Still no evidence of anything impeachable.... maybe the evidence is in the prize egg at the egg hunt.

16 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Didn’t they cut off Trumps social media access during the protests? That would be his only method of contact/control. He may have.

Why would he contact anyone when they were doing exactly what he had hoped they would do?  He was knee deep in a plan to unseat valid electors and replace them with slates of his choosing.

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

So we need to bring in the national guard for a protest that potus himself initiated?… If youre a leader with the country’s best interest in heart - and you have an instinct it might need the national friggin  guard. Maybe you s shouldn’t have the protest. Especially after losing over 60 straight investigations/cases into election tampering,  

I respect your opinion, but even Hillary and gore (eventually) conceded for the good of the country. No deaths, no white supremacists, no buffalo horns. And they both won the popular vote (can you imagine what Trump would done?). Anyway, the whole thing takes me into Liz Cheney land. Moving on.

Well not typically, but we had intelligence indicating unrest. So at a minimum, you are prepared or should be.

Look, I didn't agree with the protest, but again it is protected.

I certainly don't agree with those that were violent. But for the record that was .091 percent of the crowd. We can't simply lump the entire crowd into a basket. That's my opinion. I get partisans will disagree. IIWII

2 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Why would he contact anyone when they were doing exactly what he had hoped they would do? 

Are you saying Trump wanted his supporters to attack police and the Capitol? Do we have evidence of that?

4 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

He was knee deep in a plan to unseat valid electors and replace them with slates of his choosing.

Now that is true. 

Good grief.  This started with Trump refusing to concede the election. Had he done so, no "protest" or riot.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Good grief.  This started with Trump refusing to concede the election. Had he done so, no "protest" or riot.

Well homey, I actually agree with you. :gofig:

8 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Are you saying Trump wanted his supporters to attack police and the Capitol? Do we have evidence of that?

Now that is true. 

I don't believe that he intended on them actually breaching the building.  He simply wanted them to be disruptive and it got out of hand.  He had Senators lined up and prepared to object to the electoral votes of Georgia, Arizona, Michigan & Nevada.  He was also still demanding that Pence refuse to certify the Electoral College votes. 

After the mob broke thru the doors of Congress and the entire process was halted, some of the Republican elected officials got cold feet and refused to object as they had previously pledged to do.  The plan finished falling apart at that point and he would have never purposefully risked that happening.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I don't believe that he intended on them actually breaching the building.  He simply wanted them to be disruptive and it got out of hand.  He had Senators lined up and prepared to object to the electoral votes of Georgia, Arizona, Michigan & Nevada.  He was also still demanding that Pence refuse to certify the Electoral College votes. 

After the mob broke thru the doors of Congress and the entire process was halted, some of the Republican elected officials got cold feet and refused to object as they had previously pledged to do.  The plan finished falling apart at that point and he would have never purposefully risked that happening.

I think that is fairly accurate.  Plus, his ego was being stroked by the fact all this was being done on his behalf.

Result: He sat on his hands and watched it unfold.

• Like 1