Still no evidence of anything impeachable.... maybe the evidence is in the prize egg at the egg hunt.

11 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I will say the same thing now as I did when I saw it on TV.    A bunch of idiots trying to get into the capitol.   Breaking the law!  

Ok, I’ll play one time - knowing it’s pointless. Who summoned “the idiots” to come on that date (vote certification)? What was its noble purpose supposed to be before … a few bad apples spoiled it for everyone?

Think it through.

2 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Ok, I’ll play one time - knowing it’s pointless. Who summoned “the idiots” to come on that date (vote certification)? What was its noble purpose supposed to be before … a few bad apples spoiled it for everyone?

Think it through.

Nice try, but it's like trying to teach a a young child.

Edited by homersapien

8 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Apparently, you don't want to discuss the part about not stopping it, huh?

Who and what motivated their actions?

First, thanks for the concession. I have discussed both. You seem to dismiss the prevention phase. Why?

Do you even read the threads? These questions have been answered multiple times, yet here you go asking again. It's tiring frankly.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Nice try, but it's like reasoning with a young child.

Theres no doubt there’s something different about Trump. Desantis doesn’t cause this kind of blindness (which might be why he lost). I know Dems don’t care for him either, but the debate with him is ideological. It’s about a difference of opinion.

Trump is primal.

13 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Nice try, but it's like trying to teach a a young child.

I have to profess, that is precisely how I feel lately trying to educate you on this topic. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I have to profess, that is precisely how I feel lately trying to educate you on this topic. 

Did trump ever simply apologize?

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

Did trump ever simply apologize?

For J6? Not to my knowledge. I doubt he thinks he did anything wrong.

10 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

For J6? Not to my knowledge. I doubt he thinks he did anything wrong.

Yep. Kinda hard to prevent or remediate anything when the person in charge of country doesn’t see an issue and would do it again. If trump loses this year I prefer not to imagine what he’ll have his base do. Especially if he’s seeking some sort of self pardon.

15 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Yep. Kinda hard to prevent or remediate anything when the person in charge of country doesn’t see an issue and would do it again. If trump loses this year I prefer not to imagine what he’ll have his base do. Especially if he’s seeking some sort of self pardon.

Didn’t they cut off Trumps social media access during the protests? That would be his only method of contact/control. He may have.

7 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Didn’t they cut off Trumps social media access during the protests? That would be his only method of contact/control. He may have.

Fair point. But he now has his own social platform.

14 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Well, it doesn't have to be hard. Mistakes were made and accountability has to happen. Will it?

Trump will lose and once again complain the election was stolen and that will be the end of it.

Republicans will hopefully move on from Trump, heal, and become the GOP again. Time will tell. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, homersapien said:

Apparently, you don't want to discuss the part about not stopping it, huh?

Who and what motivated their actions?

It’s my opinion that there were several factors that motivated 1/6.    1).  Summer of Love tour and nothing really being done to stop it 2).  An election that was like no other in the history of this country 3).   A President and some of his close personal friends promoting a stolen election 4).  People going to sleep with Trump in the lead and then waking up to him losing.   5).  A media that portrayed everything about 2020 as if everyone was going to die if they got around other people and then seeing with their own eyes time and time again numerous protest with thousands of protesters/rioters/criminals.  That is just a few that I believe had something to do with it 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Think it through.

Doesn’t matter who summoned anyone.   Did you forget that during his speech he said peacefully march to the capitol?   Did I make that up?   Or do you simply don’t want to say it?   
He asked people to come to a rally and then march on to the capitol to protest.   Is it his fault that a bunch of idiots decided to storm the capitol?   If this is your position, then how any of the people that organized all the protests during the summer of 2020 not held to the same standard?   

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Doesn’t matter who summoned anyone.   Did you forget that during his speech he said peacefully march to the capitol?   Did I make that up?   Or do you simply don’t want to say it?   
He asked people to come to a rally and then march on to the capitol to protest.   Is it his fault that a bunch of idiots decided to storm the capitol?   If this is your position, then how any of the people that organized all the protests during the summer of 2020 not held to the same standard?   

What does the summer of 20 have to do with it (yes, they were crazy too)? Deflection - this was driven directly by the friggin president.

That poor Donald. Nothings ever his fault. Either it’s the deep state or few idiots that cause all this litigation and chaos. A true misunderstood martyr. Btw why did it take him over 30 mins  after they had already invaded the capital building and somebody was shot to tweet anything and hour after that to ask them to disband?The  FBI, Twitter, aliens - what/who kept him from acting?

Its like watching a parent defend their kid who they secretly know is nuts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

38 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

this was driven directly by the friggin president.

Are you referring to the protest or the riot? 

• Thanks 1

trump keeps getting a pass from you dummies...........

• Facepalm 1

14 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

First, thanks for the concession. I have discussed both. You seem to dismiss the prevention phase. Why?

Do you even read the threads? These questions have been answered multiple times, yet here you go asking again. It's tiring frankly.

And here you go refusing to answer again. Is responding with the truth that painful?

Try using the abbreviated version, only five letters: TRUMP

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Try using the abbreviated version, only four five letters: TRUMP

FIFY

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, homersapien said:

And here you go refusing to answer again. Is responding with the truth that painful?

Try using the abbreviated version, only four letters: TRUMP

I've answered your questions, yes the ones you keep repeating, multiple times. Don't blame me that you are stuck in an endless loop of stupidity.

5 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I've answered your questions, yes the ones you keep repeating, multiple times. Don't blame me that you are stuck in an endless loop of stupidity.

Should have read arein0's post. You missed a layup.

Edited by homersapien

Just now, homersapien said:

Should have read arein0's post. You missed a layup.

I read it. Not my goal. Pardon the pun.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

Are you referring to the protest or the riot? 

Obviously explicitly the protest.   But he knew the composition type of the crowd and he had further  jacked them up to a frenzy - when he told/unleashed them to go to the capital, and you could see them going nuts and building a gallows then attacking police - live on every network. Meanwhile he did/said nothing until there’d already been a death. 

He’s responsible for both. Even Hannity was pleading /texting him to call it off. I’m a life long Republican - imo it’s indefensible and when people try to minimize it, it looks like mindless subservience. 

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

14 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Obviously explicitly the protest.

The crowd estimated at 135K had the right to protest. I don't necessarily agree with their cause, but they had the right regardless.

17 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

But he knew the composition type of the crowd and he had further  jacked them up to a frenzy - when he told/unleashed them to go to the capital, and you could see them going nuts and building a gallows then attacking police - live on every network.

He knew the crowd were his supporters and he did ask them to go and peacefully protest. The gallows were being constructed in the predawn hours. Did he know about them? IDK. If so, obviously he should have called for the removal. Did he know some in the crowd would attack police? Again IDK. Asking them to peacefully protest perhaps he had an inkling. If so, he had a responsibility to warn against and condemn such activity. 

26 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Meanwhile he did/said nothing until there’d already been a death. 

His actions post-riot were terrible. Indefensible IMO.

28 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

He’s responsible for both.

He shares some responsibility in the march/protest, but again, I think that is a protected right. And he certainly has some responsibility for not calling off the violence sooner. The J6 trial will shed more light on the matter. 

36 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Even Hannity was pleading /texting him to call it off.

Multiple people were pleading with him to call it off.

37 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I’m a life long Republican - imo it’s indefensible and when people try to minimize it, it looks like mindless subservience. 

I don't agree the protests were indefensible. I may not agree with the cause, but it is a right under the First Amendment. I do agree the violence and Trump's lack of response were indefensible. I cannot speak for others, but I'm not sure I've seen anyone minimizing the violence. This thread has covered both the lack of security measures and post Capitol attack. Both are relevant and should be addressed. Doing so is not minimalization. 

6 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

The crowd estimated at 135K had the right to protest. I don't necessarily agree with their cause, but they had the right regardless.

He knew the crowd were his supporters and he did ask them to go and peacefully protest. The gallows were being constructed in the predawn hours. Did he know about them? IDK. If so, obviously he should have called for the removal. Did he know some in the crowd would attack police? Again IDK. Asking them to peacefully protest perhaps he had an inkling. If so, he had a responsibility to warn against and condemn such activity. 

His actions post-riot were terrible. Indefensible IMO.

He shares some responsibility in the march/protest, but again, I think that is a protected right. And he certainly has some responsibility for not calling off the violence sooner. The J6 trial will shed more light on the matter. 

Multiple people were pleading with him to call it off.

I don't agree the protests were indefensible. I may not agree with the cause, but it is a right under the First Amendment. I do agree the violence and Trump's lack of response were indefensible. I cannot speak for others, but I'm not sure I've seen anyone minimizing the violence. This thread has covered both the lack of security measures and post Capitol attack. Both are relevant and should be addressed. Doing so is not minimalization. 

So we need to bring in the national guard for a protest that potus himself initiated?… If youre a leader with the country’s best interest in heart - and you have an instinct it might need the national friggin  guard. Maybe you s shouldn’t have the protest. Especially after losing over 60 straight investigations/cases into election tampering,  

I respect your opinion, but even Hillary and gore (eventually) conceded for the good of the country. No deaths, no white supremacists, no buffalo horns. And they both won the popular vote (can you imagine what Trump would done?). Anyway, the whole thing takes me into Liz Cheney land. Moving on.

• Like 2