Imagine if

19 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

So you take no personal responsibility for Biden’s border policy, but you believe I should be responsible if Trump pardons Jan 6th offenders?  My God what logic.

You can’t track the most basic train of thought. You’re responsible for what you excuse or diminish. I made a pretty blanket statement about Biden mismanaging the border from the start. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You can’t track the most basic train of thought. You’re responsible for what you excuse or diminish. I made a pretty blanket statement about Biden mismanaging the border from the start. 

Ok. Whatever makes you feel better.

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Truth makes me feel better.

And you’re a Democrat?  That reallly doesn’t go together, does it.

12 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

And you’re a Democrat?  That reallly doesn’t go together, does it.

I’m an independent. I relate most to never Trump Republicans in recent years.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I’m an independent. I relate most to never Trump Republicans in recent years.

Of course.

16 hours ago, Leftfield said:

Let's cut to the quick here: all this talk about 10,000 troops is one huge attempt at distraction from the fact that the attack on the Capitol should not have happened, and wouldn't have if it weren't for Trump. That's all there is to it. Any discussion about why someone wouldn't have seen an attack on the Capitol coming boils down to a lack of imagination on their part as to how low Trump would actually sink to stay in power. 

Even ignoring that, this is a pathetic line of attack. The Committee didn't suppress a damn thing:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2024/mar/19/facebook-posts/jan-6-committee-didnt-suppress-testimony-about-tru/

In short, per the article, this transcript, among others, wasn't publicly released until now because the Secret Service wanted some transcripts reviewed for redactions before that happened. Some of them are still under review.

Additionally, Trump didn't want those 10,000 troops to protect the Capitol. He wanted them to protect him. From, and laughably this is about the only thing I_M is right about, counter-protesters. The mayor rightly said the troops weren't needed for that, because BLM and Antifa weren't a problem that day.

Furthermore, those around Trump obviously never thought he ordered anything, and for good reasons. One, 10,000 is an absurdly large number of troops. And secondly, as everyone knows, Trump just says s**t. Usually stupid s**t, so if he doesn't give a direct order, even his own people aren't going to take him seriously. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/january-6-trump-did-not-have-10000-national-guard-troops-ready/

And lastly, this idea that Pelosi was solely responsible for security at the Capitol is hot garbage. On the surface she does have some responsibility, but only in the sense that the Sergeant At Arms for the House reports to her. She rightly depends on the Sergeant At Arms for their expertise, and was content to let him make the call on appropriate security. The Sergeant At Arms for the Senate reports to Mitch McConnell, but you don't hear a damn thing from Trump supporters about him being culpable. 

https://apnews.com/article/fact-checking-235651652542

Seeing people put all this up as a legitimate attack on the January 6 Committee is like watching a drunk slob pick his nose while he hits on supermodel.

I don't understand this line of argument in the first place.

Are 78 - and friends - trying to make the case Trump was actually concerned about a mob attacking the capitol along with the associated violence??  

Seriously??

What does the hours of Trump's non-response after the violence actually commenced say about his concern? 

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-capitol-probes-season-finale-focus-trump-supporters-three-hour-rage-2022-07-21/

Trump watched Jan. 6 U.S. Capitol riot unfold on TV, ignored pleas to call for peace

Never mind he was the one who instigated it in the first place.  :-\

Edited by homersapien

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

Of course.

Never Trump Republicans place principle over politics and personality. So you’re opposed.

14 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

I'll add, why offer troops if not for trying to prevent problems?

Why not tweet to his mob after the "problems" (violence) actually started, if he was "trying to prevent problems"?

Your argument is absolutely delusional.  Trump watched the violence unfold for hours, basking in the potential he thought it represented as well as the ego gratification.

Edited by homersapien

14 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

And now he calls the perpetrators hostages and promises to pardon them.

"Patriotic" hostages, and "political prisoners". 

These arguments trying to defend Trump are Kafkaesque. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Are 78 and friends trying to make the case Trump was actually concerned about a mob attacking the capitol along with the associated violence??  

The thread contained some questions as to whether Trump ordered troops on J6. I simply provided documentation showing he offered, not ordered troops in a meeting on J3/J4. Common sense would dictate his concern via the offer.

21 minutes ago, homersapien said:

What does the hours of Trump's non-response after the violence actually commenced say about his concern? 

IMO, the non-response shows he's an idiot. 

19 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Why not tweet to his mob after the "problems" (violence) actually started?

A different topic, but I disagree with everything he did post-attack.

20 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Your argument is absolutely delusional.  Trump watched the violence unfold for hours, basking in the potential he thought it represented.

I've not argued anything post-attack.

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

A different topic, but I disagree with everything he did post-attack.

I've not argued anything post-attack.

No, you've been arguing Trump was concerned about potential violence on Jan. 6, which is a patently absurd argument considering his behavior after the violence actually started.

15 minutes ago, homersapien said:

No, you've been arguing Trump was concerned about potential violence on Jan. 6, which is a patently absurd argument considering his behavior after the violence actually started.

It is my opinion if he wasn't concerned he wouldn't have offered. His behavior post-riot is another matter that I've agreed is childish. The two things are mutually exclusive.

28 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

It is my opinion if he wasn't concerned he wouldn't have offered. His behavior post-riot is another matter that I've agreed is childish. The two things are mutually exclusive.

4 years of …. “ childish”(I’d say “traitorous” but to each their own) is not being childish.  It’s not a mood or a crappy day, it’s the man.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

4 years of …. “ childish”(I’d say “traitorous” but to each their own) is not being childish.  It’s not a mood or a crappy day, it’s the man.

No argument from me. Trump the man/child is why he doesn't garner my support.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Never Trump Republicans place principle over politics and personality. So you’re opposed.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Ok. Whatever makes you feel better.

You can’t even just say flat out it’s wrong to call them hostages— and it’s far worse than just wrong.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You can’t even just say flat out it’s wrong to call them hostages— and it’s far worse than just wrong.

I don’t hang on every word Trump says.  I also don’t feel the need to defend everything he says, nor do I feel the need to defend everything that gets you offended.

You post several tweets that are offensive to you that Trump says that I don’t respond because they are just fodder.  They’re non sense and means little to most people. They only mean something to those that want to be offended.

4 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

That's an opinion. Yours. Its accuracy is in question.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/congresswoman-says-trump-administration-botched-capitol-riot-preparations-2021-05-12/#:~:text=6 rally,-By Jan Wolfe&text=May 12 (Reuters) - President,Pentagon chief testified on Wednesday.

According to Miller's testimony, Trump asked during that meeting whether the District of Columbia's mayor had requested National Guard troops for Jan. 6, the day Congress was to ratify Joe Biden's presidential election victory.

Trump told Miller to "fill" the request, the former defense secretary testified. Miller said Trump told him: "Do whatever is necessary to protect demonstrators that were executing their constitutionally protected rights."

Edited by Leftfield

42 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I don’t hang on every word Trump says.  I also don’t feel the need to defend everything he says, nor do I feel the need to defend everything that gets you offended.

You post several tweets that are offensive to you that Trump says that I don’t respond because they are just fodder.  They’re non sense and means little to most people. They only mean something to those that want to be offended.

Trump is telling us what he plans to do. You ignore it all because you’re blindly loyal. Cult-like.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/congresswoman-says-trump-administration-botched-capitol-riot-preparations-2021-05-12/#:~:text=6 rally,-By Jan Wolfe&text=May 12 (Reuters) - President,Pentagon chief testified on Wednesday.

According to Miller's testimony, Trump asked during that meeting whether the District of Columbia's mayor had requested National Guard troops for Jan. 6, the day Congress was to ratify Joe Biden's presidential election victory.

Trump told Miller to "fill" the request, the former defense secretary testified. Miller said Trump told him: "Do whatever is necessary to protect demonstrators that were executing their constitutionally protected rights."

Fill request. Offered troops. Sounds similar. Progress.

5 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Fill request. Offered troops. Sounds similar. Progress.

I said the reason for the request was to protect his interests and not the Capitol. You said that was my opinion. Miller's testimony confirms what I said, mainly because his testimony was the reason I originally said it. It was never "my opinion."

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Trump is telling us what he plans to do. You ignore it all because you’re blindly loyal. Cult-like.

I remember him saying a 100% tarrif on Chinese EV’s built in Mexico, deporting illegal immigrants and reinstateing remain in Mexico.  Those sound pretty good.  What am I missing?

10 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

I said the reason for the request was to protect his interests and not the Capitol. You said that was my opinion. Miller's testimony confirms what I said, mainly because his testimony was the reason I originally said it. It was never "my opinion."

According to a Department of Defense Inspector General report from November, Trump asked acting Defense Secretary Chris Miller and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley on Jan. 3 about preparations for election protests on Jan. 6.

“The President told Mr. Miller that there would be a large number of protestors on January 6, 2021,” the DoD report states. “And Mr. Miller should ensure sufficient National Guard or Soldiers would be there to make sure it was a safe event. Gen Milley told us that Mr. Miller responded, ‘We’ve got a plan and we’ve got it covered.’”

Miller testified to Congress in May of 2021 that Trump also asked him if D.C.’s mayor had requested any National Guard troops and instructed him to “fill” a request.

I don't know about you, but "Making sure it is a safe event" sounds all-encompassing. 

Edited by AUFAN78

22 hours ago, Leftfield said:

Miller said Trump told him: "Do whatever is necessary to protect demonstrators that were executing their constitutionally protected rights."

Now that sounds more like Trump.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1