Got bad news from the doc

I talked to you a little about it, I had a mass on my kidney as well and I was only born with one so my surgery I had to remove the mass the old way because they had to be precise. I have a scar from my back almost to my naval. 

The mass turned out to be benign, also they say nobody wants cancer of course but if you had to have one this is one of the more safer ones if you have two kidneys of course. They said the way they remove kidneys now is just a slight cut and not near as painful. 

Monitor your creatin and protein. Stay hydrated so your kidney do less work, I wouldn't drink alcohol or energy drinks. Use aspirin but not ibuprofen. 

You can definitely beat this so don't be too depressed but it's always easy for people to tell you not to of course. Just don't ever stop fighting. I had my surgery in Birmingham and I can tell you my doctor. He was AMAZING. 

I had complications from having just one kidney and I was so down one night. My room was right above a basketball court and I was thinking about how I used to be so athletic, and my first professional job offer was from Southern nuclear and I had these wonderful memories of my life going well in b ham and now I was just feeling like look at how I've fallen...... My doctor would always come sit with me and just talk. He was pretty young to be a doctor so I could talk to him pretty easy then. We watched a playoff game together one night, I won't ever forget it. He spent waaaaay more time with me than he had to. 

But anyway you'll get through this I believe in you

• Like 1

On 1/31/2024 at 4:41 PM, aubiefifty said:

i have a four inch mass on my right kidney that is cancer. i also have abnormal protein in my blood which is a worry and he would not speculate. i suffer from depression and i am pretty bummed right now i need someone to cheer me up. maybe auburn will win tonight. i know not many folks will care but i just need to vent.

Sorry to hear this. You’re a good guy, Fifty. Praying for you, brother.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Sorry to hear this. You’re a good guy, Fifty. Praying for you, brother.

i am doing much much better TT but i sure appreciate it.

• Love 1

i have a four inch mass on my right kidney that is cancer. i also have abnormal protein in my blood which is a worry and he would not speculate. i suffer from depression and i am pretty bummed right now i need someone to cheer me up. maybe auburn will win tonight. i know not many folks will care but i just need to vent.

I’m just seeing this fifty. Trust and believe in His healing power, stay positive and don’t allow thoughts of doubt to creep in. Like others have already mentioned, we will be praying for you.
When “I” is replaced by “We” then illness becomes wellness. 

• Love 1

47 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Praying for you man. Hang in there.  

i thought you hated me so i am surprised but i appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...

i finally got a call for the surgical people monday.now i am absolutely nervous. but i am ready to put all this behind me. wish me good thoughts folks. i am more nervous now than when they told me i have cancer. i guess when you get older things seem very different than they did when i was a young man. i started to reschedule but i am pushing ahead. i think it will be fine. it something bad happens i fear for my dogs but i think i have it covered. ok my rambling is over.

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i finally got a call for the surgical people monday.now i am absolutely nervous. but i am ready to put all this behind me. wish me good thoughts folks. i am more nervous now than when they told me i have cancer. i guess when you get older things seem very different than they did when i was a young man. i started to reschedule but i am pushing ahead. i think it will be fine. it something bad happens i fear for my dogs but i think i have it covered. ok my rambling is over.

Best wishes!

• Love 1

19 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

March on and hang in there Fiddy.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

You’ve got this fifty.  Prays up 🙏

i was running on three hours sleep and i have calmed down and i am ready to attack this thing! you and i will never agree on politics but respect your class. i appreciate it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

Praying for you fifty.  My father in law was just diagnosed w/ pancreatic cancer.  I’m believing for complete healing for him too.

My wife, the lovely natural medicine nerd that she is, has gone scorched earth on the rest of the family.  She’s cut out sugar from our diet and has us all eating apricot seeds (they’re not too bad, like bitter almonds).

• 1 month later...

Aubie, I'm praying for you now. 

• Love 1