Men vs Vandy Game Thread

1 hour ago, mustache eagle said:

Oh I agree … just a little self deprecating humor.  I’ve been a Moore apologist… but the dude could help me out by scoring 6 and getting 4-5 boards a night.  A lot easier to poke back at @GwillMac6 if he adds a few stats to what he’s doing with the team.

Contributions don’t always show up in the stat line.  I get what you are saying but he still isn’t a bad player.  

Whenever I see his name, I want to make him a hybrid of Chris Morris and Jeff Moore.  

• Like 2

Any word on how Johni is doing? I’ve been looking for status but haven’t seen any. That was scary seeing him on the floor in obvious pain.

Can anyone more knowledgeable comment on the guard play?  How do you feel about the development of our 1s and 2s?  Did they only combine for 20 because of our front court dominance vs vandy or was it because of the quality of guards vandy had?  Thanks 

1 hour ago, Lotto said:

Can anyone more knowledgeable comment on the guard play?  How do you feel about the development of our 1s and 2s?  Did they only combine for 20 because of our front court dominance vs vandy or was it because of the quality of guards vandy had?  Thanks 

I'm not very knowledgeable, but it looked like the Vandy guards met our guards farther out than other teams have done. It seemed to disrupt us for a while. Manjon and Lawrence are really good as well.

4 hours ago, ElkRiver said:

Any word on how Johni is doing? I’ve been looking for status but haven’t seen any. That was scary seeing him on the floor in obvious pain.

According to Pearl on Tiger Talk, he fully practiced with the team today and is expected to be at full strength Saturday. 

• Love 1

21 hours ago, Lotto said:

Offensively they are doing well given their lack of shot attempts which is because a combo of lack of minutes and the best players on our team are our interior players Broome and J Will. The offense runs through them and it should. Tre only took 3 shots last night and Aden 8. Kd had 4 shot attempts and Denver 5. We just play to many guys and they get so few shot attempts for them to have great scoring games.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Grumps said:

I'm not very knowledgeable, but it looked like the Vandy guards met our guards farther out than other teams have done. It seemed to disrupt us for a while. Manjon and Lawrence are really good as well.

Count me in the not knowledgeable category… but our 1’s are playing excellent offensively for what cbp asks.  Tre is good on defense and Aden is improving.  Our 2’s are reverse of that.  Excellent on D and good on O.  Of our 4 players I’d say the most room for improvement is Denver in outside shooting then Aden on D.

• Like 1

BB Trivia buffs,  I need a hand.   Has the ever  been an NCAA basketball game that had NO fouls?  Even if only one side had no fouls?

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
took away extra Y

15 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

BB Trivia buffs,  I need a hand.   Has the ever  been an NCAA basketball game that had NO fouls?  Even if only one side had no fouls?

Hard to see how that is possible but they have played basketball a long time so i'd lean towards yes there has been a game were a team had no fouls called. 

Man that second half of the Vandy game was painful to watch. Refs really did their best to help Vandy not get blown out a home. 

• Like 2