Still no evidence of anything impeachable.... maybe the evidence is in the prize egg at the egg hunt.

On 4/19/2024 at 7:42 PM, creed said:

What is the reason for large crowds at this event?

Based on previously published articles it was dissatisfaction with the election results, i.e. a belief it was stolen, and strong support for Trump. 

14 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

you have lost your mind dude.........if you ever had one. the same mob wanted to hang nancy and pence. keep taking up for thugs. god help us if it was black lives matter or antifa because you idiots would change the narrative. the right has absolutely no honor.

Try to keep up fidy. Just put down the gummies and pay attention. :laugh:

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

And if Trump had not created the conditions in the first place it wouldn't have happened.

I agree.

And if Trump had tried to get them  to stop instead of passively watching, they might have stopped.

I agree.

And if Trump ordered troops, why didn't he ensure it was done?  

I presume because he was told it was handled. But admittedly, I haven't asked him. ;)

On 4/19/2024 at 5:41 PM, AUFAN78 said:

Irrelevant. We knew there would be large crowds, which is unusual for this event, and more importantly, had intelligence indicating problematic activity. 

How is that somehow more important than punishing the behavior of those that made bad choices that day?  It is not a defense to wrongdoing to claim that someone should have been prevented from being able to commit the crime.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Based on previously published articles it was dissatisfaction with the election results, i.e. a belief it was stolen, and strong support for Trump. 

Correct. A sitting U.S. president pushing what he knew to be false claims as part of his effort to change the valid results and thereby retain power. Disgusting un American behavior.

11 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

How is that somehow more important than punishing the behavior of those that made bad choices that day?  It is not a defense to wrongdoing to claim that someone should have been prevented from being able to commit the crime.

You seem to be quite confused. I've not advocated that deterrence is more important than punishing criminal activity. However, it seems logical to understand one can prevent the other. Perhaps on Pluto, this isn't the case? 

16 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Correct. A sitting U.S. president pushing what he knew to be false claims as part of his effort to change the valid results and thereby retain power. Disgusting un American behavior.

There has been an abundance of similar behavior over the last decade. I'm not a fan.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

What was the source for this "belief it was stolen"? Where did it come from? 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

I presume because he was told it was handled. But admittedly, I haven't asked him. ;)https://www.point2homes.com/US/Neighborhood/AL/Leeds/Oliver-Crossing-Demographics.html

Well, I presume if he really wanted those troops there - and was serious when he "ordered" them up - he might have double checked it while spending over 3 hours watching it all unfold on TV.

Now what was your point again?

Edited by homersapien

On 4/21/2024 at 4:24 PM, homersapien said:

Well, I presume if he really wanted those troops there - and was serious when he "ordered" them up - he might have double checked it while spending over 3 hours watching it all unfold on TV.

Now what was your point again?

Hall Of Fame Game Missed The Point GIF

On 4/21/2024 at 6:23 AM, creed said:

What was the source for this "belief it was stolen"? Where did it come from? 

Virtually all Democrats (93%) say Biden won the election fairly, a view shared by 58% of independents. Just 21% of Republicans believe Biden won his election fair and square, while 68% say he won "due to voter fraud."

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

Virtually all Democrats (93%) say Biden won the election fairly, a view shared by 58% of independents. Just 21% of Republicans believe Biden won his election fair and square, while 68% say he won "due to voter fraud."

That false belief was pushed by right wing media.  Fox "News", OAN etc etc.... A small group of self promoting con artists, spearheaded by Sidney Powell, then told Trump what he wanted to hear, instead of the truth.  Trump made the decision to push away his AG, VP and any other advisor that attempted to speak truth on the matter.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Hall Of Fame Game Missed The Point GIF

Exactly.

All I've seen is a debate about whether or not Trump order troops or not.

So, what's your point if he did?

Edited by homersapien

5 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

it just proves you guys are idiots..............go ask the pillow guy and rudy and all the others as they were PROVEN to be liars and it cost them millions...............

4 hours ago, AU9377 said:

That false belief was pushed by right wing media.  Fox "News", OAN etc etc.... A small group of self promoting con artists, spearheaded by Sidney Powell, then told Trump what he wanted to hear, instead of the truth.  Trump made the decision to push away his AG, VP and any other advisor that attempted to speak truth on the matter.

No argument from me on that point, but don't forget there is precedent. 

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Exactly.

All I've seen is a debate about whether or not Trump order troops or not.

So, what's your point if he did?

We've had this discussion in multiple threads. You forget every time. :homer:

So if you recall seeing that thread and can retain information "the point" is revealed. 10,000 troops prevent the breach of the Capitol.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

it just proves you guys are idiots..............go ask the pillow guy and rudy and all the others as they were PROVEN to be liars and it cost them millions...............

You lump me in with my pillow guy and Rudy? Come on fidy, it's early to be chugging gummies. 

19 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

We've had this discussion in multiple threads. You forget every time. :homer:

So if you recall seeing that thread and can retain information "the point" is revealed. 10,000 troops prevent the breach of the Capitol.

Why do you feel compelled to weasel?

Is it your contention that Trump didn't intend to have the capitol "breached"?  If so, why didn't he attempt to intervene after the breaching commenced?

Edited by homersapien
  • Facepalm 1

22 hours ago, homersapien said:

Is it your contention that Trump didn't intend to have the capitol "breached"?  If so, why didn't he attempt to intervene after the breaching commenced?

Speechless 78?  Or are you stuck in the cognitive paradox?

On 4/24/2024 at 12:15 PM, homersapien said:

You can look no further than your commentary on this thread as a prime example of said weaseling. Yes homey, you are still the King Weasel. And no, the title is not in jeopardy.

My contention is clear. 10,000 troops prevent the Capitol breach. 

On 4/25/2024 at 10:16 AM, homersapien said:

Speechless 78?  Or are you stuck in the cognitive paradox?

More like dumbfounded at your endless loop of stupidity. 

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

You can look no further than your commentary on this thread as a prime example of said weaseling. Yes homey, you are still the King Weasel. And no, the title is not in jeopardy.

No one disputes that.  So now, what's your point?

What's the argument regarding Trump ordering/requesting those troops? Are you trying to imply Trump didn't want the assault and break in to happen?

Edited by homersapien

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

No one disputes that.  So now, what's your point?

What's the argument regarding Trump ordering/requesting those troops? Are you trying to imply Trump didn't want the assault and break in to happen?

Your endless loop of stupidity continues. Go figure.

• Haha 1

On 4/23/2024 at 10:10 AM, AUFAN78 said:

That doesn't answer the question.

15 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

10,000? Where does that number come from? Why not 20,000 or 30,000? Who foots the security bill for guarding a band of idiots stired up by King Idiot?