in the long term.  

Whatever we have to tell ourselves to justify getting s*** stomped by a bad B10 team. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Whatever we have to tell ourselves to justify getting s*** stomped by a bad B10 team. 

It works for me. I lost interest in Auburn Fooseball while Gus was here. Combined with some of the fans…..I just want them to do better. But I’m not losing sleep over it. 

Edited by autigeremt
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

It works for me. I lost interest in Auburn Fooseball while Gus was here. Combined with some of the fans…..I just want them to do better. But I’m not losing sleep over it. 

I don’t care to justify absolutely bad football against potential future gain.

This is bad coaching. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, KillenTime said:

Embarrassing performance by this coaching staff.  

How about the players? They have sucked. And they’re getting paid to suck

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jluvah said:

Everyone is getting paid now , so the criticism is well deserved. I get paid and get bitched at when I don’t perform. None of these players aren excused from criticism now.

you get paid now. It’s the new world. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, jluvah said:

Be better if out OC didnt have the play calling awareness of a sea cucumber. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I don’t care to justify absolutely bad football against potential future gain.

This is bad coaching. 

Might be. I don’t play the game anymore and high school was as far as I ever got at both playing and coaching. Auburn hasn’t been as low as they were two years ago and this year was never going to amount to much. If things aren’t getting better by early-mid season in 2024 it’s time to start looking around…..again. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

If the “OC” is still calling plays, that’s a huge failure on the part of Freeze. Probably wouldn’t matter today as unprepared as this team has been. Don’t care about the flu excuse or the opt outs. Just show up enough to be competitive. 

Fans should boycott a bowl and then maybe the players and coaches would learn to a give an ish and actually show up for a bowl game once.  What was the last bowl game that they actually played worth a crap in, Purdue?  They should be embarrassed but that would required them to actually care.  I saw nothing out there that showed anyone cared today.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

It means your team looks like a joke. It means rival coaches have more fodder to convince recruits you are a second rate program. It means you can't motivate your players. 

I heard this same line all through Gus' tenure. Hugh is a similar creature, apparently. 

He's got two more seasons to get better. That includes winning these bowl games. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

But means much in the short term.  It’s always good to have momentum heading into the off season.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jluvah said:

This team wasn’t prepared. Game plan sucked. Execution of fundamentals sucked. That is coaching. Teams play how they practice. We must suck at practicing because we sucked at every phase of the game. 

4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I’m one of those fans that KNOWS we left wins on the table.

shut up. 

Yes AU did leave 2-3 on the table . 

But we sure hold bowl game losses against Gus. He would lose to Minnesota in a bowl game and fans act like it was a National Title game. Same when Harsin lost to Houston with our backup QB. Now Hugh gets absolutely embarrassed and the Bowl games aren't important now.

If we gonna hold bowl game losses against past coaches then we gonna hold this terrible performance against Hugh as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hugh freeze needs to check himself. Any game played is a must win and him having to tell his team he wants to win a game is mind blowing. Why would you have to tell them, weak mentality and program will result from that thinking/position. His twin brother Gus had more of an edge and competitive spirit then this guy, and Gus would throw curse words like “dern” out there when he was fired up.

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

Hey, hey, hey! Sea cucumbers don't deserve that. They're much better game day coaches and playcallers, but would never consider taking the Auburn job. I know you were just caught up in the moment.

giphy.gif

Just now, sevenlee36 said:

Hugh freeze needs to check himself. Any game played is a must win and him having to tell his team he wants to win a game is mind blowing. Why would you have to tell them, weak mentality and program will result from that thinking/position. His twin brother Gus had more of an edge and competitive spirit then this guy, and Gus would throw curse words like “dern” out there when he was fired up.

This. . He basically threw games guys. He didn’t give s*** about the current team. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUx said:

Hey, hey, hey! Sea cucumbers don't deserve that. They're much better game day coaches and playcallers, but would never consider taking the Auburn job. I know you were just caught up in the moment.

giphy.gif

To tell on myself I recently learned cucumbers were pickles. Literally had no idea. 

Just now, JDUBB4AU said:

This. . He basically threw games guys. He didn’t give s*** about the current team. 

It’s extremely insulting to the guys that are here now that took ass whippings for our entertainment on Saturdays for 4 years of their lives.

“honor the guys playing their last game” my ass. 

• Like 2