Imagine if

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Two years later it appears there is evidence he requested it

“Appears”? Link?

12 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

“Appears”? Link?

I think this is what IM4 is referring to:

https://cha.house.gov/2024/3/chairman-loudermilk-publishes-never-before-released-anthony-ornato-transcribed-interview

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Link to transcript. Not a tweet claim.

Let me see if I can find some of the testimonies. In the meantime, here is another article that mentions Meadows, Patel, and Ornato.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jan-6-committee-allegedly-suppressed-174304598.html

4 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:
  1. A January 6 committee staffer asked Ornato, “When it comes to the National Guard statement about having 10,000 troops or any other number of troops, do you recall any discussion prior to the 6th about whether and how many National Guard troops to deploy on January 6th?” Ornato surprised the committee by noting he did recall a conversation between Meadows and Bowser: “He was on the phone with her and wanted to make sure she had everything that she needed,” Ornato told investigators.

2. Meadows “wanted to know if she need any more guardsmen,” Ornato testified. “And I remember the number 10,000 coming up of, you know, ‘The president wants to make sure that you have enough.’ You know, ‘He is willing to ask for 10,000.I remember that number. Now that you said it, it reminded me of it.

A witness led to repeat a number for a phone conversation he didn’t participate in.

Another: 

Gen. Kellogg: Trump did request Nat’l Guard troops on Jan. 6th; asks Congress to release his testimony

Then-President Donald Trump speaks at an Armed Forces Welcome Ceremony at Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall, Arlington, Va., Sept. 30, 2019. (U.S. Army photo by Sgt. James Harvey)
August 05, 2022 Ryan Morgan

Retired U.S. Army Lt. Gen. Keith Kellogg said last week that former President Donald Trump did in fact request National Guard troops be deployed in Washington D.C. before the breach of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. Kellogg said he was present at the time of Trump’s request, and Congress should release his testimony to the public.

Trump has repeatedly claimed he requested National Guard troops be activated in D.C. to provide security as he called on supporters to gather in D.C. to protest the certification of the 2020 election results for Joe Biden. Trump’s claim has been substantiated by members of his administration, but rejected by some members of Congress.

Kellogg, who was serving as Vice President Mike Pence’s National Security Advisor at the time of the Jan. 6, 2021 Capitol breach, tweeted last week, “To be clear on 6 Jan/NG. Pg 199 of my book, ‘On 3 Jan the President asked the Def Dept to deploy NG troops’ into DC for J6 contingencies. OK for J6 Cmte to publicly release my full sworn testimony. Release Army Guard and DC Mayor J6 testimonies as well. Would be illuminating.”

Kellogg now serves as the co-chairman of the America First Policy Institute’s (AFPI) Center for American Security.

According to an initial timeline published by the U.S. Capitol Police, a Pentagon employee named Carol Corbin reached out to Capitol Police Deputy Chief Sean Gallagher on Jan. 2, 2021 to determine whether Capitol Police were considering a request for National Guard soldiers in anticipation of planned election protest events on January 6. Gallagher replied on Jan. 3 that the Capitol Police were not planning to make such a request.

According to a Department of Defense Inspector General report from November, Trump asked acting Defense Secretary Chris Miller and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley on Jan. 3 about preparations for election protests on Jan. 6.

“The President told Mr. Miller that there would be a large number of protestors on January 6, 2021,” the DoD report states. “And Mr. Miller should ensure sufficient National Guard or Soldiers would be there to make sure it was a safe event. Gen Milley told us that Mr. Miller responded, ‘We’ve got a plan and we’ve got it covered.'”

Miller testified to Congress in May of 2021 that Trump also asked him if D.C.’s mayor had requested any National Guard troops and instructed him to “fill” a request.

A recent Washington Times op-ed criticized the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol breach. The op-ed said the select committee does not have legitimate Republican representation. Reps. Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) and Liz Cheney (R-WY) are the only two Republicans currently allowed on the committee.

David Bossie, who wrote the Washington Times op-ed noted Jan. 3 conversation between Trump and Miller and said the Jan. 6 select committee is “crafting a narrative that doesn’t quite add up and omits important facts that would not stand if there were proper Republican representation on the committee.”

Bossie was deputy campaign manager of Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign.

Kellogg responded to Bossie’s op-ed in a tweet Friday, saying, “Great OpEd. Reinforces my earlier comment on 6 Jan Cmte. Has quote from DOD IG Report regarding 3 Jan 2021 meeting with Actg Def Secy Miller/CJCS Milley in the Oval on the 6 Jan NG request by POTUS on troops needed. I was in the room.”

Edited by AUFAN78

You have Trump stooges claiming Guard was offered to the mayor days before January 6. The mayor isn’t responsible for protecting the capitol building. You have Trump’s Sec of Def saying he didn’t order them when it was obvious help was needed during the breach of the Capitol. Do you honestly not see the difference?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:
  1. A January 6 committee staffer asked Ornato, “When it comes to the National Guard statement about having 10,000 troops or any other number of troops, do you recall any discussion prior to the 6th about whether and how many National Guard troops to deploy on January 6th?” Ornato surprised the committee by noting he did recall a conversation between Meadows and Bowser: “He was on the phone with her and wanted to make sure she had everything that she needed,” Ornato told investigators.

2. Meadows “wanted to know if she need any more guardsmen,” Ornato testified. “And I remember the number 10,000 coming up of, you know, ‘The president wants to make sure that you have enough.’ You know, ‘He is willing to ask for 10,000.I remember that number. Now that you said it, it reminded me of it.

A witness led to repeat a number for a phone conversation he didn’t participate in.

That you would nitpick an article surprises no one. :laugh:

That you would nitpick an article surprises no one. :laugh:

Nitpick. He had no number and then cited the number in the question. Said yeah, that’s the number. It was about what the mayor wanted in advance for the area she was responsible— had nothing to do with responding to what happened on Jan 6th and the mayor has no jurisdiction over the capitol. Pure deflection. Utter bull****. You can’t even taste it as comes out your mouth.

6 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You have Trump stooges claiming Guard was offered to the mayor days before January 6. The mayor isn’t responsible for protecting the capitol building. You have Trump’s Sec of Def saying he didn’t order them when it was obvious help was needed during the breach of the Capitol. Do you honestly not see the difference?

Trump stooges, aka CNN speak, were people in the room that heard the offer of troops. Sounds as if you are unaware of Mayor Bowser's role. Color me shocked. Trump offered troops, not ordered. Miller told Trump he had it covered. We now know he didn't.

This isn't complicated. 

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

Trump stooges, aka CNN speak, were people in the room that heard the offer of troops. Sounds as if you are unaware of Mayor Bowser's role. Color me shocked. Trump offered troops, not ordered. Miller told Trump he had it covered. We now know he didn't.

This isn't complicated. 

It’s not if one is thinking. When was that offer supposedly made? In response to what?

4 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Nitpick. He had no number and then cited the number in the question. Said yeah, that’s the number. It was about what the mayor wanted in advance for the area she was responsible— had nothing to do with responding to what happened on Jan 6th and the mayor has no jurisdiction over the capitol. Pure deflection. Utter bull****. You can’t even taste it as comes out your mouth.

That you know nothing about intelligence or logistics is understandable. That you double down on this ignorance is not. 

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

It’s not if one is thinking. When was that offer supposedly made? In response to what?

Right! ;)  Jan 3rd if I recall correctly. I'm not sure a transcript is available, but I will look.

That you know nothing about intelligence or logistics is understandable. That you double down on this ignorance is not. 

Please explain to me Bowsers role in protecting the Capitol on January 6. Enlightened me with your knowledge and wisdom.

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Right! ;)  Jan 3rd if I recall correctly. I'm not sure a transcript is available, but I will look.

What day was the Capitol breached?

7 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Please explain to me Bowsers role in protecting the Capitol on January 6. Enlightened me with your knowledge and wisdom.

Maybe this will help. I said maybe considering the audience. ;)

What the mayor did, was ask for the minimal number of National Guardsmen and women to help out the Metropolitan Police Department, and she warned that those troops should be unarmed and not directly involve themselves in any protests.

Mayor Muriel Bowser sent a letter on New Year's Eve to Maj. Gen. William Walker, commanding general of the District of Columbia National Guard, requesting support on January 5 through 6. She said Guard personnel would support the MPD and the District Fire and Emergency Medical Services. "[N]o DCNG personnel shall be armed during this mission, and at no time, will DCNG personnel or assets be engaged in domestic surveillance, searches, or seizures of [U.S.] persons," she wrote.

8 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

What day was the Capitol breached?

Are you serious? No, obviously some devilish ploy unlikely to work. But, I'll play given the competition. :laugh:

Jan 6th

7 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Are you serious? No, obviously some devilish ploy unlikely to work. But, I'll play given the competition. :laugh:

Jan 6th

So the offer cited as contradicting the sec of Defense was actually made three days before the breach, not in response to the breach which the sec of defense was referencing— so it’s not a contradiction at all, is it— even if true?

13 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Maybe this will help. I said maybe considering the audience. ;)

What the mayor did, was ask for the minimal number of National Guardsmen and women to help out the Metropolitan Police Department, and she warned that those troops should be unarmed and not directly involve themselves in any protests.

Mayor Muriel Bowser sent a letter on New Year's Eve to Maj. Gen. William Walker, commanding general of the District of Columbia National Guard, requesting support on January 5 through 6. She said Guard personnel would support the MPD and the District Fire and Emergency Medical Services. "[N]o DCNG personnel shall be armed during this mission, and at no time, will DCNG personnel or assets be engaged in domestic surveillance, searches, or seizures of [U.S.] persons," she wrote.

So she had no role in defending the Capitol. That was the responsibility of the commander in chief, correct?

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

What makes you think they would have not been violent against the NG?

The number 10,000

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

So she had no role in defending the Capitol. That was the responsibility of the commander in chief, correct?

Who was responsible for defending the Capitol? Hint; First name Nancy.

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The number 10,000

Where would Bowser have put any guardsmen assigned?

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

You’re sooo deep up Trump’s butt you can taste the Big Macs.

Very mature, are you takin lessons from Trump?

Just now, TexasTiger said:

Where would Bowser have put any guardsmen assigned?

That would be up to her, she runs the city.  She had troops in ready if something happened, she was ill prepared. 

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Who was responsible for defending the Capitol? Hint; First name Nancy.

So if a foreign power or terrorist force targets our capitol we are limited to police action for defense?