Got bad news from the doc

i have a four inch mass on my right kidney that is cancer. i also have abnormal protein in my blood which is a worry and he would not speculate. i suffer from depression and i am pretty bummed right now i need someone to cheer me up. maybe auburn will win tonight. i know not many folks will care but i just need to vent.

• Sad 1

Prayers up Fifty.  You can get through this as ornery as you are and I mean that in the best of ways. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Prayers up Fifty!! God has a plan. Trust in Him. 

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I have a mass on my left kidney that was diagnosed as cancer by two doctors plus my iron was so low I had to have iron infusions done to get back my energy and white blood cells back to some type of normal. The jest of this is we done more MRI's and the mass was then changed to a cyst and not cancerous. I have a MRI done every 6 months to keep an eye on that little sob.

So hang in there all is not lost.

you are the most awesome guy on this site. i hope when i grow up i share some of your qualities. i cannot tell you how much this means. even with my bad jokes you are still awesome. thank you for making me feel better.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WarTim said:

Prayers up Fifty!! God has a plan. Trust in Him. 

thank you! you remain one of the good guys on here as always.............

• Thanks 1

That's not good news but all may not be lost. Being one of the cool kids, I have not one but two types of cancer. Been being treated for over two years now and showing steady if slow improvement. They are making huge advances in the medical oncology field. Here's hoping yours is very treatable.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

That's not good news but all may not be lost. Being one of the cool kids, I have not one but two types of cancer. Been being treated for over two years now and showing steady if slow improvement. They are making huge advances in the medical oncology field. Here's hoping yours is very treatable.

thank you mikey. they say it will be a piece of cake for taking out a whole kidney. the stuff they use to put you under makes me sick as a dog and you can bet i will tell them. i am a little scared but i am more afraid of something happening and me losing my dogs since they are rescues and oddballs and get put down. thanks mikey this means a lot. i know we have fought like cats and dogs but i could sit down and break bread with you. it will be hard with no family to back me up but i will be fine. it could be a lot worse.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

they say it will be a piece of cake for taking out a whole kidney.

This is true compared to 15 years ago it is.

• Like 1

Just now, augolf1716 said:

This is true compared to 15 years ago it is.

i used to read how painful it was but they say now it is much easier and i will behome the next day. lord help me and what i might say on here if they give me the good stuff which unfortunately makes me sick.

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

afraid of something happening and me losing my dogs since they are rescues and oddballs and get put down.

I also have three dogs that are rescues. I know the feeling, I'm all they've got.  I'm more worried about the dog's future than I am my own.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Prayers up Fifty.  You can get through this as ornery as you are and I mean that in the best of ways. 

hell i thought i replied to you but i guess i forgot to hit send. i like you can show you care and or are concerned. this means as much as anyone elses comments. but i reserve the right to fuss if we must.......grins. in other words that is class.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

hell i thought i replied to you but i guess i forgot to hit send. i like you can show you care and or are concerned. this means as much as anyone elses comments. but i reserve the right to fuss if we must.......grins. in other words that is class.

No problem man, I enjoy the back and forth.

Praying for you and the dogs! When times feel dark, jump on here and remember you are never alone…even if we fight like an unhealthy family at times. 😀

On 1/31/2024 at 4:41 PM, aubiefifty said:

i have a four inch mass on my right kidney that is cancer. i also have abnormal protein in my blood which is a worry and he would not speculate. i suffer from depression and i am pretty bummed right now i need someone to cheer me up. maybe auburn will win tonight. i know not many folks will care but i just need to vent.

Praying for you, man. Hopefully you get some positive news soon!

• Love 1

Sorry to hear in, fifty.  That's sounds rough, but augolf's story gives cause to be optimistic. Medical science is amazing sometimes.  I'll keep you in my prayers. 

On 2/1/2024 at 10:00 AM, I_M4_AU said:

No problem man, I enjoy the back and forth.

you talkin to me? Are YOU talking to me?looks at ya with that bug eyed crazy look........grins

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

Sorry to hear in, fifty.  That's sounds rough, but augolf's story gives cause to be optimistic. Medical science is amazing sometimes.  I'll keep you in my prayers. 

thank you from my heart cardin! if the elevated protein in my blood is dehydration or from my kidney cancer i will be fine. the well wishes make me feel so much better and makes me want to fight harder! i appreciate you.

On 1/31/2024 at 4:41 PM, aubiefifty said:

Hang in there Fiddy. Been sorta out of pocket and just saw this yesterday. Have you and your medical team in my thoughts. 

• Love 1

18 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Hang in there Fiddy. Been sorta out of pocket and just saw this yesterday. Have you and your medical team in my thoughts. 

you are one of the good guys salty. top shelf in my book..............

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

you are one of the good guys salty. top shelf in my book..............

Same to you Fiddy. Know you had mentioned a while back that the doctors had seen something and hoping it had turned no big deal. Had some work to do yesterday on my sons house in old original Auburn. You would appreciate the area.

Your post put a damper on the day. We are at the age of having problems or knowing people with issues. Just have to work through them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Same to you Fiddy. Know you had mentioned a while back that the doctors had seen something and hoping it had turned no big deal. Had some work to do yesterday on my sons house in old original Auburn. You would appreciate the area.

Your post put a damper on the day. We are at the age of having problems or knowing people with issues. Just have to work through them.

my apologies. i am pretty upbeat about it. my best friend is taking me for mexican and their macho nacho's and they are killer. all the meat is grilled including shrimp. also steak and chicken and that mexican cheese. i am going to make a point to enjoy myself and have fun. i had a couple i never met pray for me yesterday at the pizza shack which a neighbor owns and i was humbled. it lifted me up. and if someone smarts off about your drinking again tell em to sit on a hot stove. you are retired and you enjoy your life how you see fit. i can tell you take care of family. in fact you being a fisherman tell em to go eat a fish head. grins. you could probably send em one.

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

my apologies. i am pretty upbeat about it. my best friend is taking me for mexican and their macho nacho's and they are killer. all the meat is grilled including shrimp. also steak and chicken and that mexican cheese. i am going to make a point to enjoy myself and have fun. i had a couple i never met pray for me yesterday at the pizza shack which a neighbor owns and i was humbled. it lifted me up. and if someone smarts off about your drinking again tell em to sit on a hot stove. you are retired and you enjoy your life how you see fit. i can tell you take care of family. in fact you being a fisherman tell em to go eat a fish head. grins. you could probably send em one.

Thanks and if I drank nearly as much I claim or carry on would have been dead years ago. 

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

Thanks and if I drank nearly as much I claim or carry on would have been dead years ago. 

i think you are a hoot in truth when you party. you earned it salty. people judge too dang much. i took a shot at you once over it but i was just fighting hard. i actually enjoyed it. but i would not have dared tell you that at the time.

• Like 1