2025 SEC opponents

AUwent

Well, I guess they just decided to reverse the 2024 locations, same opponents. So Georgia series remains screwed up. 🤦‍♂️ 

Also, Christ on a cracker Florida needs to fire its AD for screwing them/letting them be screwed over like this.

The ‘25 schedule is really nice. Getting to play Missouri and UK at home, assuming both are still tough outs, is a great advantage, in addition to hosting UGA and UAT, which hopefully by then means we’re actually on a level playing field with them for once (or at least close to it). 

Oklahoma on the road is probably the toughest sitch, though Elko could have A&M rockin and rolling by then. Interesting to see the breakdown of where all the games fit in the final schedule. Vandy and Arky on the road just like 2023 - that SHOULD be two wins there, but who knows how it shakes out. Still, feels like a plus goi no forward, hopefully in a year where the talent level should be in a good spot and we should have an actually capable and talented QB.

• Like 2

Oklahoma will be a good measurement game for us. 

• Like 1

They already released the 2025 schedule?  I thought they were going to do a rotation thing so every school played each other in a reasonable time frame?  Is it going to be 20 years before Auburn plays in the swamp or neyland again?

On 3/21/2024 at 2:09 PM, Win4AU said:

They already released the 2025 schedule?  I thought they were going to do a rotation thing so every school played each other in a reasonable time frame?  Is it going to be 20 years before Auburn plays in the swamp or neyland again?

We played in Gainesville not too many years ago (2019), but yeah, it's been over a decade since we've played in Knoxville (2013), and even longer than that since we've hosted Florida (2011).

I guess the rotation will start in '26, and there is some discussion out there about a 9-game conference schedule starting that year, which I'd be OK with.

There were some anomalies schedule-wise during the 2012-2023 14 team era.  We only played Florida once in that time, A&M only played Kentucky and Georgia once each, there are probably others that I'm too lazy to look up.  None of those matchups will occur in '24 or '25 either, so we'll go a minimum of 15 years between home games against Florida.   

On 3/20/2024 at 4:02 PM, AUwent said:

Florida needs to fire its AD for screwing them/letting them be screwed over like this.

Choosing to play two major opponents from out of conference instead of one like everyone else is bold but not smart when you are the only school doing that. 

• Like 1