“No one is following the Constitution!”

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Gadsden Times (my home town)a few years back: Still applies today

https://www.gadsdentimes.com/story/news/local/2011/10/21/few-americans-take-immigrants-jobs-in-alabama/32141915007/

Go ask a farmer in Kansas or a chicken plant manager in Tennessee. 

Tragic. Makes me wish Trump would have fixed it permanently when during the first two years of his Presidency he had a majority in the House and Senate and 38 Republican governors. But he didn’t did he? I wonder why after all his promises and such a majority he didn’t. 

This makes me glad the first line of my post to you was acknowledging this very statement.

Trump loves that the border wasn’t fixed long term. He can use it as a political issue again. Over and over.  On the other hand, if an issue doesn’t politically help or hurt him - the problem does not exist and won’t be addressed. Classic narcissism mindset.

https://reason.com/2018/12/05/trump-on-a-future-debt-crisis-yeah-but-i/

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, arein0 said:

Yes I was vaccinated. Do I think all the unvaccinated are MAGA? No. But the vast majority are. I looked up the % of the US population that have at least 1 shot and it actually fits what @auburnatl1 was saying about conspiracy theorists. Only 20% of the population have not received 1 shot.

I rest my case.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

I rest my case.

That you agree with @auburnatl1that the MAGA base are more likely to believe conspiracy theories? You made no point anywhere. 

18 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Quotes/study taken 4 months ago.   Laugh out loud.    But yet for 95% of your lifetime, you knew exactly what gender meant.   

Wow, the science has changed in 4 months!!? :rolleyes:

How about summarizing the new scientific position?

And for "95% of my lifetime", I never cared enough about the question to investigate it, not to mention how much the science developed over the last 69 years. 

Edited by homersapien

15 hours ago, arein0 said:

Yes I was vaccinated. Do I think all the unvaccinated are MAGA? No. But the vast majority are. I looked up the % of the US population that have at least 1 shot and it actually fits what @auburnatl1 was saying about conspiracy theorists. Only 20% of the population have not received 1 shot.

By your account a vast majority the did not receive the vaccine were MAGA.  You associate conspiracy theorists to be MAGA. Where is your data saying this is true?  More people in red states were unvaxed.  Are you associating red state unvaxxed with MAGA or are you believing the media when they tell you this?

RFK Jr. spent years stoking fear and mistrust of vaccines.

https://apnews.com/article/rfk-kennedy-election-vaccines-2ccde2df146f57b5e8c26e8494f0a16a

Is RFK Jr MAGA?  Are the people that listened to him MAGA?  Would you know how many people were MAGA that did not tale the vaccine?  Of course not, nor do you know how many people were influenced by Kennedy.  You’re relying on the media to inform you.

52 minutes ago, arein0 said:

That you agree with @auburnatl1that the MAGA base are more likely to believe conspiracy theories? You made no point anywhere. 

There a wide variety of conspiracy theories that are believed by many on the left.  Chemtrail is one, but that was when the left decided the government was not to be trusted.  It’s amazing the shift that occurred just because Dementia Joe is in the White House and he mandated the vaccine on his subjects. 

47 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

By your account a vast majority the did not receive the vaccine were MAGA.  You associate conspiracy theorists to be MAGA. Where is your data saying this is true?  More people in red states were unvaxed.  Are you associating red state unvaxxed with MAGA or are you believing the media when they tell you this?

RFK Jr. spent years stoking fear and mistrust of vaccines.

https://apnews.com/article/rfk-kennedy-election-vaccines-2ccde2df146f57b5e8c26e8494f0a16a

Is RFK Jr MAGA?  Are the people that listened to him MAGA?  Would you know how many people were MAGA that did not tale the vaccine?  Of course not, nor do you know how many people were influenced by Kennedy.  You’re relying on the media to inform you.

There a wide variety of conspiracy theories that are believed by many on the left.  Chemtrail is one, but that was when the left decided the government was not to be trusted.  It’s amazing the shift that occurred just because Dementia Joe is in the White House and he mandated the vaccine on his subjects. 

This is what I believe on the conspiracy theory and MAGA.

1. Both sides have conspiracy theorists. I believe both sides of are absolutely crazy. The difference and most alarming thing is the crazy on the right has taken control of the major party and unfortunately the amount of conspiracy theorists on the right are growing.

2. I look at data on vaccine rates to make my judgment when I say the vast majority of unvaccinated is MAGA. According to https://www.pewresearch.org/ps_2021-09-15_covid19-restrictions_a-02/ 40% of polled Republicans were unvaccinated compared to 14% of Democrats. Since the total vaccination rate of the polled were an average of the 2, I can safely assume that the polled population is the same. So 40/54 = 74% ie majority. 

27 minutes ago, arein0 said:

This is what I believe on the conspiracy theory and MAGA.

1. Both sides have conspiracy theorists. I believe both sides of are absolutely crazy. The difference and most alarming thing is the crazy on the right has taken control of the major party and unfortunately the amount of conspiracy theorists on the right are growing.

2. I look at data on vaccine rates to make my judgment when I say the vast majority of unvaccinated is MAGA. According to https://www.pewresearch.org/ps_2021-09-15_covid19-restrictions_a-02/ 40% of polled Republicans were unvaccinated compared to 14% of Democrats. Since the total vaccination rate of the polled were an average of the 2, I can safely assume that the polled population is the same. So 40/54 = 74% ie majority. 

Interesting;  I consider *gender affirming care* a conspiracy theory because it is not bases on science, but that wouldn’t be a conspiracy to the left would it?

The pew research is fascinating.  The poll was released 5 days after Biden did an end around the Constitution and mandated a vaccine because his patience was wearing thin with the unvaxxed.  His rhetoric was ever increasingly ugly pertaining to the unvaxxed and there was a lot of pushback by Americans.  Asking a question with regard to vaccination at this time is suspect at best.  We all know all people answering poll questions never lie or answer the question in a political way.

In other words, I don’t believe it.  Why would it be necessary to separate who had the vaccine by political party unless it was an advantage to the Biden administration?  This is a BS contention that you have eaten up.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

Vaccination adoption was delineated the most heavily by education level

image.thumb.png.1d59f3b386d5ad790dbc65a092c33f5e.png

The separation of people who can think for themselves and the sheep.  I am 73, almost 74, and know that the survival rate was around 95% for my age group at the time.  I got the original shots, but after news that it did not last long and did not help with other variants, I took a different look at it.  What the CDC did not emphasis was your comorbidity made a big difference.  The big thing, to me, was a BMI of over 25% (which happens to be normal weight) was one factor and any other issue you may have you were in a higher than average chance of not surviving a virus that was 95% survivable.   That took care of a lot (majority) of people.  

I am of normal weight and, at the time, no other issues.  Analysis: I didn’t need it and therefore why put something in my body that is experimental?  

Educated people do not mean they have common sense.  How many people did you see riding around in their Mercedes alone with their masks on at the time?  Remember a very highly educated man insisted masked helped control the spread and remaining 6 ft from each other was the best thing to do to stay healthy.  Now, that same man has admitted masked didn’t help and the 6 ft distance was an arbitrary number with no basis in fact.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Interesting;  I consider *gender affirming care* a conspiracy theory because it is not bases on science, but that wouldn’t be a conspiracy to the left would it?

The pew research is fascinating.  The poll was released 5 days after Biden did an end around the Constitution and mandated a vaccine because his patience was wearing thin with the unvaxxed.  His rhetoric was ever increasingly ugly pertaining to the unvaxxed and there was a lot of pushback by Americans.  Asking a question with regard to vaccination at this time is suspect at best.  We all know all people answering poll questions never lie or answer the question in a political way.

In other words, I don’t believe it.  Why would it be necessary to separate who had the vaccine by political party unless it was an advantage to the Biden administration?  This is a BS contention that you have eaten up.

My 2 cents. Conspiracy is just the extreme result of skepticism and lack of trust in people we don’t know. Moon landing, flat earth, how old is the planet ect require us to trust an “elite” stranger. Scientists, the media, ect. If you cant see it or touch it personally - nope.

Covid - worse case scenario - this time its the damn gov up to something. And it can’t be good. Deep state faucci and Biden are up to Orwellian control stuff. Ps Even though Trump was the 1st in line for the damn shot. 

Covid resistance by certain personality types was a predictable as gravity. Same exact problem with global warming acceptance.

• Like 2

Educated people do not mean they have common sense.

Facts

How many people did you see riding around in their Mercedes alone with their masks on at the time?

At the time? I still see this happening. Crazy.

Remember a very highly educated man insisted masked helped control the spread and remaining 6 ft from each other was the best thing to do to stay healthy.  Now, that same man has admitted masked didn’t help and the 6 ft distance was an arbitrary number with no basis in fact.

True, but I don't think that was a common sense issue either. 

• Like 1

Based on new information not available at the time he made his original recommendation, Fauci admits error.

I completely understand how a MAGA simply couldn't process that.  

These people are not capable of critical thought.

53 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

My 2 cents. Conspiracy is just the extreme result of skepticism and lack of trust in people we don’t know. Moon landing, flat earth, how old is the planet ect require us to trust an “elite” stranger. Scientists, the media, ect. If you cant see it or touch it personally - nope.

Covid - worse case scenario - this time its the damn gov up to something. And it can’t be good. Deep state faucci and Biden are up to Orwellian control stuff. Ps Even though Trump was the 1st in line for the damn shot. 

Covid resistance by certain personality types was a predictable as gravity. Same exact problem with global warming acceptance.

Don't leave out the bias-amplifying effects of modern "communication" platforms. ;) 

22 hours ago, aubaseball said:

That’s called a working visa.   We have plenty of those already on the books.    

Having a huge family of in-laws who immigrated here over the last 3 decades, I’m familiar with working visas. I wasn’t addressing that. I was addressing the part about “influx of welfare seeking individuals.” That is absolutely not a true characteristic of the great majority of immigrants. They should all come legally and orderly. Biden has failed controlling the borders. But the overwhelming majority of immigrants are hard working people and the opposite of seeking welfare.  

• Like 1