Reward….

KillenTime

13 hours ago, yngwie1995 said:

Yeah, we left midway through the 3rd quarter. After the Pick 6, I told my family, "Okay, if Auburn doesn't get a TD on this next drive, we'll leave", then Battie fumbled the kickoff return. 🤦‍♂️

You sound like our friends that were across the stadium from us. He wanted to link up and i was already in the truck. The text following the turnovers was hilarious. Thankfully we had a short drive home. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cbo said:

It blows my mind that fans are fine with a coach not prioritizing on field wins. It’s an insult to the players and the fans. Think of all the people who paid good money to travel and stand in the cold today for that garbage. I’m so glad I decided not to go. 

There’s not a single game on an Auburn schedule that Cadillac wouldn’t have done everything in his power to win

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, OfficiatingExpert said:

There’s not a single game on an Auburn schedule that Cadillac wouldn’t have done everything in his power to win

It bothers me that have so many on this team that visibly do not feel this way. And I mean players, not just coaches. Receivers running lazy routes and failing to block and a number of defensive players just watching others make plays blows my mind. We just don’t have a lot of guys who got the dog in them. The overhaul needs to continue to turn these guys over … All of these guys seem to want to be wheels but not all of them want to do what’s necessary to roll. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, DAG said:

It is the coaches job to 

A). Have a sound game plan (which was not the case per Freeze's words)

B). Decipher who has that mentality and bench them or rid of them.

After that, it is up to the players. Seems like one or two of the prerequisite had not been met and I am sure the players aren't going to respond. Would you work hard at your job if your boss is telling you he is searching for your replacement now?  The minority of folks might due that but generally no, people do not act like that. It starts with the top and bleeds down to the young adults. The head coach basically said he was too busy recruiting to even have insight on the game plan. You don't think that is going to establish some sort of response? You saw how UGA responded to not being in the playoffs yesterday. That is how a coach keeps players engaged .

I hear you and mostly agree. However, if I have a job, even if I'm not motivated and someone else hits me in the mouth, I'm going to get fired up and respond. It's a personal thing. But I think that's a mentality of my generation, not necessarily everyone else's generation. For me either I'm not going to play or I'm going to play hard. There is no situation where I play, but don't give it my all.

And I'm not giving GA that much credit.. FL ST had all their team missing and their players played unmotivated like AU's players, they didn't care.. So to say that the reason GA won was because they had their players motivated, hmm... maybe they did, maybe they didn't, with FSU's situation it's really hard to know.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gabo4au said:

I hear you and mostly agree. However, if I have a job, even if I'm not motivated and someone else hits me in the mouth, I'm going to get fired up and respond. It's a personal thing. But I think that's a mentality of my generation, not necessarily everyone else's generation. For me either I'm not going to play or I'm going to play hard. There is no situation where I play, but don't give it my all.

And I'm not giving GA that much credit.. FL ST had all their team missing and their players played unmotivated like AU's players, they didn't care.. So to say that the reason GA won was because they had their players motivated, hmm... maybe they did, maybe they didn't, with FSU's situation it's really hard to know.

So let's take a step back. I never said that is why UGA won. I believe UGA would beat FSUs ass with or without their players. I said Kirby kept his whole team engaged. Minimal players who didn't participate, 100% played balls to the wall and excited to be there. Those kids had nothing to prove UNLIKE Auburn who needs to go into the off season with momentum and to avoid a losing season.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Viper said:

There will be more defections, but between few and none that Freeze was a part of in recruiting himself. He is a relationship HC who rarely loses a high school commit.

Your statements make sense if AU had hired someone other than Freeze.

Freeze was hand-picked by Yella and his posse. He is here to stay.

You will have to pry him from their cold, dead hands.

Reeling off multi-consecutive Top 7 classes and it will be impossible at AU to continue to have near .500 records. Since Dye, every HC other than Harsin has won at least 11 games. Not easy to do, but Dye, Bowden, Tubbs, Chizik and Gus all won 11 games.

Plus as I've previously mentioned, there will eventually be a changing of the guard in this state. When Father Time comes for him, Freeze will have AU a Top 3-5 recruiting class every season.

8bf324b9-8074-4817-8db8-30b0a0c5fb30_tex

Eh having a top recruiting class doesnt always translates to more wins, I mean it should be based on where we are now but doesn't mean you win championships...and I'd like to win championships. You only have to look at ATM to prove that...coaching matters, recruiting matters you need both.

18 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Means little in the long term.  

I was looking for short term happiness yesterday. Would have enjoyed the BB game more last night and the coming New Year’s Day festivities had we won.

6 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

Eh having a top recruiting class doesnt always translates to more wins, I mean it should be based on where we are now but doesn't mean you win championships...and I'd like to win championships. You only have to look at ATM to prove that...coaching matters, recruiting matters you need both.

Funny because as I was typing that, I could envision EVERYONE typing back "A&M." Jimbo will always be that one anomaly.

When Saban won his first championship at bammer in 2009, was it with the same two coordinators he hired in 2007?

What about Tubbs in 2004 vs. 1999?

Point is I agree with you. Coaching matters. I believe in due time, Freeze could make a move or two with his two coordinators.

But you can't win 10+ games with the scrubs Gus & Harsin left us.

So I don't mind Freeze with his entire focus on recruiting.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Viper said:

Funny because as I was typing that, I could envision EVERYONE typing back "A&M." Jimbo will always be that one anomaly.

When Saban won his first championship at bammer in 2009, was it with the same two coordinators he hired in 2007?

What about Tubbs in 2004 vs. 1999?

Point is I agree with you. Coaching matters. I believe in due time, Freeze could make a move or two with his two coordinators.

But you can't win 10+ games with the scrubs Gus & Harsin left us.

So I don't mind Freeze with his entire focus on recruiting.

Fair point, but the road is actually littered with coaches that can recruit but can't coach, Napier anyone???? That is one of my points, Saban is not only a good recruiter he is a good manager, he seems to do well in getting assistant coaches that fit his system, so it's the whole package that you are looking for. I never said anything about winning 10 games but I do expect the team to show up and actually compete for EVERYGAME, NMSU and Maryland really rub me the wrong way. 

At least for me I find it concerning that he doesnt seem to want to win every game, just doesnt seem to bother him, that wasn't and isn't the case with Saban or even Kirby...again I guess we will see and hope for the best, I just don't see any intensity coming from him at all....

16 hours ago, cbo said:

It blows my mind that fans are fine with a coach not prioritizing on field wins. It’s an insult to the players and the fans. Think of all the people who paid good money to travel and stand in the cold today for that garbage. I’m so glad I decided not to go. 

In 2-3 years when we're winning 10+ games, no one is going give a rat's ass we lost a meaningless opt-out game to Maryland.

I got asked multiple times if I was going to make the short drive to Nashville. Stand 3 1/2 hours in the cold to watch a game full of opt-outs?

2 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

Fair point, but the road is actually littered with coaches that can recruit but can't coach, Napier anyone????

Went 40-12 at Louisiana. By FAR, the most success that program has seen in its entire existence. So he did something right with those 2 and 3-stars there.

Ragin Cajuns have gone 13-13 since.

9 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

That is one of my points, Saban is not only a good recruiter he is a good manager, he seems to do well in getting assistant coaches that fit his system, so it's the whole package that you are looking for.

Like him or not (and I loathe him), that's why he's the GOAT. Only Kirbs will have a chance to eclipse what he's accomplished in our lifetimes (which I believe he will).

11 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

I never said anything about winning 10 games but I do expect the team to show up and actually compete for EVERYGAME, NMSU and Maryland really rub me the wrong way.

NMSU and Maryland games suck. Prepare yourself for more of the same next season.

16 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

At least for me I find it concerning that he doesnt seem to want to win every game, just doesnt seem to bother him, that wasn't and isn't the case with Saban or even Kirby...again I guess we will see and hope for the best, I just don't see any intensity coming from him at all....

Can't disagree with that at all. If more of that (blowout losses to average teams) takes place in 2025 after he's had ample time to rebuild the roster, then it'll become a disturbing pattern.

9 hours ago, Viper said:

There will be more defections, but between few and none that Freeze was a part of in recruiting himself. He is a relationship HC who rarely loses a high school commit.

Your statements make sense if AU had hired someone other than Freeze.

Freeze was hand-picked by Yella and his posse. He is here to stay.

You will have to pry him from their cold, dead hands.

Reeling off multi-consecutive Top 7 classes and it will be impossible at AU to continue to have near .500 records. Since Dye, every HC other than Harsin has won at least 11 games. Not easy to do, but Dye, Bowden, Tubbs, Chizik and Gus all won 11 games.

Plus as I've previously mentioned, there will eventually be a changing of the guard in this state. When Father Time comes for him, Freeze will have AU a Top 3-5 recruiting class every season.

8bf324b9-8074-4817-8db8-30b0a0c5fb30_tex

I'm not expecting a massive leap, but we do need to win ONE more game next season...think 2009. Recruits are still going to need to see some amount of progress (see Florida).

Unfortunately, I think it's going to be the 2030s when Saban steps down. I'd love to be wrong of course.

Edited by AUwent

2 hours ago, gabo4au said:

I don't understand the mentality these days.. Everyone says it's the coaches fault and I agree there needs to be improvement in the coaching. But how do you motivate them? I realize it's their job and they get paid a lot to do it, but it's a really challenging thing these days.

As a player, as a person, you just stand there over and over and let the guy on the other side own you! If You're a linemen, how to you look in the mirror and say "the reason I let that guy go through every play of the game was because of coach? The reason I got dominated physically was because coach didn't get me fired up? The reason I got busted in the mouth and slammed to the ground was because of coach?" A Maryland team that isn't any more talented that our team just came in and physically whipped our butts the entire game. As a person who do you just take that? I don't care if you're 18 years old or 88 years old, how do you not put forth effort when someone else is hitting you in the face?? How do you coach guys who won't respond to that? It's not just a problem of our coaches, it's a problem all across football, many of the bowl games had this problem. CHF called it the "me" mentality, "if I'm not playing for a championship, then I'm not putting forth effort, just trying not to get hurt." I don't get it.

You train year around for 12 guaranteed opportunities. 12!

12 days out of 365 and you can't get excited or self motivated enough to put your best foot forward on any one or more opportunities?  Don't get it either.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

Unfortunately, I think it's going to be the 2030s when Saban steps down. I'd love to be wrong of course.

Dang you think dink will coach into his 80s?

He’ll be a relic of himself by then.

The first quarter killed us.  If the 1st quarter could be eliminated, Auburn wins 13 - 10.

8 hours ago, Viper said:

Dang you think dink will coach into his 80s?

He’ll be a relic of himself by then.

Technology will allow him to be coach for the rest of time....

image.png

Just now, augrad68 said:

The first quarter killed us.  If the 1st quarter could be eliminated, Auburn wins 13 - 10.

If we got that one fumble, it might have been a different story. That and the pick-6.