Still no evidence of anything impeachable.... maybe the evidence is in the prize egg at the egg hunt.

Did I miss something or was it not revealed in the 1/6 commission that there was sufficient information that something was going to happen, but the Sgt. of Arms, Nancy Pelosi and the DC Mayor decided not to use additional security beforehand?   And this information was shared but not acted on even after the previous summer of love tour that spread love and hope throughout DC, Minneapolis, Portland, NYC and other cities.   Does Peliso bear any responsibility? Or is it just Trump?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Did I miss something or was it not revealed in the 1/6 commission that there was sufficient information that something was going to happen, but the Sgt. of Arms, Nancy Pelosi and the DC Mayor decided not to use additional security beforehand?   And this information was shared but not acted on even after the previous summer of love tour that spread love and hope throughout DC, Minneapolis, Portland, NYC and other cities.   Does Peliso bear any responsibility? Or is it just Trump?  

I'm starting to get Minority Report flashbacks. 

State the "real" root cause of the insurrection. 

3 minutes ago, creed said:

I'm starting to get Minority Report flashbacks. 

State the "real" root cause of the insurrection. 

What insurrection?  No one has been charged with insurrection and that is just the narrative the left likes to throw around.  It evidently is working.

• Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

What insurrection?  No one has been charged with insurrection and that is just the narrative the left likes to throw around.  It evidently is working.

insurrection definition: a violent uprising against an authority or government.

Just my opinion. I'm not left or right or watch political programming. I use my God given senses for developing my opinion.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, creed said:

Just my opinion. I'm not left or right or watch political programming. I use my God given senses for developing my opinion.

Do you think it was a planned insurrection?  or developed because of lack of control of the crowd?

3 hours ago, aubaseball said:

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-235651652542

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Do you think it was a planned insurrection?  or developed because of lack of control of the crowd?

It was, at the least, a facilitated insurrection. Far more than Henry II's role in the death of the Archbishop of Canterbury. Trump is listed as a conspirator in false elector cases in multiple states. He had an active role in some components of the process, more facilitative and encouraging in others.

• Like 1

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

Neither.

It was enticed and propogated due to lack of self-control and personal responsibility.

3 hours ago, creed said:

Ok.  Keep telling yourself that.   Insurrection?   Has anyone been charged with that crime?   Would this be the first time in history that an insurrection happened and no one was killed?  And I’m not talking about Babbit

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

That is after the fact.   I clearly stated that information was received days before January 6 that there was a good possibility that something was going to happen.   But keep deflecting away from others responsibility’s.    Clearly someone dropped the ball on a stronger presence.    And clearly Trump didn’t help in the matter.   Both things can be true at the same time.    One is before the fact and the other is after.   

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

That is after the fact.   I clearly stated that information was received days before January 6 that there was a good possibility that something was going to happen.   But keep deflecting away from others responsibility’s.    Clearly someone dropped the ball on a stronger presence.    And clearly Trump didn’t help in the matter.   Both things can be true at the same time.    One is before the fact and the other is after.   

Read it again.

Gets so tiring policing these people that minimize what happened that day. Post link after link debunking the garbage they spew, but they'll never believe it, and then they pop up in another thread saying the exact same things.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, creed said:

That doesn't answer the question.

Apologies. I misinterpreted your post.

I think 77 nailed it: That false belief was pushed by right wing media.  Fox "News", OAN etc etc.... A small group of self promoting con artists, spearheaded by Sidney Powell, then told Trump what he wanted to hear, instead of the truth.

14 hours ago, creed said:

10,000? Where does that number come from? Why not 20,000 or 30,000? Who foots the security bill for guarding a band of idiots stired up by King Idiot?

The 10,000 was from the testimony of multiple individuals in the room on the J3 meeting. If I recall correctly, 20,000 may have been mentioned. Taxpayers?

2 hours ago, Leftfield said:

Gets so tiring policing these people that minimize what happened that day. Post link after link debunking the garbage they spew, but they'll never believe it, and then they pop up in another thread saying the exact same things.

Perhaps I missed the post, but I've seen no one defending the actions of those who violently attacked the Capitol.

Discussing what could have prevented the attack is a different topic. There were hearings on the hill last week trying to identify preventative measures. 

2 hours ago, Leftfield said:

IMO hard core maga has become a form of …. faith. And once it’s become that it’s fact/link/pick your substantiation-proof. Faith is “above” facts. I would suggest it’s totally incompatible with the 2nd commandment, but it is what it is. Regardless, there’s been a lot an analysis trying to better understand it. Ie.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/28/politics/election-misinformation-conspiracy-theories-what-matters/index.html

• Like 3

5 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Ok.  Keep telling yourself that.   Insurrection?   Has anyone been charged with that crime?   Would this be the first time in history that an insurrection happened and no one was killed?  And I’m not talking about Babbit

Seriously, is that the standard we have deluded ourselves into thinking appropriate? :(

What about our country's history of accepting and facilitating  a peaceful transfer of power, which extends all the way back?

Trump is one of the most corrosive influences in our country's  history. Your post is proof of that.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Perhaps I missed the post, but I've seen no one defending the actions of those who violently attacked the Capitol.

Discussing what could have prevented the attack is a different topic. There were hearings on the hill last week trying to identify preventative measures. 

Hopefully they're discussing something like this for ex-presidents to wear for at least until after inauguration day.  🙂

image.jpeg

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Perhaps I missed the post, but I've seen no one defending the actions of those who violently attacked the Capitol

This discussion is about who instigated it - and declined to make any effort to stop it.  That has little to nothing to do with who may have prevented it.

5 hours ago, aubaseball said:

What do you call what happened on January 6th?

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

This discussion is about who instigated it - and declined to make any effort to stop it.  That has little to nothing to do with who may have prevented it.

I thought the topic was about Biden?   It somehow got sideways into Trump, as usual.   
I don’t know how many times someone has to tell you, Trump is not my dude.   I can see with my own eyes the difference in how Biden is portrayed as opposed to Trump.   

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Incorrect. It's both.

3 minutes ago, creed said:

What do you call what happened on January 6th?

I will say the same thing now as I did when I saw it on TV.    A bunch of idiots trying to get into the capitol.   Breaking the law!  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I thought the topic was about Biden?   It somehow got sideways into Trump, as usual.   
I don’t know how many times someone has to tell you, Trump is not my dude.   I can see with my own eyes the difference in how Biden is portrayed as opposed to Trump.   

How anyone has been "portrayed" is irrelevant. This is about what actually happened.

9 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Incorrect. It's both.

Apparently, you don't want to discuss the part about not stopping it, huh?

8 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I will say the same thing now as I did when I saw it on TV.    A bunch of idiots trying to get into the capitol.   Breaking the law!  

Who and what motivated their actions?

Edited by homersapien