2025 3* TE Hollis Davidson Commits To AU!

toddc

Fresh off his visit for Junior Day, Auburn has landed a commitment from tight end Hollis Davidson. 

The 6-foot-5, 238-pound Georgia native is commitment No. 8 for Auburn in the cycle and commitment No. 2 for Ben Aigamaua at the tight end position. Davidson is ranked as the No. 369 player, No. 21 tight end and No. 42 player from Georgia in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite rankings.

Davidson visited Auburn in the fall for a game and was back Saturday. His grandparents and great-grandparents on his mom’s side all attended and graduated from Auburn.

"Man, it was great. The facilities down here are amazing, the weather was great it was cool outside," Davidson said after Junior Day. "Everybody was showing love, I got to be here with Ryan (Ghea) — he’s one of my boys and he’s committed here. I enjoyed the day. Coach Ben (Aigamaua), Coach Logan (Bradley) everybody was showing a lot of love and it was amazing.”

With Auburn set to lose three tight ends to graduation after the 2024 season, Davidson is the second of what’s set to be a three-man class at the position in the 2025 recruiting cycle. 

Aigamaua’s relentless recruiting effort was a key in Davidson’s early commitment, despite Miami, Penn State, Florida, Florida State, Georgia Tech and Cincinnati all being involved. As was tight ends assistant coach Logan Bradley.

"They’re great. I really like how Ben is a family man," Davidson said. "He wants to take me under his wing if I come here and he gets along with my family really well. Coach Logan, I actually met him today he was showing me around everywhere and he seems really awesome.”

Davidson's father played volleyball at Penn State and his aunt was an All-American volleyball player for the Nittany Lions before coaching at Notre Dame.

As a junior for McIntosh, Davidson caught 30 passes for 436 yards and three touchdowns.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 3

• toddc changed the title to 2025 TE Hollis Davidson Committed
  • augolf1716 pinned this topic

• Like 3

• ellitor changed the title to 2025 3* TE Hollis Davidson Commits To AU!
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Zeek unpinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

https://247sports.com/article/te-hollis-davidson-decommits-from-auburn-reevaluating-all-options-florida-state-florida-231494416/

Peachtree City (Ga.) McIntosh class of 2025 three-star tight end Hollis Davidson decommitted from Auburn Monday evening. After initially pledging to the Tigers back on February 6, the 6-5, 238-pounder decided to reopen his process and take a step back.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Randy4AU said:

I just read that he has decommitted from Auburn. 

I guess 1000% isn’t what it used to be. 

Edited by gr82be
  • Haha 2

Got that offer from Texas.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gr82be said:

I guess 1000% is what it used to be. 

Yea, that scares me every time an early commitment says 100, 200, or 1000% committed then it's usually not happening in the end.

11 hours ago, gr82be said:

I guess 1000% is what it used to be. 

We should only accept 10000% commitments. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cbo said:

We should only accept 10000% commitments. 

I think they should have to get a tattoo

…oh wait, never mind. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3